Jann Lee infinite loop

WAZAAAAA

This is an extension of my "Infinite" backturned loop exploit thread, for DOA5.

What's so special about Jann Lee's 8K? It causes the enemy to start a very specific stun animation which leaves the opponent BT. The DOA series used to have a tons of these, but they have removed them en masse sometime in DOA5U, except for that one animation. Some of the characters who can also do it:
Bayman 8K
Gen Fu 9K
Hayate H+K
Hitomi PPK
Kokoro H+K

Tips for execution:
- better start the combo from closed stance. Open stance makes it much more unreliable and harder to land;
- don't HOLD forward the second time you input a forward dash, just TAP it, the dash alone covers enough distance. Holding it too long may result in your character to run which means switching stance from closed to open, and you don't want this to happen;
- the first punch on P2P must be landed outside of the actual combo counter. That's because in DOA characters don't transition instantly from BT to FT so they're vulnerable during that time.

This is NOT a guaranteed infinite, there are several ways to avoid it:
- crouching
- stagger escaping
- holding on multiple occasions
- getting wall splat

But it's kind of unorthodox, so it may catch lazy opponents who don't Stagger Escape by surprise for a few loops. At least now JL's 8K became slightly less useless lol. Other characters who can inflict the same stun animation may have a better loop than JL does. Only JL was tested because I'm familiar with him. Maybe some other character who can replace all high strikes with medium/low ones that do not wall splat can at least remove half of the ways to escape it, feel free to experiment with your own characters and post the results here.

The dummy is Rachel because if a combo works on her, it will most likely work against the rest of the cast too.

TL;DR
8K > forward dash > P2P > repeat = (escapable) infinite for Jann Lee

Last edited:

Chapstick

Sorry m8, Kokoro and Hayate's H+K do the same stun, Hitomi's PPK as well, and that's only off the top of my head.

This is still fairly good though, for trolling purposes, that is, lolololol.
I had to reread it a few times myself but I think he meant this is the only stun type that turns the opponent BT (it's not since limbo stuns do as well), not that Jann is the only character that has it

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I came here as fast I could the moment I read "Infinite", I signed in like a madman clicking that sign in button like "Fuck hurry up yo, oh fuck yes". I actually ignored 40 something alerts because I've been waiting for so long to abuse an infinite and I said to myself "YES finally, even better with Jann Lee because you can just come up ways to troll and making someone's life miserable". it's like finding a unicorn in DOA because I was praying and praying for the day another infinite come into play. Like shit, I'd sell my cat for another infinite for a full damn year.

Then I was reading the post and was like damn. Still, this is still good if they don't stagger or don't do anything. Good stuff @WAZAAAAA , but yo..if you guys find anything for infinite, Anything @WAZAAAAA @Darkslay . Tag me right away because I enjoy that shit like some sort of drug.

DB awaiting for infinite outtttttt yo.

WAZAAAAA

@Darkslay yeah I've mentioned Gen Fu 9K in the same paragraph lolz. I said that JL is one of the characters that INFLICTS that pretty unique stun.

@Chapstick limbo stuns actually leave the opponent down though huehue

@DestructionBomb I have written the most click-bait thread title I could possibly ever think of. BuzzFeed has taught me well

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I am so glad this...thing can be stagger escaped. I was never a fan of inescapable infinites, but from what I've read this seems like one in essence you'd do against someone who doesn't actually know how to escape it, or better yet fight you from a distance that it can't be initiated.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If only an infinite could be found for a character I use XD. I haven't been that lucky yet

Chapstick

AnnoyingBecky is now AnnoyingBanned. You can still talk to Becky using his regular profile, @Dark-truth.
I could tell from the start it was a second account and was thinking of asking you who it was lol. The writing patterns looked familiar to Dark's, but I thought "nah." Always go with your gut I guess

Darkslay

I think the OP should be edited a little bit.
It inflicts the only stun animation in the entire game (that I know of) which leaves the opponent BT in DOA5LR.
Other characters such as Gen Fu with 9K also have it.
These two statements polarize each other too hard, that's why some were confused.

Kokoro and Hayate's H+K DO leave the opponent in BT. Actually, i just remembered something, Bayman's 8K, more importantly, Bayman's P6PK. He can do the ''infinite'' a lot easier, 8K once, P6PK to your heart's content, lolololol. You may wanna look at this one, @WAZAAAAA @DestructionBomb.

Crazy_Chin_Guy

Premium Donor
Moderators have the ability to see other accounts that share the same location.
Admins have the ability to see newly created accounts that come from the same location as an existing account.
Holy shit it's like the fuckin Matrix.

WAZAAAAA

I think the OP should be edited a little bit.

These two statements polarize each other too hard, that's why some were confused.

Kokoro and Hayate's H+K DO leave the opponent in BT. Actually, i just remembered something, Bayman's 8K, more importantly, Bayman's P6PK. He can do the ''infinite'' a lot easier, 8K once, P6PK to your heart's content, lolololol. You may wanna look at this one, @WAZAAAAA @DestructionBomb.
Sorry, I'll try to rephrase the first post a little bit, I accidentally the whole English language.

What I tried to say is that:
Bayman 8K
Gen Fu 9K
Hayate H+K
Hitomi PPK
Jann Lee 8K
Kokoro H+K
...all cause the enemy to start a SPECIFIC animation on hit from the front: animation number 8993 and 8994 depending on open/closed stance (the numbers are taken from the game's internal memory address).

Jann Lee happens to be the protagonist of both my tests and this thread because he's mah boi.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD