"In the name of Mugen Tenshin” Kasumi General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Hey guys! With DoA6 coming closer day by day i've decided to make a thread for Kasumi. This Kasumi thread serves as a General discussion and as a gameplay thread. We'll discuss anything related to Kasumi in this thread here. Below i've posted her stunning new design for DoA6 and an overview of her new moves that she has got in 6.
220px-Kasumi_%28Dead_or_Alive%29.png

20180924_104000_thumb.jpg

Here's a list of the new moves Kasumi has gotten according to the TGS build of DoA6.
If you wish to check out Kasumi's entire movelist, click on this link:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=elpIcFREVGFTVlF4dGpEVmpSVnd5Q2U2cHF6RG5R
Note that some of these new moves might be changed in the future since the game is not officially released yet. Without any further ado let's get into it

Just like every other character in DoA6 Kasumi has gotten an S move string. The S stands for special in case people didn't know. This newly introduced button makes fighting easier for beginning players and more complex for experienced players. The S button combo is very unsafe on block and can be grab punished but cannot be held by regular holds. That's why DoA6 also has new hold called the Break Hold. The break hold is a :s:pecial type of hold (heh, get it? special..... It was funnier in my head). This hold can be used against players who spam the S string or can be used as a last resort to hold an opponents attack when you're almost K.O but can still turn the fight around. The Break Hold will take 50% of your meter and will do little to no damage, so you cannot spam the break hold in order to win the fight. We also got a new attack with the :s: button called the Break Blow which is a :s:pecial attack that does a good amount of damage. The Break Blow will take 100% of your meter but can be cancelled (which also takes 100% of your meter ). And last but not least we also got a new sidestep attack with the :s: button, this new sidestep attack will set the opponent flying if hit. Here is a list of the moves the new :s: button has:
:s:
:s::s:
:s::s::s:
:s::s::s::s:
While sidestepping :s:
When Break Gauge is 100% full (Break Blow) :6::s: The Break Blow can be cancelled which results in a CB type of stun.
When Break Gauge is 50% full (Break Hold) :4::s:

here are Kasumi's new strings:
:P::P::7::K: On hit :P:
:P::P::7::K: On hit :K:
:P::K::K::7::K: On hit :P:
:P::K::K::7::K: On hit :K:
:6::6::P::P: On hit :P:
:6::6::P::P: On hit :K:
:9::P::P:
:9::P::K: On hit :P:
:9::P::K: On hit:K:
:K::K::7::K: On hit :P:
:K::K::7::K: On hit :K:
:6::6::K: On hit or block :P:
:7::K: On hit :P:
:7::K: On hit :K:
:6::P::+::K:
:6::P::+::K::K:
:6::P::+::K::2::K:

Back turned (BT) :h::+::K:
BT :h::+::K: On hit :P:
BT :h::+::K: On hit :K:
BT :h::+::K: On hit :P::+::K:
BT :h::+::K: On hit :6_:

(Advanced Mid punch hold) :6::4::h:

Last edited by a moderator:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Do you or anyone have an update on her movelist? It's changed, but I've only seen changes through the latest match videos. Also, thanks for tagging me. I appreciate it man. I didn't get around checking the messages here because I had been busy with other stuff (SC SF etc). Was thinking about making a thread, but you beat me to it. Haha

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I didn't know someone made a general Kasumi DOA6 thread :-D I'll be sure to share any Kasumi general info and stuff I find as time goes on. I also want to make a solid Kasumi beginners guide like I did for Naotora when DOA6 drops like a month or so after the game is released

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It says "General Discussion" meaning that it could just mean that you want to discuss her in general & not just gameplay whereas you discuss how she's going to play here. So I guess it's fine?

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It says "General Discussion" meaning that it could just mean that you want to discuss her in general & not just gameplay whereas you discuss how she's going to play here. So I guess it's fine? Unless you guys are wanting to have an admin or mod merge the threads together. @Matt Ponton, what do you think?
No thank you, I don’t want my thread to be merged with somebody else’s

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It says "General Discussion" meaning that it could just mean that you want to discuss her in general & not just gameplay whereas you discuss how she's going to play here. Like her costume designs etc for general. So I guess it's fine? Unless you guys are wanting to have an admin or mod merge the threads together. @Matt Ponton, what do you think?
Oh I know xD in threads tho There's usually a gameplay thread for core, serious gameplay talk while general is more or so casual talk and such and gameplay is scarce. Idk who made this thread since I only saw your messages(I thought it was yours at first xD) but I think it's safe to have a general and gameplay thread like we did for LR characters, it'll allow alot more simplification for if someone wants to talk tech or costumes and such which I myself enjoy both :p

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
No thank you, I don’t want my thread to be merged with somebody else’s
Oh I know xD in threads tho There's usually a gameplay thread for core, serious gameplay talk while general is more or so casual talk and such and gameplay is scarce. Idk who made this thread since I only saw your messages(I thought it was yours at first xD) but I think it's safe to have a general and gameplay thread like we did for LR characters, it'll allow alot more simplification for if someone wants to talk tech or costumes and such which I myself enjoy both :p
Well alright then, let's stick to this one. :) I usually make a guide too, but this time if I do it, I'll use my blog entry & have some video examples recorded. Allan is supposed to be playing again too. Maybe he'll rejoin the discussion boards.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I've edited the thread. it now serves as a gameplay and general discussion thread, so that we do not need a separate thread for gameplay.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I seen it to where she got new hoshinpo cancels too. Then gave her her 66P from the old DOA games. I'm wondering if they gave her DOA5 version of 66P a new function then.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I seen it to where she got new hoshinpo cancels too. Then gave her her 66P from the old DOA games. I'm wondering if they gave her DOA5 version of 66P a new function then.
When I saw the gameplay I’ve seen her use her 66P of DOA5.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I did too in the EVO builds, but I saw the old one as well in the older ones. So they must’ve retooled her since then besides the other changes.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

pasting what I put into the doa6 gameplay thread:
video of new 7KP, 7KK & 6P+KK
video of PPPKK (4KK) going back to doa5 vanilla launch

4KK going back to the vanilla state makes me super hopeful for less of the virtua fighter-looking 'bound' animations used- so i'm speculating that 66K~K might be a sitdown stun again.... and hopefully that would extend into the new teleport K as well!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
pasting what I put into the doa6 gameplay thread:
video of new 7KP, 7KK & 6P+KK
video of PPPKK (4KK) going back to doa5 vanilla launch

4KK going back to the vanilla state makes me super hopeful for less of the virtua fighter-looking 'bound' animations used- so i'm speculating that 66K~K might be a sitdown stun again.... and hopefully that would extend into the new teleport K as well!
Good looking out! The 6P+KK actually isn't "new". It's her older crush from the other DOA games. It was her original 66P the whiff punisher before DOA5's verison (@Onryoki was right then since 6P+K is the input for it). And 4KK I like as well. This means that she's going to do more damage than she did in LR.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Title updated. There’s already a gameplay thread and it’s fine for them to be separate. We’ll likely kill these at launch anyway in favor of more structured, unified ones. Details on that will be forthcoming.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Guys, still consider this as a kind of gameplay thread since I won’t let childish behavior get the best of me or the purpose of this thread. Gameplay is a part of the general discussion and can be discussed here. I already posted Kasumi’s new moves a while ago which is also a part of the gameplay.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
From Emperor COW.

*KASUMI*
- 9PK.P and 66KP. new follow up causing bound (can be followed up by pp6p6K) also allows juggle extension if done after launcher.
- 66PK hits mid, knocks down or slams into stage shenanigans. nasty. you cant duck anymore to avoid the 66PP lol
(Overall she feels great. I like her a lot more than i did in DOA5. her new strings really help with the whole opponent carrying gameplan I mentioned earlier)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
From Emperor COW.

*KASUMI*
- 9PK.P and 66KP. new follow up causing bound (can be followed up by pp6p6K) also allows juggle extension if done after launcher.
- 66PK hits mid, knocks down or slams into stage shenanigans. nasty. you cant duck anymore to avoid the 66PP lol
(Overall she feels great. I like her a lot more than i did in DOA5. her new strings really help with the whole opponent carrying gameplan I mentioned earlier)
I already posted her new moves above. Still, thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD