[Jul 19, 2015] DoA Festival - EU Qualifier: Stun Academy 3 (Paris)

Gehaktbal

As many of you already know, eight of the top DOA players from around the world will fight in the World Exhibition Match at the DoA Festival in Tokyo the August 1st. Players who have shown their skills in official tournaments will be joined by the winners of the Final Trials in Tokyo, held at the event.

1434820130-doafes-overseas.jpg

We are very pleased to announce that Republic of Fighters will implement the only European qualifier for the DoA festival. The tournament will take place in Paris on July 19th. It will gather most European top players in an amazing display of skills and mind games. The winner of this tournament will be awarded with a qualified spot in the Festival along with flights and accommodation in Tokyo for the DoA Festival.

We are honored to partner once again with Team Ninja to strengthen the DoA european community.

Registration
Tournament starts at 10am
Price: 5 euros

Rules:
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round – Console TBD
  • Double Elimination Bracket (Bo5) and Round Robin Pools (Bo5)
  • Bracket reset for grand finals if losers bracket player wins the 3 out of 5 set
  • Normal Life
  • 60 Seconds
  • Random stage select
  • Dangerzones on
  • If a participant accidentally presses start during a match then they will have to forfeit the round.

Prize :
Prizes: The Winner receives Flights and Accomodation to Tokyo, Japan.
Participants receive Dead or Alive 5 game DLC codes. Steam PC codes will be given away.

On top of that, the winner of the Tokyo event will be awarded with flight tickets to the NEC XIV, the grand final of Battle Royal 2015.

Winner requirements
To take up the trip to Tokyo, the winner of this tournament must:
– Have a valid Passport
– Be available to travel to Tokyo, Japan on these dates: Arrive July 30th or 31st, leaving August 2nd or 3rd.
Team Ninja will offer a return flight ticket and 4 nights accommodation (maximum) in Tokyo. * Player can not decide the airline. Team Ninja will book the most direct flight possible.
– Attendee of the tournament in Tokyo should be 17 years or older (DUE to CERO Rating of the game in Japan)
If the winner cannot meet these criteria, the prize will pass down.

Social :
Visit Dead or Alive Game on Facebook
Follow TeamNinjaStudio on Twitter
Follow Republic of Fighters on Facebook and Twitter

If you're considering attending the event, please let us know so we can get a good idea of the numbers of players. Also, feel free to ask if you have any question regarding your travel to Paris, the accommodation, or the tournament itself.

You can find more information on the DoA Festival here : http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/doa_festival.html

Livestream: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming-live/tv-dayone.htm
It should start around 10h30. Local time

Last edited:

Chisa

^ If you are willing to sit down on plastic chair and very tiny feet area then try Ryanair? Not sure if they have flights to Paris airport though.

Wish the tournament would be in London, now it's way too far away. Sadness.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Cheapest way should be Eurolines (London - Paris). I think.
This bus was the cheapest choice for traveling the three DOA tournaments in Paris I've attended before. Roundtrip ticket is around 50 GBP. But the 6 hours in the bus are not that easy unless you take the very front seats in yhe upper desk. The good is you can take the bus that depart from London at 23.30 to arrive Paris 2 or 3 hours before tournament begin, so hotel night could be saved... Even the same could be done, leaving Paris 2 ot 3 hours after tournament ends yo save another hotel night. Of course you will be veeery tired, but I would do it again and again. I have had super great times all the tournamenta I've attended! :D

Last edited:

K4rma

Oh, I forgot to ask... When did such partnership happen before?

Never at such a big scale, but TN always helped us regarding prizes (DLC Codes, goodies & stuff) and communication, which is very important to build visibility and awareness for the european competitive community.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Never at such a big scale, but TN always helped us regarding prizes (DLC Codes, goodies & stuff) and communication, which is very important to build visibility and awareness for the european competitive community.
Hm... it is good to know :) but I find curious that I didn't know even having attended last three Parisian DOA majors... Perhaps some comunication has been lacking there. Anyway, now I do feel that TN manifests taht they recognizes value in us. :)

BTW, will any TN member be in this event?

Last edited:

xi c4i2l ix

Standard Donor
Thinkinf of going - do we have to register? Or do we just let you guys know to give you an idea of numbers.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD