Jann Lee Tech

Gurimmjaw

I was messing around with some Jann Lee wall stuff and found something very interesting with his 6t. Not the one where you go into Dragon Stance but when the opponent falls down. The interesting thing about this is you can freestep and get a backturned hit. I have done a lot of testing with this and had opponent guard all so this here works and very useful.

@Darkslay
@RyuJin
@DroWin_MaN
@eks2009
@samuraihachi
@KING JAIMY
@whiterobes
@BRE5S

Darkslay

I was messing around with some Jann Lee wall stuff and found something very interesting with his 6t. Not the one where you go into Dragon Stance but when the opponent falls down. The interesting thing about this is you can freestep and get a backturned hit. I have done a lot of testing with this and had opponent guard all so this here works and very useful.

@Darkslay
@RyuJin
@DroWin_MaN
@eks2009
@samuraihachi
@KING JAIMY
@whiterobes
@BRE5S
Jesus Christ Almighty this is fucking sick! How did i not think of this?!

I can confirm you cannot block (it takes at least 5 frames to turn back from a BT possition), you cannot hold (same as blocking), you cannot hit a button (you get CH). Meaning moves that cause a BT stun like 6K are 100% guaranteed, WOW!

The only issue is when people hold out of 6T, i find you can still react to the hold and A) Throw again or B) Wallsplat if possible, this still doesn't affect the setups though, you're getting something guaranteed EVERY time.

This also means other characters with similar wall options can use this tech as well, but Jann Lee's wall game was already godlike, this just takes it beyond that. It's confirmed, JL is top tier at the wall.

This is awesome Gurimm, respect to you my man, top notch discovery here, these dudes need to see this as well.
@ZakkuRye
@Kberry14

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

I can confirm you cannot block (it takes at least 5 frames to turn back from a BT possition), you cannot hold (same as blocking), you cannot hit a button (you get CH). Meaning moves that cause a BT stun like 6K are 100% guaranteed, WOW!

The only issue is when people hold out of 6T, i find you can still react to the hold and A) Throw again or B) Wallsplat if possible, this still doesn't the setups though, you're getting something guaranteed EVERY time.

This also means other characters with similar wall options can use this tech as well, but Jann Lee's wall game was already godlike, this just takes it beyond that. It's confirmed, JL is top tier at the wall.

This is awesome Gurimm, respect to you my man, top notch discovery here, these dudes need to see this as well.
@ZakkuRye
@Kberry14

Yeah man, I have found that you can't block the incoming attacks or hold so you get a GUARANTEE HIT and Jann Lee has lots of stuff for BT. His wall game is completely insane now. King of Walls? More like God of Walls lol. So pretty much this what happens you do 6t at wall and they keep holding and you do 6t again and again, but then they hold or do nothing and fall to the ground, what do you do? You do this stuff to freestep and get behind them for guaranteed hits lol. This is crazy man, was just messing around with it today and didn't know this works well more time put into it and it a success and didn't think there would be some more stuff to be discovered. Gen Fu level tech right here lol.

Keep in mind Jann Lee's 6t gives +38 advantage so gives him plenty of time to get his bt stuff in on them. I tried testing with leon and Christie, but the opponent recovers way quicker than Jann Lee's 6t.

Yeah definitely man, let anyone know and possibly make a video as well for it. Would be great if this could get front paged lol.

Darkslay

Yeah man, I have found that you can't block the incoming attacks or hold so you get a GUARANTEE HIT and Jann Lee has lots of stuff for BT. His wall game is completely insane now. King of Walls? More like God of Walls lol. So pretty much this what happens you do 6t at wall and they keep holding and you do 6t again and again, but then they hold or do nothing and fall to the ground, what do you do? You do this stuff to freestep and get behind them for guaranteed hits lol. This is crazy man, was just messing around with it today and didn't know this works well more time put into it and it a success and didn't think there would be some more stuff to be discovered. Gen Fu level tech right here lol.

Keep in mind Jann Lee's 6t gives +38 advantage so gives him plenty of time to get his bt stuff in on them. I tried testing with leon and Christie, but the opponent recovers way quicker than Jann Lee's 6t.

Yeah definitely man, let anyone know and possibly make a video as well for it. Would be great if this could get front paged lol.
Yeah exactly, what's crazy is that with this tech 6T becomes a 4H+K basically, the opponent HAS to choose what they want to get hit with, a HiC throw or a BT setup, lolololol.

Yep, from my testing i found neither Bayman, Bass, Lei Fang and Honoka can do it, this is too good, lol.

I will bro. And unfortunately i don't think i can make a video right now, i'll swing by the arcade and see if i can record something when i get the chance. I'd say we also wait a little bit before many people get their eyes on this tech, see if more people come up with stuff.

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor

@Darkslay
@RyuJin
@DroWin_MaN
@eks2009
@samuraihachi
@KING JAIMY
@whiterobes
@BRE5S
Holy shit! That is some sick tech you found Gurimm.
FB_IMG_1444690500217.jpg

Darkslay

interesting discovery. Sometimes ago i noticed that kokoro has a BT wall hit. (it just an extract from a match whom player's name is khalia)

it would be interesting to have a topic for al the cast.

A problem has been found with this type of tech.

You can roll either left or right after the throw animation, doing so nullifies the ability to get behind the opponent. You still get to carry on your pressure of course, but the setup isn't as godlike-broken as we initially thought.

Gurimmjaw

As @Darkslay mentioned, you can roll left or right but this delayed. When I was testing this the cpu wouldnt roll but tested this on myself and you can roll bit it delayed so you still have that nice +38 advantage.

So it like a 50 / 50 option instead of guarantee, but if they don't roll you get the guarantee options. Just something we need to be wary of as it not the unstoppable godlike tech we thought but still really good options as it gives us more options at the wall.

Still the God of Walls tho lol.

jjinkou2

A problem has been found with this type of tech.

You can roll either left or right after the throw animation, doing so nullifies the ability to get behind the opponent. You still get to carry on your pressure of course, but the setup isn't as godlike-broken as we initially thought.

I would say the opposite. For me it's not a problem that a counter measure exists. Fortunatly it exists !
it's really not interesting to be bullied. i prefer knowing a technic and its counter.

Kberry14

The only issue is when people hold out of 6T, i find you can still react to the hold and A) Throw again or B) Wallsplat if possible, this still doesn't affect the setups though, you're getting something guaranteed EVERY time.

@ZakkuRye
@Kberry14
expected nonthing less from my fellow dragons

Lulu

LoL...okay cool, I was beginning to think Team Ninja missed something.

Still though, catching someone off guard with that will be a serious mind f:eek:ck !!!!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD