[Jul 19, 2015] DoA Festival - EU Qualifier: Stun Academy 3 (Paris)

Gehaktbal

Paris is pretty central if you look at Europe.

Next to that: the Frenche community is the biggest community of Europe.

Next to that: The Paris community is the biggest communitie of France.

So if you ask me: Paris is the best place for European Tournaments.

For me personally its still a 6 hour drive, but thats okay, because there are players who live in South-France or Italy who are also driving to Paris. Tournaments in UK, The Netherlands, Germany or Italy would only attract locals. A central place like Paris is perfect!

Corza

Standard Donor
I'd be happier if the tournament was in Germany, because going there would be a lot cheaper and faster for me. Driving 14 hours alone to France or spending 500+€ on a plane and hotel is not cool.

Dark-truth

I'd be happier if the tournament was in Germany, because going there would be a lot cheaper and faster for me. Driving 14 hours alone to France or spending 500+€ on a plane and hotel is not cool.
IKR and i don't even have a car ._. because of my age -.- amsterdam would be anice place too

Chisa

France is too far away to me aswell. UK would probably be the best for me since it's easier to get there and it tend to be more cheaper. Too bad they don't hold that much tournaments and usually they give too short notice about it. Even Germany would be better since it seems to be more center. Poland would be ideal since it seems to be center of everything but i don't think the scene exists in there.

Gehaktbal

True, if you look at the scenes in EU countries it would be:

UK
The Netherlands
Belgium
Germany
France
Switserland
Italy
Greece
Sweden

France is the most central country for these countries.

Dark-truth

True, if you look at the scenes in EU countries it would be:

UK
The Netherlands
Belgium
Germany
France
Switserland
Italy
Greece
Sweden

France is the most central country for these countries.
well actually germany is way more central for anyone its closer than france

jjinkou2

Corza, from hungary you could also take the euroline. But the journey is quite a bit long. Chisa if your are really in finland that's a bit complicated. Darktruth i don't know where you live but maybe it's too far away from your home.

Indeed there is a lack of tournament's organisations in EU. It 's not like in the US. Moreover US citizen are used to travel east coast / west coast.

But i think that the question "why the all the EU tournaments are in Paris" is not quite constructive. A more positive question is : "what should i do to organise a tournament in my country ?" That could change every thing. " Every journey starts with a first step !"

At least there is a tournament in EU that Team Ninja has taken into account for the BR2015. it could have been worse!

Dark-truth

Corza, from hungary you could also take the euroline. But the journey is quite a bit long. Chisa if your are really in finland that's a bit complicated. Darktruth i don't know where you live but maybe it's too far away from your home.

Indeed there is a lack of tournament's organisations in EU. It 's not like in the US. Moreover US citizen are used to travel east coast / west coast.

But i think that the question "why the all the EU tournaments are in Paris" is not quite constructive. A more positive question is : "what should i do to organise a tournament in my country ?" That could change every thing. " Every journey starts with a first step !"

At least there is a tournament in EU that Team Ninja has taken into account for the BR2015. it could have been worse!
well i live in the netherlands and team ninja mostly consider France USA and Japan as the countries where DOA players are that's why lol

Gehaktbal

well actually germany is way more central for anyone its closer than france

Not true,

Germany instead of France would be:

Worse for UK
Worse for Italie
Worse for France
Worse for Greece

Same for Belgium
Same for Switserland

Better for The Netherlands
Better for Germany
Better for Sweden

So France is better then Germany for EU players.

Chisa

Chisa if your are really in finland that's a bit complicated.

Yep, i live in Finland so i'm already out. We actually had one tournament during vanilla and were supposed to get second one with Ultimate but people who organise it left or lost interest so we didn't get the second one. TN also helped with getting prizes but of course nothing like money. So the scene tried to grow and people seemed to be interested. No one just doesn't want to organise tournaments.

Gehaktbal

Like i said: France is the center of all DoA-playing EU-countries.

Next to the geografic aspect of why France is the best country to do EU-tourneys is that France has the biggest doa communitie.

KING JAIMY

IKR and i don't even have a car ._. because of my age -.- amsterdam would be anice place too
Would you like to go? I drive with my parents and there is still place for one person in our car. If you consider going, PM me and we can talk in Dutch about it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD