I'm quitting DOAD

TRI Mike

Until a few days ago I really tried to like Dimensions. I can bear having people hold out of anything because I can punish it but when 70% of my moves are mids and people can just hold them with a single command it gets on my nerves. And no, I refuse to avoid playing with mid punches and kicks because it should not be played that way. DOAD is the best proof that a 3-way hold system would have made DOA5 "Dead on Arrival 5".

I quit this game.

Chaos

I feel your pain :( I though 4 point hold was a stupid idea at first until I played DOAD online. People who suck playing this game end up winning
because of the dumbass easy 3 point hold, so I had to mix it up by using high & low attacks. :mad: its a little depressing playing DOAD because
of the tiny lame ass d-pad and it didn't live up to the hype as well. I'm glad 4 point hold system is back so people will need to think twice by just trying to spam hold every fucking move. If DOA5 turns out amazing and lives up to the hype, I won't be playing DOAD for a long time.

Raansu

DoAD lacked proper frame advantage and unholdable setups that 3.1 had which is why the 3 point hold doesn't work in DoAD. If DoA5 plays closer to 3.1 then a 3 point hold wouldn't really be that much of an issue. I'd still prefer a 4 or 6 point hold, but the 3 point hold would be fine.

TRI Mike

Exactly, it's a very curious issue with DOAD. DOA3.0 also has a 3-point hold system and I don't care because I can actually ignore the stuns with Jann Lee but DOAD has this thing where you lose and you know the other guy is not better than you and did not play better than you.

Nightpup

Yes, it does that to you a lot. But frankly, DOAD is the only DOA that keeps me coming back for more. xD

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I agree completely. I stopped playing DOAD just weeks after release because of the 3 point hold. It's just a horrifically bad system. I was so upset when I played the DOA5 alpha demo and found that it used the 3 point system. I knew that the game would end up being awful because of it, and was so scared for it's future. I was greatly overcome with joy and relief when I heard later on that they changed to the 4 point system.

I still jump onto DOAD every now and then for one-three games, but it's just so awful. In fact, I actually jumped on to play with Nightpup here a few days ago. I had my ass handed to me by his great Alpha-152. ;)

Raansu

I'm amazed you can even find matches. When the game was new it took me like an hour to find one match. It's one of the reasons I didn't bother with it.

Nightpup

I agree completely. I stopped playing DOAD just weeks after release because of the 3 point hold. It's just a horrifically bad system. I was so upset when I played the DOA5 alpha demo and found that it used the 3 point system. I knew that the game would end up being awful because of it, and was so scared for it's future. I was greatly overcome with joy and relief when I heard later on that they changed to the 4 point system.

I still jump onto DOAD every now and then for one-three games, but it's just so awful. In fact, I actually jumped on to play with Nightpup here a few days ago. I had my ass handed to me by his great Alpha-152. ;)
Oh, you give me too much credit...
And I manage to find matches rather quickly Raansu.

Raansu

Define quickly because it was always a good 30 minutes plus between each match for me and the lack of a rematch function outside of private matches was straight up stupid.

TRI Mike

Until this last weekend it took me about 5-10min to find a match and sometimes the lag was unbearable. I tried to play Awesmic once and we couldn't finish a single round.

ILYA✰

I live in Europe so there is some lag with USA and JAP players..
I have a good connection so I just have to remember which players lag and which do not..

Codemaster92163

The game isn't bad if you can find good players to play consistently. I agree that randoms are preeeeetty bad more often than not, especially when it takes so long to find a single match (with unadjustable settings). Still, if you know someone who has a good connection (and doesn't spam holds), it's pretty fun.

Tokkosho

i dont even know if i've fought any of you besides ILYA and nightpup lol. but yeah generally i find quick matches that are usually lagless.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Whenever I play it, I find games in 2-5 minutes. Sometimes it finds nothing, but when I refresh it'll usually find something. The levels of lag vary.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Yeah mid kicks were always noob killers cuz it takes a noob a while to learn how to mid kick. Everyone first starts out countering mid punch so to work in the opposite way for a mid kick, it takes a while for that to happen. When I played doad, the 3 point system would work in my favor sometimes and then sometimes my opponent would counter me on stuff by just mashing out his back counter when if there was a 4 point he'd be totally own3d. I'd usually just change up my game and start throwing through. Tina is p.good in that game. Better than what she is in doa4 from my experience.

KayJay

It's not the 3 Point system that makes the Countersystem in Dimensions annoying, it's the fact that you can hold the direction while spamming the Hold button. You don't need to time the directional input + H, thus resulting in holdspams between any of your succesfull hits.

SilverForte

Super old thread but I feel like pointing out Genra is the only char who can get guaranteed stuff, he's awesome.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD