"In the name of Mugen Tenshin” Kasumi General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Not sure if this was listed but I saw the TGS event where she gets a launcher after Hoshinpo P now. Here's the match video. She's on at the beginning of the video.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Not sure if this was listed but I saw the TGS event where she gets a launcher after Hoshinpo P now. Here's the match video. She's on at the beginning of the video.
I did list it, that’s Kasumi’s 66PP.P, this new move is only available on hit. I have listed all of her new moves, all of her new moves are basically just a on hit P or K followup after a certain string or move. Kasumi’s new moves are mostly just new follow ups from her existing moves. Her real new moves are BT H+K, 9PP, 6P+K, 6P+KK, 6P+K2K and 64H.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I did list it, that’s Kasumi’s 66PP.P, this new move is only available on hit. I have listed all of her new moves, all of her new moves are basically just a on hit P or K followup after a certain string or move. Kasumi’s new moves are mostly just new follow ups from her existing moves. Her real new moves are BT H+K, 9PP, 6P+K, 6P+KK, 6P+K2K and 64H.
Alright.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Anyone see this?
I did, apparently you can cancel break blows into a stun now although idk if they'll lead to more damage potential or not, I think it's gonna be used more for stages with environmental hazards

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Yeah, I have seen that in a video before, it’s kinda like CB where you get a free launcher after the BBC (that sounds so wrong). In the video I saw before where the BBC occurred Kasumi did some crazy damage so I guess they balanced it out in the current build.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I did, apparently you can cancel break blows into a stun now although idk if they'll lead to more damage potential or not, I think it's gonna be used more for stages with environmental hazards
Looks sick. It seems like it's going to be really useful.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Looks sick. It seems like it's going to be really useful.
I would hope so xD hopefully someone at a next major event will better explain it since I don't see the reason to go for a cancel over a break blow unless the break blow suffered damage scaling which I'm sure it will based on how other games like Tekken and SC6 dramatically downsxaled the damage output once the combo counter has reached a certain hit count

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I would hope so xD hopefully someone at a next major event will better explain it since I don't see the reason to go for a cancel over a break blow unless the break blow suffered damage scaling which I'm sure it will based on how other games like Tekken and SC6 dramatically downsxaled the damage output once the combo counter has reached a certain hit count
They've already changed them. Emperor Cow said that it's a beginner mechanic basically & it doesn't have a high payout whenever you use it. Doesn't do a lot of damage.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They've already changed them. Emperor Cow said that it's a beginner mechanic basically & it doesn't have a high payout whenever you use it. Doesn't do a lot of damage.
You're talking about fatal rushes right? Break blows cost meter to do so I'm guessing that when you do a fatal rush since they're unholdable once it connects, it acts like a pseudo Critical Burst of sorts which guarantees a break blow when you do a break blow from a fatal rush. But if you cancel the break blow, you get an extended combo opportunity since I'm guessing that you can't hold at all until after the break blow cancel is over since you did it out of a fatal rush which your opponent can't hold out of at all unless they have meter for a break hold.

So in that case, that means that if you're in that situation and you do have meter, you're gonna have to sacrifice that meter to escape that set up or else you're gonna suffer monstrous damage which I think is cool. XD

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
You're talking about fatal rushes right? Break blows cost meter to do so I'm guessing that when you do a fatal rush since they're unholdable once it connects, it acts like a pseudo Critical Burst of sorts which guarantees a break blow when you do a break blow from a fatal rush. But if you cancel the break blow, you get an extended combo opportunity since I'm guessing that you can't hold at all until after the break blow cancel is over since you did it out of a fatal rush which your opponent can't hold out of at all unless they have meter for a break hold.

So in that case, that means that if you're in that situation and you do have meter, you're gonna have to sacrifice that meter to escape that set up or else you're gonna suffer monstrous damage which I think is cool. XD
Which is how it SHOULD be. The meter in most fighting games work the same both offensively & defensively. Most games usually increase damage with 1 bar *If the scaling isn't big*. Like Mortal Kombat & Injustice usually has 1 bar combos that do well over 37 to 45% while on defense, it allows for some kind of good defensive strat like a reversal or just a unique move in general. SF games is like 270+ with meter.

Meter will be important in the game. So, it'll be interesting to see how characters both build & use it. I'm hoping that her damage & tools are as respectable as people have been telling me. If she's not going to do as much as the majority of the cast, I'm hoping that she has legitimate ways to use pressure (something that can go to -1, 0 or +1 etc) or some kind of pseudo tech.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Which is how it SHOULD be. The meter in most fighting games work the same both offensively & defensively. Most games usually increase damage with 1 bar *If the scaling isn't big*. Like Mortal Kombat & Injustice usually has 1 bar combos that do well over 37 to 45% while on defense, it allows for some kind of good defensive strat like a reversal or just a unique move in general. SF games is like 270+ with meter.

Meter will be important in the game. So, it'll be interesting to see how characters both build & use it. I'm hoping that her damage & tools are as respectable as people have been telling me. If she's not going to do as much as the majority of the cast, I'm hoping that she has legitimate ways to use pressure (something that can go to -1, 0 or +1 etc) or some kind of pseudo tech.
I hope so too even tho I think for the most part she is stronger now due to CBs being excluded, since that's not a factor anymore I think that's why she's alot stronger. I also don't really mind if she stays unsafe since she isn't really pressure oriented imo, I feel like she's designed to be a more slightly defensive counter character since she's not as threatening until she scores a stun. I would love if her highs were made to be safer tho, although I think moves like her 6P+KK will be safe on block since they can be ducked, but we'll definitely have to see.

I just wish we could see her frame data already tho, that's what I'm really curious about >.>

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I hope so too even tho I think for the most part she is stronger now due to CBs being excluded, since that's not a factor anymore I think that's why she's alot stronger. I also don't really mind if she stays unsafe since she isn't really pressure oriented imo, I feel like she's designed to be a more slightly defensive counter character since she's not as threatening until she scores a stun. I would love if her highs were made to be safer tho, although I think moves like her 6P+KK will be safe on block since they can be ducked, but we'll definitely have to see.

I just wish we could see her frame data already tho, that's what I'm really curious about >.>
She's not defensive. She won't be. Trust me. It just looks that way now because of the way that the game looks. She still has that short range. She still will have to play from close to mid range & she'll have to be on the move. She still has 66P & 66K, but the stages look much wider than previous games besides the boxed in stages like the alley stage & all of the stages that have walls for arenas.

I've yet to see a ceiling stage, too. She shot up the tier list with stages that she had a ceiling with & tons of breakable objects.

Edit: The stages are why I want her damage or pressure advantages to be increased right now.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
She's not defensive. She won't be. Trust me. It just looks that way now because of the way that the game looks. She still has that short range. She still will have to play from close to mid range & she'll have to be on the move. She still has 66P & 66K, but the stages look much wider than previous games besides the boxed in stages like the alley stage & all of the stages that have walls for arenas.

I've yet to see a ceiling stage, too. She shot up the tier list with stages that she had a ceiling with & tons of breakable objects.

Edit: The stages are why I want her damage or pressure advantages to be increased right now.
Oh by defensive I don't mean like Leifang defensive or anything, I mean more like she can't just mash or you can't finish many strings and such with her since she's so unsafe so she has to rely alot on watching her opponent and poking and baiting for a CH so she can get her offense started, but she's still mobile because of her speed and even if she's at a range she can move in with 3P+K and such but I do know long range isn't her preferred range XD Although for me personally I prefer about mid range, enough space for a 4H+K

And I want to say that pirate ship has a ceiling, but no one has really shown her tech with that, although I'm betting it'll still be the go to 4KP set up for sure

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I hope that stun gives enough time for freestep > back hitting 4H+K like she could for CB, it'll be really nice damage wise and for moving towards danger zones
I hope so too but the stun looks shorter than the CB stun, so I’m afraid it might not be possible.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
That sounds dope, but I don’t think so, nor really think it should. She would be doing too much damage with her being the type of character that she is. People would complain about that then would do everything in their power to have her nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD