Kasumi Players by Pros / Tournament Videos

extravagant

I know there is a Kasumi video thread, but it seems like that thread was mostly discussed for combos and whatnot. and in that thread I only saw one video of the two pages... but even if a video thread exists, I want to make a video thread that specifically dedicates itself to "high level" tournament play by pros, or really well known players utilizing the best of Kasumi, so we can all learn something and take something, reject the rest, and integrate it and make it our own.

so far I only got one video. so if you guys know any others floating around, please share it too!

Allan Paris

If look in the media library here on FSD you'll come across quit a few videos of Kasumi in tournament play. Not a lot for doa5 of course. This hasn't been out that long for you to see a lot stuff coming from her. Most of the vids will be doa2u/4 with a little bit of doa3.1.

Tenryuga

Hey guys, any new tourney footage of Kasumi? :)
Go to team spookys twitch channel and check the summer jam day 2 archives. Shade Swifteye plays Kasumi. In the future you should check the tournament page so you know what majors are coming up. That way you can join us on the stream and ask questions and learn whenever you see a Kasumi player on the screen.

extravagant

Hey any new tournament footage of Kasumi?

I think she sorta sucks I haven't seen many good Kasumi players in general and also there isn't anyone winning tourneys with her huh?

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Hey any new tournament footage of Kasumi?

I think she sorta sucks I haven't seen many good Kasumi players in general and also there isn't anyone winning tourneys with her huh?

Yes, thats true. Since Ultimate, it's rare that tournament participants pick her up for a fight. The last fight in a tourney where I've seen Kasumi was at NEC 14. DragonKP used her, but somehow, that didn't made an convincing impression to me. :confused:

See this video:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I'm sure most of you guys have already noticed, but at the official DOA5U Tournament that was streamed by TN, one of the participants did very well with Kasumi (he ended up with rank 4 I think). So for those who might have not seen this yet, you can watch the replays on the page I've linked below.

(Note that they might get removed from there some day)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/42655675/highlight/454552

That's the best Kasumi gameplay I've ever seen since Ultimate.

Tenryuga

Yeah that was some really solid Kasumi play. It wasn't exclusive to her either; The Kokoro, Leon and Rachel players also stood out to me and I really enjoyed watching the tournament overall. So many good plays and reads and generally solid play in most matches.

extravagant

I saw like 4 or 5 Kasumi players in that Japan tournament, lol. But she's like not too common here in the states.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
There are actually quiet a few of us players, but we've just been busy. I'm not a pro or high level player, but I main her. Not too many people are successful playing with her offline & they drop her. Hopefully that will change soon. Then of course there's AP, Shade, Tenryuga etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD