I'm Watching Old 3.1 and 3.2 Videos...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
...and getting so hyped watching them. I want someone regular to play with and to get better at the game with. =(

Allan Paris

I am willing to learn this game and play it. I am just too lazy to buy the stuff. But then I'd be like you, no one to play with consistantly that will grow and get good.

Berzerk!

DOA3U online would be a good thing for them to do. It would give Team Ninja the training wheels time with what has become a bit of a gap game for them; it's the only game in the series that has not had an online mode of some kind; they need a multiplatform DOA still.

Having said that, an updated and upgraded visually DOAD would be more likely and in some ways better due to the increased number of characters, and the fact they worked on it recently.

It is a good game that suffers from being on a hand held, an XBL/PSN version would do a lot for DOA (like HD Remix for Street Fighter)

Berzerk!

On the videos: The first Hayabusa appearance shows a combo off a guard break; it wouldn't be hard for them to introduce true Guard breaks again (and this is one of those mechanics that also exist and are done well in VF, which is one of the details that I was alluding to recently).

I don't know about going all the way back to 3.1 and having a full guaranteed combo off a guard break (correct me if I misremember, but the only way out is to defensive hold?) but at least a first jab hit guaranteed and uncounterable after GB to put you at advantage would be good...

There are later slower hits off guard break, was there a scale of frame advantage for a guard break attack that was charged longer?

The new change in DOAD that jabs don't extend stuns could play into a guard break mechanic in interesting ways.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You could struggle out of guard breaks, and if your struggle meter was already filled it will automatically do it for you. Or you know, you could hold the attack that guard breaks you.

Yes, there are two different types of guard breaks: Guard Break and Guard Crush. Guard Break is a stumble backwards like a "Woah". Guard Crush is significantly longer and blows the arms back with one of their feet firmly remaining planted.

You can see the two different ones in the Leon section comparing DOA3.0 and DOA3.1.

Zero254

You could struggle out of guard breaks, and if your struggle meter was already filled it will automatically do it for you. Or you know, you could hold the attack that guard breaks you.

Yes, there are two different types of guard breaks: Guard Break and Guard Crush. Guard Break is a stumble backwards like a "Woah". Guard Crush is significantly longer and blows the arms back with one of their feet firmly remaining planted.

You can see the two different ones in the Leon section comparing DOA3.0 and DOA3.1.
But still.... RPS

Raansu

But still.... RPS

Every fighting game has some form of RPS, just nowhere near as badly as it is in DoA4. DoA4 ended up the way it did because of the changes made to the stun game and the lack of any form of advantage. DoA4 had the foundation to be a solid game, but it fell short at the last minute for various reasons.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is why we praise Doa3 so much. The game was too good, and it is a shame that doa4 turned out to be the game it became.

JAG THE GEMINI

BTW, if some of you guys have the time, then you may want to watch this DOA3.2 combo video made by me.

It´s over 3 years old, so don´t expect something very cool.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Jag, you can always add it to our media library and then use the [medio] [/medio]
tag to post it in the forums.

x Sypher x

I'd be willing as well to learn this game on a deeper level, and get better if I had someone to play with. But unfortunately I don't own a modded XBox or a copy of DOA3.1. So for now I have to settle with my copy of DOA3.0 and my 360. I love Jan Lee in this game though. :6: :6: :K: FTW, lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD