[Jul 12, 2014] EVO 2014 Side Tournament (Las Vegas, Nevada)

NukNuks

OKAY HERE ARE A FEW REALLY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS CONCERNING THE TOURNAMENT

-The tournament is now taking place on Saturday instead of Friday. We decided to make the change to Saturday instead so that we can better accommodate the majority of the players that wish to attend. There are too many people that can't make compete in DOA on Friday because of other obligations to the main EVO games.

-There is a Facebook event page now for the event, if you have Facebook please mark YES on the event page. View it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/733133220061749/

-I repeat, the DOA5U side tournament is taking place on Saturday, NOT on Friday.

-The tournament is to start at 11am sharp on Saturday. Please don't be late.

-If you would like to sign up in advance for the DOA tournament in advance, you can do so on Friday instead of Saturday. Please be warned that this is a non-refundable tournament. Soon as you put the money in my hand you are committing yourself to taking part in the DOA side tourney. So if you register on Friday but don't show up on Saturday then you're S.O.L.

-If you haven't already, please RSVP as 'Yes' if you're going to attend the event.

-We have match recording all taken care of. Yes, I repeat we will be recording all the matches played during the tournament and they will be posted to YouTube, FSD, etc. They will be chopped up, sliced, and spliced accordingly.

-Finding the booth where DOA will be is not going to be difficult. We're gonna have a big 8 foot by 4 foot banner hanging above our booth that says 'Godlike Combo' and 'Capsule Entertainment' (our sponsors for DOA) so just look up. Remember, we're going to be in the BYOC area of EVO

DON'T FORGET ABOUT CONFIRMING YES, NO, OR MAYBE ON THE FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE.

WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO GET THIS POPPIN. I'M A DOA PLAYER AND PROUD OF IT. I WANT THE OTHER COMMUNITIES IN THE FGC TO NOTICE OF THE DOA PLAYERS AT THE WORLD'S LARGEST FIGHTING GAME TOURNAMENT. WE OUT HERE.

Last edited:

Vandy

Is it possible to push the start time back until after injustice finals are over? This could affect Blackula, Sonic Fox, and Perfect Legend from being able to participate.

NukNuks

Is it possible to push the start time back until after injustice finals are over? This could affect Blackula, Sonic Fox, and Perfect Legend from being able to participate.
Unfortunately this is the final time we've decided on and we are not willing to push it back any further. My team & I are doing the best we can to accommodate all the players interested in participating.

Vandy

Unfortunately this is the final time we've decided on and we are not willing to push it back any further. My team & I are doing the best we can to accommodate all the players interested in participating.

That's fair. See you there!

NukNuks

UPDATE

-If you're going don't forget to confirm yes or maybe on the Facebook event page

-Sponsor information for Godlike Combo added to the OP. Please visit their website at GodlikeCombo.com. They are a software company that specializes in running tournaments on smart devices such as an iPad, tablet, or smartphone. For more information on this revolutionizing change in the way fighting game tournaments are ran please visit their website to see the demonstration video. The free software beta is also available for download.

-Check the event flyer below. Spread awareness about the DOA5 tournament at this year's EVO by re-posting the flyer on various social media outlets such as Facebook or twitter.

The Event Flyer
e2d618be-de82-4be2-aec0-136808a83ea4_zps3765b545.png

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well, today I competed at my first tournament at EVO 2014. I can say that I had some great casuals with @Perfect Legend and @Blackula (fun matches man).

Then the tournament officially started and I took a look at the bracket only to realize that @CrayCraySteady was my first opponent. I saw him whooping ass, and I knew my ass whooping was next.

I chocked a little under pressure, and managed to get a few rounds wins, but yeah he beat my ass.

Loser's bracket I regained my composure and defeated a solid Christie player 3-0. It gave me a little confidence because I struggle with Christie.

Then I was patiently waiting for my next match which I thought was going to be another painful beating. While I waited for @SonicFox and @Requiem to finish to my surprise Requiem didn't win so he was my match in loser's bracket.

He chose Christie to fight my Alpha for the first match, and I managed to win. An instant burst of confidence emerges as he goes to the character select to choose his main Helena. I'm glad he didn't chose Leifang because I wanted his best, and I got it.

He beat me in that match. Pretty bad if I recall. But I stepped my game up on the second, still lost. During the third match, I gave him everything I had and it was the clutch match I had hoped for. I still lost, but the match was down to the wire.

I'm proud that I attended, happy I overcame my choke and won a set, and SUPER happy my last match was with one of my favorite players @Requiem.

I'm now excited to improve, I'm more excited for TFC, and I can't wait to go to more offline event. Because in the three hours I was there I learned more than I ever have at home, and can say my Alpha is legit.

Major thanks to @NukNuks and @Requiem for working hard at putting this little show together. Great job guys.

#OnlineWarrior No more

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
What I want to know is, who idea was it not to record the event?

Well here's the thing, the event was recorded. The matches will be up later tonight. :)

EDIT: Just talked to Requiem... you're right Adon, the matches weren't recorded beause of a stupid fucking broadcaster that can suck my fucking cock. Stupid fucking bastard.

And his reasoning?

"We didn't need to"

Stupid prick. Fuck EVO. Love DOA.

Last edited:

Requiem

Well here's the thing, the event was recorded. The matches will be up later tonight. :)

EDIT: Just talked to Requiem... you're right Adon, the matches weren't recorded beause of a stupid fucking broadcaster that can suck my fucking cock. Stupid fucking bastard.

And his reasoning?

"We didn't need"

Stupid prick. Fuck EVO. Love DOA.

I have to clarify. Not the fault of the broadcaster. Merely the player (not me) who decided we didn't need to and said so.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I have to clarify. Not the fault of the broadcaster. Merely the player (not me) who decided we didn't need to and said so.

Well fuck him as well.

I think we should have shown more angst in this situation. If I knew of it I would have given him a piece of my mind.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

I don't get this at all. The point of having DOA at Evo was for EXPOSURE! What exposure is the game going to gain if no one can even see it?! It makes me glad that I couldn't go to begin with, because honestly if I would have went to Evo just to find out I wasn't really supporting anything by doing all this traveling, I would have been absolutely pissed.

Sambo Swag

I don't get this at all. The point of having DOA at Evo was for EXPOSURE! What exposure is the game going to gain if no one can even see it?! It makes me glad that I couldn't go to begin with, because honestly if I would have went to Evo just to find out I wasn't really supporting anything by doing all this traveling, I would have been absolutely pissed.
Agreed. That's a shame, I was looking forward to watching it later. I think having it on Youtube would've helped raise awareness for the DoA game and community.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Not trying to disrespect SF/Marvel players but EVO always has been the "Capcom Cocksucking Championship". Sure its a great place to run side tournaments and meet other guys offline but do not expect those people to help you support your game if you(or the devs) don't come out of your pockets.

Requiem

I do apologize about the whole situation, however. Here's the full results. It actually was a fun tournament with a few memorable matches!
1 RGSonicFox

2 Fnatic | Perfect Legend

3 AFD Requiem

4 Crazy Steady

5 GrandMasterson

5 RGKwiggle

7 Blackula

7 OkkinZuric

9 CharlieTuna

9 Skillzilla

9 Death of a Ninja

9 boobiebombs

13 TSP | Timtastic

13 KIT I Vandy

13 Pikocat

13 Kiraragirl200

Last edited:

RhythmikDesigns

Great jobs guys. Too bad they weren't recorded. Not trying to stir the pot, but what exactly happened to where the matches couldn't be recorded?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
One player should not have the ability to stop matches from being recorded. The people in charge of running it (@NukNuks and you, @Requiem) really should have been on that. Things happen and there is a lot going on at Evo so it is understandable that focus would've been elsewhere. Just a shame because there were quite a few really solid players there.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD