I'm Watching Old 3.1 and 3.2 Videos...

xOmniCloudx

I didn't even know there was a 3.2 until coming here, just thought 3.1 was the version both Asia and Europe got. So does/did 3.2 get more play than 3.1? Do people think it's superior or inferior to 3.1?

Raansu

I didn't even know there was a 3.2 until coming here, just thought 3.1 was the version both Asia and Europe got. So does/did 3.2 get more play than 3.1? Do people think it's superior or inferior to 3.1?

3.1 is the best version.

xOmniCloudx

3.1 is the best version.
I read around and I heard they changed the movement system just to fix an issue with Hayate's cartwheels. That sounds stupid. But I don't know the game engines well enough to know for sure. Is that the reason people think 3.1 is the best version or was the rebalancing also seen as inferior to 3.1's?

Raansu

I read around and I heard they changed the movement system just to fix an issue with Hayate's cartwheels. That sounds stupid. But I don't know the game engines well enough to know for sure. Is that the reason people think 3.1 is the best version or was the rebalancing also seen as inferior to 3.1's?

They changed a few other things but I don't really remember what they were. I think they messed with the wall tech a little bit as well. I don't know if they messed with the properties of any of the characters move sets or anything major though. Sorwah would probably know more about it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The wall tech was part of the movement system, so it's easier to get off wall pressure in doa3.1 than it is in 3.2.

3.2 is still a viable game and option over 3.1, but europe mainly played the game in tag mode anyways.

xOmniCloudx

Ah I see.

Was thinking about it again and how viable is Tag for any version of DOA3? Seems like it could become a nightmare due to the insane amounts of damage certain teams could create coupled with the stage interaction. Matches could be over lightning fast no problem off of a single launch or huge stun.

Raansu

Was thinking about it again and how viable is Tag for any version of DOA3? Seems like it could become a nightmare due to the insane amounts of damage certain teams could create coupled with the stage interaction. Matches could be over lightning fast no problem off of a single launch or huge stun.

Not really. DoA uses damage revisions that scales the damage to prevent certain situations from doing excessive amounts of damage.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
3.2 nerfed the movement on wall tech and Hayate's cartweel.

the wall tech movement and the cartwheel issue are the same variable. if you adjust the cartwheel's evasiveness then you are adjusting the free step movement and the wall tech evasion as well.

Would have been better to just remove the move entirely and just let him deal with keeping 22_88K

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Truth be told, 3.1 may end up still being the best Doa in the series.

Stikku

Every character (but wong) could do as much viable damage, and it didn't require nerfing half of the cast.
I'm only seeing other characters do a lot of damage from slopes or tags. Bass by himself with that stupid relauncher just keeps the combo going without end, without a slope. its really funny lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm only seeing other characters do a lot of damage from slopes or tags. Bass by himself with that stupid relauncher just keeps the combo going without end, without a slope. its really funny lol

It's in specific corners of the stage, in three different stages. Otherwise it knocks into a wall.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD