DOA5LR Intro, Win, and Lose Quote Translations

David Gregg

I resisted the urge to impale my head on a spike while watching the GENERIC SPARKLY MOE COW SCHOOLGIRL SALAD arcade playthrough that TK posted to bring you more GENERIC SPARKLY MOE COW SCHOOLGIRL SALAD quotes.

You do not know my pain. T_T

Sorry @werewolfgold but can you suffer just a little longer? XD There's a win quote she has with Raidou. It's probably similar to the translation but still:

http://www.twitch.tv/shacknews/v/3718343

In this vid @ 02:36:00

Kronin

Sorry @werewolfgold but can you suffer just a little longer? XD There's a win quote she has with Raidou. It's probably similar to the translation but still:

http://www.twitch.tv/shacknews/v/3718343

In this vid @ 02:36:00

Actually at that link there are many new intro and outro tag teams lines thanks to the users of the chat that were making their requests to the streamers (I say them again thanks for the disposability!), but sadly to me the video appear unwatchable because super laggy :( Not sure if a problem of Twitch of mine...

werewolfgold

Alright. It's kind of done. There are a couple of quotes involving Honoka that are still missing because...surprise, surprise, I didn't buy her.

I may buy her...eventually...maybe. Basically, if you want to know those lines before "eventually", you'll have to provide me with a vid of her tag intro and outro with Raidou in Japanese...

xDevious

Standard Donor
Nice work on this list, @werewolfgold ! Really helpful for someone who does not speak Japanese, yet only use Japanese voice overs.
That Alpha-152 "quote" gets me every time! XD

Kronin

Alright. It's kind of done. There are a couple of quotes involving Honoka that are still missing because...surprise, surprise, I didn't buy her.

I may buy her...eventually...maybe. Basically, if you want to know those lines before "eventually", you'll have to provide me with a vid of her tag intro and outro with Raidou in Japanese...

Werewolf you can find them in this video, from minute 8:50
http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/...-guide-016-all-unique-tag-intros-outros.8501/

Kronin

That's not in Japanese, silly.

Lol! My bad sorry, XD My pc (or maybe graphic video) is leaving me and if I see videos from You Tube after a while everything crashes, for this reasons I didn't check it.

Sadly so far I'm not able to find a video showing Honoka and Raidou's tag intro and outro in Japanese =(

Lady Tengu

Lol! My bad sorry, XD My pc (or maybe graphic video) is leaving me and if I see videos from You Tube after a while everything crashes, for this reasons I didn't check it.

Sadly so far I'm not able to find a video showing Honoka and Raidou's tag intro and outro in Japanese =(

I made this video if you want to watch it.

werewolfgold

I made this video if you want to watch it.
I feel like there was a tad more to this video than "Honoka Tag Teams". lol
giphy.gif

werewolfgold

Alright, I kind of screwed up, guys.

For Honoka and Marie's tag intro, Honoka asks "to borrow Marie's chest". This is actually an expression used in sumo circles to ask to practice with someone of greater skill than you. I hadn't heard it before really. My bad.

So, the English line isn't really a completely different line. But the double entendre due to boob size is lost in translation. I regret the error.

Kronin

For Honoka and Marie's tag intro, Honoka asks "to borrow Marie's chest". This is actually an expression used in sumo circles to ask to practice with someone of greater skill than you. I hadn't heard it before really. My bad.

So, the English line isn't really a completely different line. But the double entendre due to boob size is lost in translation. I regret the error.

Thanks so much for the clarification. A double meaning through a pun is more in line with the classic Japanese comedy (even if this time is not a matter of words with same phonetics but different kanji) and make more coherent the line of Honoka because seemed strange that she could say something similar from nowhere. Marie Rose anyway end to think to the literal interpretation and for this reason instictively reacts annoyed XD

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Thanks so much for the clarification. A double meaning through a pun is more in line with the classic Japanese comedy (even if this time is not a matter of words with same phonetics but different kanji) and make more coherent the line of Honoka because seemed strange that she could say something similar from nowhere. Marie Rose anyway end to think to the literal interpretation and for this reason instictively reacts annoyed XD
Lol, honestly, I like the mistaken meaning better. It would definitely make a lot more sense, plus, a little humor is always good.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

Pretty sure it's still within the same context, it's just that there is obviously a double meaning and innuendo involved. Still, it's interesting to know this.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD