[Jan 17, 2015] Winter Session (organization of RoF) (Paris)

Gehaktbal

Replays are UP!

Poule matches Part 1:
Tijger vs Bress
Ivan vs Elena Bathory
Vish vs Albritz

Poule matches Part 2:
Gehaktbal vs Brams
Coolcatn1kk1 vs Ivan
Brams vs Croute Chef
John Sanders vs Hurricane Rev
Pictured Mind vs Alucardo

Top 3:
Ky Dragon vs JayceeChris
Gehaktbal vs JayceeChris
Gehaktbal vs Ky Dragon

DoA5:U Results:

1. Gehaktbal:zack::genfu:
2. Ky Dragon:jannlee::tina::christie::hitomi:
3. JayceeChris:ein:
4. DILDO JAIMY:rig::momiji::jacky:
5. Elena Bathory:helena::nyotengu:
5. Hurricane Rev:mila:
7. Tijger:alpha152:
7. Ivanov:christie:
9. Tulkas:bradwong:
9. Croute Chef:zack::eliot:
9. Brams:lisa:
9. Ivan:hitomi:
13. Alucardo:tina::phase4:
13. Terikku:kasumi:
13. Sanays Dragon:christie:
13. Bress:jannlee:
17. Pictured Mind:helena::rachel:
17. BloodCurse62:kokoro::bayman:
17. Vish:tina:
17. Kai-wen:hayate:
21. Coolcatn1kk1:marierose::momiji:
21. Snow:rachel:
21. Hajin:hayabusa:
21. Dojo Furinkazan:rig:
25. John-Sunders:leifang:
25. GFT Elessar:hayate:
25. Vinkey:zack:
25. Angel:ayane:
29. Albritz:marierose:
29. Biohazard62200:hayate:

31. Avatar13 [no show]

Challonge Brackets: http://ws2015.challonge.com/DOA5U

Last edited:

Gehaktbal

My personal story:

Woke up at 3:00 am.
Left home at 4:00 am with @Tijger and @Pictured Mind .
Meet up with DILDO JAIMY and Coolcatn1kk1 and there parents at 5:00.

Drive with 2 cars to Paris.

Arrive at the location of the event at 9:30, i thought: Yes we are not late!
It took us 1 hour to find a parking spot! Not funny!
So at 10:30 we arrived at the event.

It was nice to meet everyone again, the french but also the players that came from other countries, @ULTIMa Ivanov , Bress, @Tulkas and @Hurricane Rev .

It was funny to meet John-Sunders, he is my fan!? LOL

So i had a goal, winning this event with Gen Fu. Testing how good my Gen Fu would be. And i really thought my Gen Fu was my best character at the moment... But it doesnt seemed to be like that:

So my poule:
First match vs Hurricane Rev, the dedicated Mila player. It was a good match, i had no time to warm-up, so i guess that would have been the reason why i fucked up my juggles and 33p 33p dash 16p.

Next match vs Croute Chef,
I thought: why the hell do i have to play the hardest 2 of my poule first. Again in this match i fucked up a few things with Gen Fu. But i was able to get the win. GG fellow Zack player

Next Dojo,
I did won 2-0 but you gave me a "Great", you did everything right and made the right choices. I really wanna see you continue training and who knows what the future will bring you.

Next on Livestream vs Brams:
We played a lot offline in the offline session at Zikta's house. I was exited to play against you. I really had fun in this match bro. Keep up the good work with Lisa!

Next Albritz:
I saw your performance vs Vish, you made a good impression with your Marie Rose. I personally think Marie rose is mid-low tier. So the lower tier i think your character is, the better i think you are playing with such a character. Ggs

Next John-Sunders, my fan!?
Ky Dragon introduced me to you, and said you where my fan. I was happely supprised LOL
You where the only lei-fang player, respect!
Ggs to you and we had a funny conversation, even though you find it hard to speak english. Keep it up!

Last match in my poule vs @Vish :
I still remembet our RoF3 match in the pools, you took a set with your crazy Tina. That day at RoF3 you showed me that i hate to play vs Tina the most (even more than playing vs Helena). You made it hard for me again at this tournament. Good stuff my friend!

So i continue as 1st of my poule.
Tijger also continue as 1st of her poule, she was really happy with that.

I thought:
First match in Top16 will be an easy one since i have to face a nr4 of a different poule... But! I had to face @JayceeChris ! How the hell did you get 4th of your poule?

Match vs JayceeChris:
I know his play style, i know his Ein. But HOLY Crap! You played sooooo good. My Gen Fu got OWNED. I was in doubt of switching to a different character after you made it 1-0 for you. But i wanted to make sure if my Gen Fu could do it or not. So i sticked to Gen Fu and got owned again...
First time since doa5vanilla that i lost a tournament match vs an European. Respect and good stuff man!

So i lost my first match in Top16, going to LosersBracket.

I had to face @Alucardo who played with Tina. After losing from Jaycee i decided to go with Zack for the rest of the tournament. I was still in a pumped up mood of the loss vs Jaycee so i may have played a little bit rude vs Alucardo. Im sorry my friend. Ggs and i will see you next time!

Next vs @Ivan :
Im so dedicated to win this tournament via Losers with Zack. And because it was still only FT2 i had to play my best, no trolling. So i did. Ggs my friend as always.

Next Ivanov:
Oh oh.. Christie. The character who eliminated me at TFC. But i was ready for Christie. I knew what to do against the sidestepping. Thanks for coming Ivanov. Ggs!

Next Hurricane Rev again:
I knew you wanted to place high in this event, and you did place high! I knew your Mila a little bit better thanks to the poule. Good stuff Rev, thanks for coming!

Next DILDO JAIMY:
I am really proud of you doing this good in this event! I am sorry to meet you in this stage of the tournament, because we both dreamed about a grand final against eachother Your Rig i clearly your best choice vs me. Keep up the training and may the future bring an GranfFinal for us both?

LosersFinal vs JayceeChris:
I have to get my revenge with Zack now!
Playing with sound is what i prefer, and this match was with sound Good stuff placing 3rd. I told you you would come far! Now you asked for some advise. As i keep telling you to change character, i are loyal to Ein. So here is some other advise and i hope to see this in the next event:

Slowescape: Ky Dragon got a free critical burst after Jann Lee's H+K way to often! If you would have slowescaped, who knows what would have happened in the Winners Finals.

Fuzzy Guard: Try to fuzzy guard after save moves if you are planning to stay on block, this way they cannot grab you.

Now the Grand Final vs Ky Dragon:
So again the GF vs Ky Dragon, but now i am from Losers and Ky is from Winners.
Your Jann Lee was really good, the character change to Tina was a really good choice. I really hate her XD changing to Christie and Hitomi was interesting, but i was not scared of these characters. Ggs and congrats with 2th place! Je suis dans votre tete!

Thank you DeadPool and the whole staff.
I had a blast at this last DoA5:U Tournament!
The prize looks amazing!

Last edited:

Hurricane Rev

I know I'm a bit late on doing this but Good Games to everyone who I played against on the day and the overall experience was great. It has been worth coming down to

It was awesome to see other European players at the event and the players who I met were very friendly. It was good to play against them and I'm happy with my 5th place for my first ever DOA International tournament but Next Time, I will try to go all the way!

There were some stuffs that I wasn't happy about at the event and I hope the organisers can fix some of the issues at the next one!

Shout Outs:

@Gehaktbal - It was great seeing you again man and Congrats on winning the tournament. I didn't get to say bye to you properly but I hope to see you again soon

@JayceeChris - It was good to meet you for the first time and Good Games to you in our tournament match. You've got a really good Ein and I hope to play you more over PSN when DOA5LR comes out

@Ivan - It was good to meet you at the event and you've got a very nice Hitomi and I enjoyed the games that we both had.

@dojo furinkazan - It was great to meet you over there and GGs to you in our tournament match. You deserved to win seeing how I dropped my combo at the end :(. I will learn from my mistakes and hopefully, that shouldn't happen next time lool

@Tulkas - The weekend has been great and I had a great time. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been at this event lool. Thanks a lot for everything and I hope we can plan it out properly next time haha

@ULTIMa Ivanov - It was super great to see you at the event man and I had a great time hanging around with you, especially when we were going back to the UK together lool. We need to play each other more offline and I will sort that out ;)

I know there were loads more that I missed out and sorry if I did but I had a great time at the event and I hope to go back to france very soon.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
GGS everybody :)
i just see this topic on winter session, i post on critical stun(french website where my name is dojo furinkazan) but not yet on FSD.
it was my second tournament and im very happy to meet all fighters, i m just disapointed because we cant hear the sound :( im little stressed on this tournament, lot of people, and noise

for this tournament i have train more than the stun academy so i know all my combos, strategy and i learn again some thing about the "rig gameplay"
i win 3 versus (albritz - john sunders - hurrican rev) and i lose 4 versus (gehaktbal - brahim - vish - croute chef)
@Gehaktbal congratulation for your win ;) in your pocket again lol great fight and good choice to change gen fu - zack, more funny too :)

@Hurricane Rev nice fight !! your mila is very good but as i say on critical stun, i win in pools because you drop your combo at the end and you dont erase yoour automatism (2h+kforce tech --2h+k) its very close match and honestly i dont think i can win against you but after the 1 match i see you do often the 7K in stun when i do a "automatic hold" so i think ; ok no automatic hold now ! i hope see you again :)

@Tulkas im happy to fight you, very hard to play brad wong you are brave ! im happy to see your rig in action :) next time i dont take bayman and i choice rig against your rig ;)

thanks for all fighters, every fight teach lot of things !
see you at the next tournament

here some photos of the tournament, enjoy :
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.883534388353504.1073741831.496614987045448&type=3

Gehaktbal

I like to add that only 5 characters where not used in this tournament:
:leon::bass::sarah::pai::akira:

Next to that, these charcaters where used in past European tournaments!
:bass:RajRuss (all tournaments he entered)
:leon:Gehaktbal (RoF2)
:sarah:Shoraku (RoF3)
:pai:Timasty (Stun Academy 2)
:akira:Rodryu (Stun Fest 2013)

This means Europe tournaments covers ALL characters.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The edit registered, but now I'm trying to get it on the top of the home page.

EDIT: Alright, everything looks good. Now time to watch these.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD