DOA5LR Join the Community for EVO 2015!

It's time to show other communities what we are really made of by making an impression at EVO 2015! The event has been known about for a while now, but you can now RSVP on Big E's Facebook Invitational thread. We already have 15 planning on going including: @Mr. Wah, @E-Mann, @XcaliburBladez, @Crazy Steady, @NukNuks, @iHajinShinobi and other players from the community.

That roster alone should tell you how serious of a tournament this is. With a $1,000 pot bonus and help from Big E, we are advancing from our tournament last year, and improvement is always a good thing no matter how you look at it.

Awesome, I'm looking forward on going to EVO not only entering the Tekken 7, but also want to enter in the DOA5LR tournament which is pretty important. All I just need to do is try to make it, being able to pay the fees, and possibly try to get an EVO Badge. (currently I have an exclusive registration and Tekken 7 Tournament entry)

What I do wonder is where can I buy an EVO badge, unless if its going to be within the buildings?

http://evo.shoryuken.com/registration/

EVO registration is up now. You pick up your badge when you get there. There are only 2 current available badges. 2-day pass which will get you in Both Friday and Saturday. The 2nd badge is 2-day pass plus streaming hall for finals on Sunday. Basically you get into the the hall that will have a stream of the main hall for Main game finals. If your not playing in any of the main games you just buy pay for your badge. On page 2 of the registration page you can pay for a Main game. It adds $10+ for each. Side game such as DOA5LR will be paid for when you sign up on the day of. Or day before.

ok, really you only need the cheaper 2day pass. The next option is the 3-day viewing hall pass but its really just a 2day pass with access to the stream hall side room. That is just a room that will have the stream running of the finals. If you bought the 3-day Tournament hall early (its sold out) you wont have access to the main hall on Sunday to see the finals in person. Unless your playing in one of thos games. DOA is a side event there fore it will most likely be played Friday/Saturday. My play is to pick up the cheaper 2-day $40 pass. I have no need to sign up for an EVO main game so will not choice any on the 2nd page. Each EVO main game will be additional $10 on top of your badge.
evo_zpsclahswth.png

EVO Main Games are as follow
evo2_zpsf69bnwld.png

As i said im just getting the cheaper 2day pass. Sunday, I'm going to go out and enjoy Vegas. Maybe stream the Finals in the hotel room later that evening. This way I can relax and not be bunched up in a stinky room lol. The stream is free so why pay to watch it unless you wanna get hype with everyone you dont know. Hell might as well throw a stream party in the hotel room

Facebook event page has DOA on the 18th-19th but what you've said makes sense.

I'll wait till Big E posts up the schedule on the event page before making any purchases.

yah noticed that as well. The way EVO runs is most games start on Friday. SF4 runs all day Friday till top 32/64ish. Thos go to Sunday finals. UMvC3 starts Saturday. Same break done. Im guessing this year one smash game will run all day Friday and the other Saturday. Smaller main games (Tekken KI, MK etc etc) usually top 16/32 on Sunday. In the past they have pulled large side tournaments like VF5 into the finals and shown the top 4. If you are playing in finals and that happens you get let into the main hall to play Sunday.

Would go if I could, but out of vacation days. I'm not yet good enough to be in a tournament anyway. Maybe in a year or two. But to everyone that is going, have fun, kick ass, and get hype! I'll watch streams if/when I can.

Last edited:
Would go if I could, but out of vacation days. I'm not yet good enough to be in a tournament anyway. Maybe in a year or two. But everyone that is going, have fun, kick ass, and get hype! I'll watch streams if/when I can.

We don't know if there will be a major a year or 2 from now. There is always a chance TN could say "Why are we trying to support this game"? No one wants to come out for it.
I can understand what you mean. It can be scary at first. You don't have to go to a tournament cuz your good. You just go to have fun. EVO is one of the best majors to start at. 95% of the crowd knows they have no chance to make finals. They go to see the big crowd and get hype and just outright have fun. Now if you flying then yah. Not having fund make it hard to travel. Now if your close by any tournament just go to have fun and support the community. In the long run you will also level up faster.

Also to everyone. I know we are trying to push people to go to EVO. But we should push people to go to all majors. We should show more interest in Majors that want to have us. I get we want to show others we deserve a shot. But Fact is showing for just EVO wont help our case. We should cram as many as we can into all tournaments. Its awesome we are pushing EVO like this and on FB. But we have SCR & ECT as well as a few small tournaments before EVO. Granted SCR issue are still being worked out

Last edited:
You don't have to go to a tournament cuz your good. You just go to have fun. EVO is one of the best majors to start at. 95% of the crowd knows they have no chance to make finals. They go to see the big crowd and get hype and just outright have fun. Now if you flying then yah. Not having fund make it hard to travel. Now if your close by any tournament just go to have fun and support the community. In the long run you will also level up faster.

My main issues are time (due to work) and location (I live in central Iowa). I would attend a tournament at least as a spectator if any were nearby and it fit with my schedule though. Chicago, Minneapolis, and Omaha would work, so I'll have to see if there's any in those locations, Des Moines would be ideal though unlikely. It does seem that DoA mainly sticks to the main population centers tournament-wise, so coasts and Dallas. If there were any promotions like that one with the pizzas (I can't remember for sure if that was Dead in Dalllas or a Pennsylvania tourney, but it was something like "pizzas for everyone if 128 people sign up"), I would totally sign up because pizza is delicious.

Also, I have been watching the play from the Sacramento tourney and have seen people of roughly my skill level, so I would be more comfortable now than I was when I made my initial post.

In closing, thanks for the encouragement. It may not sound like it, but I am thankful.

Last edited:
Ugh, if only I could make it to EVO, but I'm actually pulling for Summer Jam more than anything. That one seems to be the most likely one for me. If not SJ, I'll at least pull for TFC, since I didn't make it last year.

From what I heard from Big E's Facebook, the Japanese and Korean players are gonna be entering DOA. Don't disappoint them.

Earn those points, ladies and gentlemen.

Is the "anti sexy costume" ban going to be in effect during EVO?

It's not a ban. Yes, I believe it's in effect. Yes, you can pick whatever costume you want. Yes, people may insult you, our community, and/or our game if you choose one of the costumes, but there will be no penalty given to your tournament status for picking the costume.

Honestly, the target this year should be to at least match or beat Tekken 7 in numbers.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD