DOA5LR Intro, Win, and Lose Quote Translations

Brute

Standard Donor
Not to pester you after all your hard work, but if you ever get around to Ein/Lisa's tag intro, let me know.

Because that shit makes no sense whatsoever in English.

werewolfgold

Not to pester you after all your hard work, but if you ever get around to Ein/Lisa's tag intro, let me know.

Because that shit makes no sense whatsoever in English.
...Is that not already posted? Lisa says "It's up to me to stop you" and Ein says "No one can stop me" right? It's not going to make anymore sense, unfortunately.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I'm surprised. A lot of quotes sound better when they are translated correctly.
Kasumi for example: From a simple "I'm ready" to "I have steeled my resolve"

werewolfgold

I doubt there'd be too much they could've done with that. Maybe "Remember the name Hayate." would be less "Huh?" But, that'd be turning it into something that he didn't actually say. Not that they didn't do that for a couple of other lines *cough* Brad *cough*, but I would think that they'd want to keep that type of stuff to a minimum. And just the length of Brad's win quote probably kept it from being salvageable in any understandable form.

Aven Kujo-Gin

They probably wanted to avoid being overly cheesy and went with something more natural.
Sound natural is a good thing. But natural doesn't have to be tied with boring.
Maybe "Remember the name Hayate." would be less "Huh?" But, that'd be turning it into something that he didn't actually say.
There's no much difference between one and another, besides mistranslation can make a quote sounds better than actually is. The problem is, we are facing the opposite here.
And yet "I am Hayate!" is still a thing.
Only one new quote in ultimate, and it have to be this... Lame.

Last edited:

Kronin

I doubt there'd be too much they could've done with that. Maybe "Remember the name Hayate." would be less "Huh?" But, that'd be turning it into something that he didn't actually say. Not that they didn't do that for a couple of other lines *cough* Brad *cough*, but I would think that they'd want to keep that type of stuff to a minimum. And just the length of Brad's win quote probably kept it from being salvageable in any understandable form.

Werewolfgold I suspect that the line of the new Brad Wong victory scene from Ultimate wasn't something made on purpose, there is no way that they would have used the translation of another line for a quote that mean something completely different, at the most they would have created an unrelated translation of the line (dub and sub) but from scratch. It's just more likely that the English dub of the line was missed or never recorded for a misunderstanding and in the end it was decided to reuse another dub quote and consequently the same English subtitle (that are created based on the English dub and not as an indipendent translation from the Japanese text/audio).

UpSideDownGRUNT

I don't even know why they chose Ein's DOA2 ending line as a win quote lol it is very weird, literally anything from DOA3/4 would have been better and easier.

The DOA5 Alpha demo has Yuri muttering the words "This is Mugen Tenshin!" so that would be an obvious choice to me

Kronin

I don't even know why they chose Ein's DOA2 ending line as a win quote lol it is very weird, literally anything from DOA3/4 would have been better and easier.

Hayate like acts sure of himself (not arrogant): he seems proud of both his clan and personal appellative 'Shinobi of the wind'

Him declaring his name/persona after to defeat the opponent is just in character, imo

The DOA5 Alpha demo has Yuri muttering the words "This is Mugen Tenshin!" so that would be an obvious choice to me

It's right but this line is too much abused in the series: Kasumi, Ayane and now even Phase already pronounced it along the games, with variations both in single and tag quotes

Having to find a substitute I would have used rather some wise metaphorical line in Japanese style (like his old quote about the wind's tears - very likely mistranslated btw)

werewolfgold

I added what I know of Naotora to the original post. As I didn't buy her, if anyone has any videos or anything that can fill in the blanks, please let me know. Preferably with subtitles turned on going either way.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

I added what I know of Naotora to the original post. As I didn't buy her, if anyone has any videos or anything that can fill in the blanks, please let me know. Preferably with subtitles turned on going either way.
Here's the missing quotes/poses :
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Core Fighters.png
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Core Fighters (2).png
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Core Fighters (3).png
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Core Fighters (4).png

werewolfgold

Thanks, bro.

Everything should be all set. You all be sure to let me know if you see something off.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD