[Jul 12, 2014] EVO 2014 Side Tournament (Las Vegas, Nevada)

NukNuks

I take full responsibility for the matches not being recorded. Requiem is not at fault here. He is not a tournament organizer nor has he ever been. I only said he was a host of the event on FSD and Facebook because he is a known respected member of the community with plenty of clout and someone who I once considered a friend. I am the tournament organizer for this event (amongst others), so if there's anyone you should say "fuck you" too, it's me.

I may have failed the community now but you BEST believe that I have other shit up my sleeve to put together for the Dead or Alive community. To those that participated in this years EVO side tourney for DOA, thank you and my bad for not getting your matches up there for everyone to see. Go ahead and be mad/disappointed at me if you want. I put these events together because I love playing DOA and I love being involved with a community that is probably the biggest underdog in the FGC.

So pretty much, any foul ass shit you have to say about the tourney being recorded, direct that shit towards me.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It sounds to me like people didn't show enough attitude to anyone else not interested in having the matches recorded. You had every intention of recording these matches, so stop being so hard on yourself.

I think the lesson of today is that this community needs to show more intuitive to other communities attacking our game or showing disrespect to the game and players, or acting clueless about it.

Our game is actually better than their games in my opinion.. we need to show them why more often.

If it wasn't for the intense effort from @NukNuks and @Requiem there would have been no Dead or Alive play at all.

And now people can't call me an online warrior anymore. Thanks for coming from Cali to give me that.

Last edited:

Sambo Swag

I take full responsibility for the matches not being recorded. Requiem is not at fault here. He is not a tournament organizer nor has he ever been. I only said he was a host of the event on FSD and Facebook because he is a known respected member of the community with plenty of clout and someone who I once considered a friend. I am the tournament organizer for this event (amongst others), so if there's anyone you should say "fuck you" too, it's me.

I may have failed the community now but you BEST believe that I have other shit up my sleeve to put together for the Dead or Alive community. To those that participated in this years EVO side tourney for DOA, thank you and my bad for not getting your matches up there for everyone to see. Go ahead and be mad/disappointed at me if you want. I put these events together because I love playing DOA and I love being involved with a community that is probably the biggest underdog in the FGC.

So pretty much, any foul ass shit you have to say about the tourney being recorded, direct that shit towards me.

It's water under the bridge.

While I think forgetting to record the matches is a missed opportunity, everyone should still be thankful for you guys organizing the event. Please don't let this discourage you from trying to set up more DoA events in the future.

Just don't forget next time ;)!

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I am glad the DOA tournament was even ran at EVO. But the entire point of the event was to expose the game. This means having it played at the event, and streamed AND/OR recorded. The matches would have then been uploaded here for our community, sent to Team Ninja and possibly other social networks for more eyes to see.

This side tournament wasn't really about "a tournament" for DOA, it was about creating exposure for the game. That was @boobiebombs entire reasoning and goal since before SCR earlier this year.

This reminds me when the entire SoCal scene and I were going to WNF every week for DOA as much as possible. We weren't attending just to play in a tournament, we were attending so we could build up our player scene and expose the game on and off stream (and to get DOA into SCR). That was the entire point of even going to Super Arcade (and why the SOCAL DOA brand came to life). To expose DOA.

This was supposed to be the same deal, but in my honest opinion I don't see this being that much of a success. Sure, everyone who went and competed were there and that's what counts (same with NCR earlier this year), and that does matter and I appreciate everyone that went out to play and support.

However, the fact remains that the actual objective was never accomplished. And I am very disappointed about that, mistakes happen but these mistakes have been made all too often to the point that this should have been done properly this time.

I really do appreciate everyone that went to play and support. But I am disappointed about the matches not being recorded. That meant a lot and really could have done a lot for the community.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor

Not sure that anyone has anything bad to say about the matches not being recorded beyond what I said and a few also said: it was a shame that they weren't. That's all. Nobody is going to fault you for holding a tournament and you have a strong history of supporting the scene. People are disappointed they couldn't see the matches but none of us have our pitchforks out over it.

Enjoy Evo, those of you out there.

NukNuks

DOA EVO2014 side tourney results, brackets, Salty Suite info, giveaways, and extras.

1 RG | SonicFox
2 Fnatic | Perfect Legend
3 AFD Requiem
4 CrazySteady
5 GrandMasterson
5 RG | Kwiggle
7 Blackula
7 OkkinZuric
9 CharlieTuna
9 Skillzilla
9 Death of a Ninja
9 boobiebombs
13 TSP | Timtastic
13 Vandy
13 Pikocat
13 Kiraragirl200

*unfortunately there isn't any recorded footage of the tournament matches :/

Also, we will be streaming live matches

Also, we will be doing a DOA Salty Suite in room 19-132 with live streamed matches courtesy of our sponsor Capsule Entertainment. This will happen in a few short hours. Follow twitch.tv/cpsiv to view the matches later

AAAAANNNND shout out to our sponsor Godlike Combo for provided two 12-month XBox live Gold Memberships to give to the players who participate in today's Salty Suite!

And for all you viewers out there, we have 3 Xbox 360 copies of DOA5U to give away. All you will need to is answer some good 'ol DOA trivia. So pay attention and participate during the live chat later :D

Shout out to the sponsors again for making this happen. We'd appreciate if if you give them a visit :)

GodlikeCombo.com
Facebook.com/CapsuleEntertainment
OhMyYomi.blogspot.com

Remember, it will be streamed on twitch.tv/cpsiv

Stay tuned! #DOAatEVO

b-bombs

Standard Donor
So, # 1: I'm super pumped to not come in last place at a tournament!

# 2: No, we didn't get the tournament proper recorded, but I still think there is some value with having an officially recognized side tourney at EVO. So it's not a total loss.

And # 3: There's no doubt everyone learned from this. It was a fun time and totally exciting despite the lack of recording. And honestly the amount of disappointment over lack of recording/streaming is a GOOD thing. It means that there is actually an audience there was generated interest - which is always the most difficult thing to create.

So anyway, I'm sure the next tourney will be better, and I'm happy so many showed up (since I literally couldn't get anyone to respond to my attempts at a side tourney last year). Thanks everyone involved!

Venova

No recording? Are you kidding? Why even bother if theres no record - how does this benefit or help the community at all if there is no visibility. What a joke. Very disappointed - I really was looking forward to seeing it play out. Even Vampire Savior had a casted/commentated tournament. Ball has been dropped.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yeah if anything these comments are tired and worn. Mistakes happen, and we wouldn't be a community without them, so please get off your high horse so you can see this matter (that should be closed by now) on everyone else's level.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD