Japan DOA Tournament results

The DOA5 tournament in japan took place, and all the matches were posted online.

I figured we'd post it here to get some good discussions.
The winner was Mochi A, who was the author of the japanese DOA5 strategy guide, apparently also the author of the VF5 strategy guide, and also one of the testers.

SRK has a good write up about it, so I'll just quote them.

Last Sunday, the finals for the DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Official Tournament 2012, organized byKoei Tecmo Games, were held in Japan. Over a period of approximately three weeks, five qualifiers were held throughout the country, including a final qualifier the day of the event as well as a single qualifier in South Korea, narrowing the participants down to the following 22 players.

Yuu (Christie)
Katsuninken (Mila)
FLAC (Hayabusa)
AKA (La Mariposa)
Taku (Leifang)
Ist Makestick_test (Kokoro) – from South Korea
NIKY (Ayane)
Vice (Kokoro)
SRF_IST (Akira) – from South Korea
TON (Mila)
Toho (Tina)
Mochi A (Sara)
Juggler (Jann Lee)
Kubinashi (Helena)
Konidash (Jann Lee)
Souma (Kokoro)
NCR (Bayman)
Yamima (Elliot)
Teru Rock (Leifang)
Shinobi (Kasumi)
PONG (Tina)
Yukashi (Kasumi)

Interesting to see his sarah in action, somewhat no-frills, deceptively simple as well.
His spacing is pretty redic.

It looks like Lei Fang and Christie took 3rd and 4th place respectively

The rest of the videos are here, if you want to watch some good matches:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ot2012_6.html

Had to go back to see it. That was awesome.

Is that move difficult to do like the Mashima's EWGF?
Or is it more about timing?

Akira's fighting style has always looked pretty cool to me, it looks the most like an actual person fighting (ok not the four knees part but you know)

Koor

D'aww, no Bass in sight. But good to see someone reppin Lisa. She was quite... :cool: Legendary. Good fights though from the players. I especially enjoyed the Kokoro/Christie matches. Very fast paced and went both ways.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Is that move difficult to do like the Mashima's EWGF?
Or is it more about timing?

Akira's fighting style has always looked pretty cool to me, it looks the most like an actual person fighting (ok not the four knees part but you know)

It's a timing thing. You have to press :H+K: down at the same time and release :h: within 16 milliseconds while still holding the :K: down.

Bakano

People seem to really think Akira's just frame knee is that hard...I can do like 100 in a row, that move is really easy to do and it's not a 1 frame move in DOA5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD