[Jan 23, 2015] TwinGalaxiesLive DOA5U Tournament in SoCal (Los Angeles CA)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
TwinGalaxiesLive's Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate in Southern California

Link to TwinGalaxies stream;
http://www.twitch.tv/twingalaxieslive

Date:

- Friday, January 23rd, 2015

Time:

- Tournament begins at 7pm PST

- Registration is free, email Jennifer at this email to register online: JEN@HDFILMS.COM
- Registration ends the day of the tournament at 5pm

IMPORTANT NOTE:
To everyone that intends on going to this tournament this Saturday, please email Jennifer letting her know that you are registering for the tournament. She needs to know of which players are attending the event before the actual tournament day. This is not a walk-in tournament, you will NOT be let into the tournament. You MUST pre-register in order to participate.

Just email her the following information;

- Your name
- Your gamertag or PSN ID
- Your game handle, if you would prefer to register using a different name other than your gamertag or ID.

Let's get everything done in an orderly fashion so we are well prepared and nothing is slowing the tournament down. Thank you.

Address:
Victoria Studios/Jace Hall Celebrity Arcade
10911 Riverside Drive, Suite 100
North Hollywood, CA 91602

Between Lankershim and Vineland, right next to the McDonalds. Please park on the street or in one of the “Victory Studios/HD Films” or “Guest” spaces in the lot. Do not park in the Blu Focus spots; you’ll be towed! Enter via the door at the bottom of the stairs in the parking lot. Ring the bell, and we’ll come get you!

Console:
- Players choice (360 or PS3, players decide which console they prefer for this event).
- You are definitely allowed to bring in your own controller/arcade stick.
- The tournament will be capped at 8-10 (possibly 12).

Tournament Rules:
- 3/5 Rounds.
- Best 2 out of 3 Matches.
- Best 3 out of 5 Matches in Grand Finals.
- Double Elimination.
- Normal Life Setting.
- 60 Second Time Limit.
- Dangerzones are on.
- Random Stage Select
- Winner Lock, Winner must keep the same character. Loser may change characters.
- Random Character Select is allowed, but if the winner wins with that character, they must use that character in the second match.
- Blind pick is allowed.

The tournament has no entrance fee, it is a free tournament.

TwinGalaxiesLive (or 1337LoungeLive for those familiar with this awesome bunch) is a very popular live stream at Twitch.tv for video games, celebrity and gaming interviews. The folks over at 1337LoungeLive (aka TwinGalaxies) are happy to have had players come out to represent DOA at their first and second tournaments. As well as their FGC Live nights. And are showing us love by letting us come out to hang out with them and represent DOA once again.

If anyone in the SoCal or NorCal area are interested in playing and hanging out, you should definitely try to attend. This is another nice opportunity for DOA to get more exposure in California and display your skills and meet other players.

There will be casuals taking place live on stream if players attend at 5:30pm being the earliest before the tournament begins. There will also be casuals after the tournament on any DOA game. So there will definitely be time to hang out and chill before AND after the tournament.

Tournament cap is small due to space at the venue. But it's at least a nice little way to kick off DOA5U before Last Round releases in February. Also, I hope no one is camera shy because there are tons of cameras in the game room for stream, lol. :cool:

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Jennifer is usually really busy with other things but I'll know whose in or not as I keep in contact with her about the event.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Got some news folks, tournament will not be happening on the 16th of January. TwinGalaxies is supposed to have a big celebrity client come in that night. So we will have to choose a different date. I would have chosen it myself but I'd like to see what works better for those interested in attending.

We can choose one of two days;

January 9th (this is actually the same day as KIT15, which is kind of awkward for those attending that event if they planned on coming to this too)

January 23rd

I want you guys to give your thoughts here so we can see what works best, at least before next Friday so everyone can plan ahead.

@CrayCraySteady @Commmanda Panda @BLAZE @x Sypher x @NukNuks @ThatOneAznJosh @Vincent Rayne @Raoh

ModusPwnins

23rd is fine with me, I doubt I can make it in time for the tournament however since it's a Friday and I'd be coming straight from work, which is like 2 hours away.

Argentus

lol, i'd love to come, but beyond money and time issues, Hajin showed me it would be a wasted effort on my part. Ah well.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You completely tore me apart :( I'm not about to go to a tournament of people that good lol. Need more practice first. I MUST learn how to read and deal with your tactics.

That's an exact reason to attend tournaments, man. For experience, it's how everyone learns, and those who use what they learn hopefully go out again stronger than the first time. You can't learn anything by not playing players that are better than you, this is a general fact.

I am not who I am with my character or an improved play level without that experience.

Argentus

That's an exact reason to attend tournaments, man. For experience, it's how everyone learns, and those who use what they learn hopefully go out again stronger than the first time. You can't learn anything by not playing players that are better than you, this is a general fact.

I am not who I am with my character or an improved play level without that experience.
yes but I don't wanna spend a hundred dollars in gas and several hours of driving just to put the controller down when I see I can't do anything lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD