Battle Royal [Oct 12, 2015] SoCal Regionals 2015--DOA5LR Battle Royal (Ontario,CA)

Tenren

10978643_10153051269159146_2930312893625822149_n.jpg

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Battle Royal 2015!
Our good friends from Big E Gaming, Final Round LLC. and Team Ninja are coming together to host Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Battle Royal 2015 and bringing it to the West Coast! We're excited to announce SoCal Regionals 2015 as an official Sponsorship Qualifier for the Grand Finals + $500 Pot Bonus! The SCR2015 DOA Champion will not only win some money but travel accommodations to the Grand Finals at NECXVI !!

Now the question is... WHO IS GOING TO REP THE WEST COAST IN DOA5 LAST ROUND!? LET THE TRAINING BEGIN!

SoCal Regionals 2015 Tentative Game Lineup!
Ultra Street Fighter IV* (Capcom Cup Pro Tour Premier Qualifier)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Super Smash Bros WiiU
Super Smash Melee
Mortal Kombat X
Killer Instinct Season 2
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round* (Battle Royal Qualifier)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
The King of Fighters XIII
Guilty Gear Xrd
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Boost
Blazblue Chrono Phantasma
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Under Night In Birth - UNIEL
Skullgirls
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma EXTEND

More info to come

main.jpg

Last edited:

Tenren

Ok lets start. What would everyone like to play on. 360,ps3,ps4,XB1 or pc. Id like to to try pc but I can only bring 2 myself. Last year we did ok with 2 and a casual but this year we may need more. Also streaming from a pc playing the game might be a lil harder. Give me some ideas on what you think

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just going to comment that since WB9 is setting the standard with PS4, and there are points towards the Grand Finals (Which will be on PS4 also), then as an official tournament in the Battle Royal 2015 I'd say it should be on PS4.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I actually told Valle the other day that the standard for Last Round will be PS4. So SCR will more likely have Last Round on that console.

Tenren

we provide the console. Last year they were mine and VRains. That being we will need ps4's. I dont have one. We are going to need setups.

Tenren

Registration will be available the first week of April for both registration and spectator passes

Group rate should be available next week for the Atrium hotel by John Wayne Airport

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm trying to go. I have family out that way in Southern California, talked about staying with them for that weekend. Hopefully I can make it over & play with some of you guys. And of course meet the people that I haven't met, yet in the West Coast. It depends on how the funds are after March leading up to April's registration deadlines.

Last edited:

x Sypher x

What kind of tournament starts early as hell in the morning??? Lol wtf. I'll be working at that time. I really wanna be able to make it but come on.

Tokkosho

What kind of tournament starts early as hell in the morning??? Lol wtf. I'll be working at that time. I really wanna be able to make it but come on.
i'm not sure but that might be the default time setting, or its when the overall tournament starts, might not be what time DoA is at. but i'm not sure.

IMPORTANT: Word is that SoCal Regionals 2015 has lost its venue due to a construction conflict. Last I saw they are looking for a new venue or might have to change the dates. Please be advised if you are making travel plans. Maybe someone else has more current news.

Tenren

i'm not sure but that might be the default time setting, or its when the overall tournament starts, might not be what time DoA is at. but i'm not sure.
most majors games start about an hour after the doors open. due to pools and brackets with the lenght of matchs that still takes all day. Last year DOA started about an hour after the doors opened and lasted till about 8ish

Also as John said venue construction will not be done on time so either SCR will be moved or dates pushed back. Should know sometime with in the week

Tenren

Update:
with venue issues still being a problem SCR has been split into 3. DOA will be a part of the October 9-11 main event.

"SoCal Regionals is now targeted for October 9-11, 2015 and we are also looking into the Ontario Convention Center as the new home of SCR! We had a site visit on April 25 and was impressed with venue accommodations, contracting process, and how close the airport and hotels are from the convention.

At this time, we are working on the new floor plan and other immediate action items to move forward with the contract and open registration soon after.

Since the event is targeted for October, we have more time to plan, properly promote, and showcase the best possible fighting game event the community deserves. We truly appreciate your continued support throughout every SCR update and look forward to seeing everybody at the main event!"

you can read all of Alex's post HERE

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD