Inside Xbox OXM Report for DOA5 on XBL

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Wasn't sure where to put this or if this is credible news, but XBL has a stream for an OXM report on DOA5 with actual gameplay footage. I haven't seen it on OXM's site yet, and don't know if it's up on other streaming sites just yet. I just thought I'd let you guys know if you want to see it NOW.

Update: Uploaded on YouTube by Sector (ScattereDreams).

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
ill say, ayane's counter did indeed do bayman parry style damage. Pretty pathetic damage output, can't really say im disappointed in that.:)

but WTF HOLY QTE

Raansu

WTF did I just watch?! What is this pick and choose stuff?

This has been known for months now. Powerblows allow you to choose which direction you want to send your opponent into. I'm glad to finally get to see how it works, but I still don't like it. Also, wake up kick off wall splats, bleh.

R4712-VR88

This has been known for months now. Powerblows allow you to choose which direction you want to send your opponent into. I'm glad to finally get to see how it works, but I still don't like it. Also, wake up kick off wall splats, bleh.

I didn't know this. Hopefully the window to decide is like one second because I really don't like how it sorta pauses the match. Other then that I like what I'm seeing. I really wish they'd revamp everyones fighting stances.

ScattereDreams

SWEET BUDAH!!!! Now I gotta post here what I posted in the twitter thread

With the stage interaction I feel like i'm getting more bang for my buck. (always wanted to use that >.>). I know in previous DOA games stage interaction has been there and, was a plus to those utilizing it. However, from the previews alone in DOA5 i'm loving the level of depth they're taking it to.

R4712-VR88

I don't know if its really adding that much depth. Granted we're only seeing how one stage works, but it works pretty self-explainatory. Like when Hayabusa had to choose which generator to knock his opponent in, it honestly really didn't matter from what I could tell. Maybe the right one sends them flying to the right side while the left will send them flying left torward the cliff to be knocked off of. Both of Ayane's choices were just one thing to choose, so really the decision isn't needed from the player. Unless these different choices give you different results or options, I find having to choose unnessesary.

Raansu

I don't know if its really adding that much depth. Granted we're only seeing how one stage works, but it works pretty self-explainatory. Like when Hayabusa had to choose which generator to knock his opponent in, it honestly really didn't matter from what I could tell. Maybe the right one sends them flying to the right side while the left will send them flying left torward the cliff to be knocked off of. Both of Ayane's choices were just one thing to choose, so really the decision isn't needed from the player. Unless these different choices give you different results or options, I find having to choose unnessesary.

If one of them had already been destroyed then it could make a major difference between being blow up or just getting a wall splat. The other choices can also be the differences between a wall splat and a cliffhanger. I'd say the choices are good, but I don't like how they handle it with the pause in action.

And to your previous question, TN twitter said you only have a split second to choose a direction, and in the video it seems fairly short.

Berzerk!

Looking good... I like the sleekness of the UI. The direction choices for powerblows seems okay, maybe lingered a little longer than I'd like. I think Raansu has the right idea in terms of tactical use.

The youtube video itself was recorded at such a low volume it was annoying to watch, but at least its accessible. Can't wait to see more.

With regards to what I saw.

Ayane's moveset looks similar to what it already was. Her powerblow looks like it uses the animation of her 236p and as such it should be a high crush. Not really much more to go on.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD