DOA5U Izuna Drop Tutorial

Brute

Standard Donor
It's been requested countless times by now, so I finally got around to making this. Quick work, but it gets the job done.

Audio glitches a bit. Something with the recording software I haven't quite worked out. Sorry about that.
I also spoke a bit fast to keep the video under 10 minutes so it could be uploaded to Youtube. So ignore my little slip-ups and the like.

@JETMICHAEL @Puño de Leyenda @VAND1TA @vanzboy7

Last edited:
I've been having no end of grief with anything involving an izuna since switching to an arcade stick, this will be a lifesaver.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Good tutorial Brute. I'm sure people wanting to learn the art of izuna will find it helpful.

One thing also worth mentioning is that you can perform Shoho-izuna from ongyoin stance by pressing :P+K:, :P:,:P:, :6842::F:. It requires less inputs (omits the :236:) and does 1 more damage than the standalone version. Typically, you'll use this variation after landing a CB as it allows you to directly transition into stance.

In terms of execution, I advocate using whatever works best for you. Once you find a motion that is comfortable and gives you consistent results, it's just a matter of timing. For the timing, you can just refer to the on-screen combo indicators for when to press throw/hold. Just like regular combos, it's more or less repetition until it becomes muscle memory. Use training mode to get the execution down and get a feel for the timing. Apply it in real matches to develop your reactions until you can perform it without conscious effort. That's pretty much it.

Lulu

Tutorials are great and all, but aside from the shoho you can literally just rotate the D-Pad/Analog Stick and press T/H when combo throw/hold comes up to do Izunas.

Yep !
I do a similar thing with all the complex combo holds..... I don't know why Team Ninja made the input window so short, its not like you can break the Izuna.

Tenro

i know this too late to mention this now but if someone wants to learn the izunas to time them precisely rather than the makeshift method , i can share some of my experience with you guys .

1. IZUNA OTOSHI (:426: :F: :5::268::F::5::4862::F:):- nothing special to mention about this one . both the offline and the online method are the same as described in the above mentioned tutorial .

2. ONGYOIN THROW (:F::5::426::F::5::4862::F: ) :- ppl may say , " it's izuna tutorial dumbass ", but trust me , if you can do this throw properly , it'll actually help you in your advanced holds later on in the air teleportation part . most veteran ryu players must already know but never mentioned this (to my knowledge ) when you actually input the single :F: in the first phase of the throw you , just have to slide the :426::F: buffer along with the first neutral :F: . the window is big enough so first just start with the :F: :5::426::F: part . once you master it , just do a quick flick of :6842: :F:or :4862::F: (direction doesn't matter in this part too much ) and your good with your legit ong mixup for hold masters lol .

3 . IZUNA HOLDS :- the buffer window for all these throws is already mentioned in video tutorial so im just gonna go over on the air teleportation part that i mentioned with ong . throw . well there's nothing too big of a secret in this one . just think of it this way ; as you were buffer :426::F: in your throw attempt you just buffer :268::h: or :248::h: in this case (think of :426: shifted it's position to either :268: or :248: . just slide your fingers on the D pad you'll get what i am saying. if your on the right side of the screen the buffer input will be :268: and similarly for left side it will be :248: . after that simply flick :6842:or :4862: plus :h: in any direction . (circular commands in either direction are accepted by the CPU as correct )

for these as well first try to master the first input plus the :268::h: or :248::h: part . even if you master this 2 part alone , you'll be doing the damage of a typical followup juggle easily so don't get stressed out with these . learn them at your pace because hayabusa already has superb hold damage so don't worry about doing low hold damage . get your basics solid first .

Tenro

alright , now for the shoho izuna . let me tell you before hand the reason as to why hayabusa shoho izuna is the most essential one (only one u actually need imo ) , it makes his post CB juggle into a true universal juggle which works on every character and at almost every terrain ( excluding the falls in lost world ) i personally don't know of any other character that has this privilege . same goes for his power launcher combo . so if you're trying to use hayabusa without this tool , you'll giving up quite a bit of damage . so it is recomended for those trying to main ryu to learn this move .

im writing both the offline and the online timing methods that i personally use . hopefully you'll get some idea of how to determine the exact throw input window because the precise method rarely ever fails you . i ll be using the regular :236::P+K::P::P::4862::F: as the example .

1 offline method :- here when inputting the :236::P+K: , you'll need to buffer:P::P: along with it while rotating the LS in any direction as mentioned in the vid . buffer window will be large . now the real part comes when ryu makes his :P::P: sounds . it'll be like "si si " if you hear it properly . so , when playing offline you'll want to hit the :F: button at the 2nd "si sound " or during the 2nd :P: .

you can also take take the help of the " combo display " that is displayed at the side you're starting the match from . for example im standing on the right side and i buffer :236::P+K::P::P: while rotating the LS . now the float time is large enough so that you can actually see the combo counting " 2HIT COMBO , 3HIT COMBO " like that . so you'll want to try to time the :F: at the " 3HIT COMBO " display . don't worry , that HUD always appear regardless which mode you're playing in . and you would have already buffered the :236::P+K::P::P: no worries there as well .

2 online method :- the only difference in this one is that you'll want to time your :F: on the first :P: of :236::P+K::P::P: instead of the second one due to the latency in input of commands online

i also struggled quite a bit learning the move so im trying to share my learning experience with you guys exactly as i do the move . i hope this helps .

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD