DOA5LR Kasumi Teleportation Glitch (On Xbox 360)

Laura Luna

This happened awhile back but this one time, I was playing as Kasumi just fighting the CPU in versus & I was bout to do the teleportion forward & instead of teleporting in front.. She teleported in the back of the opponent & I just thought it was so cool :kasumi::) I think I saved the replay so I'll have to go back to it & record it soon..

KING JAIMY

Yeah I noticed that happens sometimes. It happens mostly after PP7K in my experience. After that you can follow-up with BT 2P which is pretty cool.

Lulu

I don't think thats a Glitch.... I believe there's a way to get Consistent Results regarding whether you want to Wind Up behind or Infront of your opponent.... assuming we are all talking about :7::K::6_: and all the strings it appears in.

I know a Raw :7::K::6_: has the Highest chance of getting Kasumi to Hoshinpo right underneath her Opponent..... it doesn't always happen but it does happen alot.... you can practically rely on it.

:P::P::7::K::6_: also has a high chance of Getting Behind her opponent... not as high as a Raw :7::K: but its still Dependable.

:K::K::7::K::6_: is the Tricky one..... on Rare occasions... getting the last kick to launch on Critical Level 3 ( or 2 for the Lighter Characters) will allow Kasumi to wind up behind her opponent..... luckily this doesn't happen on already air borne opponenents.

Right now my running theory is that getting behind your oppoent is influenced mostly by Distance..... and then by Critical Level and Weight Class. I'm also beginning to wonder if its influenced by Hurt Box/Space Box Size. And then theres this whole Business with Slanted Surfaces.

I believe with some serious testing you can get Consistent Results.

Lulu

Calling All Kunoichis !!!

Your awesome Ninjutsu is required for My Research..... kind of like Project Alpha I suppose ;)

Okay so head into training mode and pick a Light Weight Class Character (Kasumi is the reccomended choice)

Now try this (on normal hit):
:H+K:
:4::P::P:
:7::K::6_: (Slip underneath opponent)
BT:2::P:
:6::P::K: (since you'l be on the other side it would be in reverse: :4::P::K:)

Okay.... after that..... try this one:
:4::H+K:
:P+K:
:4::P:

Well ?
If everything worked out just right then the 1st Combo should fail and the 2nd Combo Should work. Just like they did for me.

Those are both Citical Level 2 Juggles.

Anybody got any theories ?

I have one but I need know if you guys come to the same conclusion as I did without any influence from me.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Your awesome Ninjutsu is required for My Research..... kind of like Project Alpha I suppose ;)

Okay so head into training mode and pick a Light Weight Class Character (Kasumi is the reccomended choice)

Well ?
If everything worked out just right then the 1st Combo should fail and the 2nd Combo Should work. Just like they did for me.

I have one but I need know if you guys come to the same conclusion as I did without any influence from me.
I'll try this tonight for you:)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Well ?

I tried it and like you said, the first combo failed but the second succeeded. I think because the second combo had a more deep stun, the height was increased to allow the second one to work.

Lulu

I tried it and like you said, the first combo failed but the second succeeded. I think because the second combo had a more deep stun, the height was increased to allow the second one to work.

I don't think thats it..... they're both CL2 Combos.... the only stuns that affect height are Sit Down Stuns, Slip Stuns and Back Turned Stuns.

Plus.... by modifying the timing ever so slightly it actually is possible to get the first combo to work...... if you like I can reveal my theory about whats causing these inconsistencies.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't think thats it..... they're both CL2 Combos.... the only stuns that affect height are Sit Down Stuns, Slip Stuns and Back Turned Stuns.

Plus.... by modifying the timing ever so slightly it actually is possible to get the first combo to work...... if you like I can reveal my theory about whats causing these inconsistencies.
In that case, it may be timing related. I've been playing combo challenge mode for example, and I was having trouble completing Tina's because one combo required a hit, but it had to be like "just frame" quick. I sat their for nearly 10 minutes trying time and time againto get it, but finally it connected when I did it just quick enough(And I passed her challenge too ^-^). I have a feeling I can get the first combo to connect, but I just have to do it faster so it can work in the vein of that tina challenge i was having difficulty with.

Lulu

In that case, it may be timing related. I've been playing combo challenge mode for example, and I was having trouble completing Tina's because one combo required a hit, but it had to be like "just frame" quick. I sat their for nearly 10 minutes trying time and time againto get it, but finally it connected when I did it just quick enough(And I passed her challenge too ^-^). I have a feeling I can get the first combo to connect, but I just have to do it faster so it can work in the vein of that tina challenge i was having difficulty with.

LoL.... its actually a trick..... although I mention that you can get the first combo to work by changing the timing.... thats just something you have to do affect whats really causing it not to work..... what the 2nd combo does is essentially the same thing only you don't need to time it carefully.

The running theory I have right now is its affected by distance.

Now :4::P::P: is going to give You a lift stun..... at some point during the animation of the lift stun the opponent will step backward away from Kasumi.... ofcourse that won't happen if she :7::K:'s too soon..... and thats where the timing comes in.... if you wait long enough to give your opponent's Lift Stun Animation to take its course then the gap between You and them will be slightly longer..... :7::K:ing at that point should make the Juggle work....... in Theory.

I'm too lazy to slip out if bed to make sure that that is absolutely the case.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
LoL.... its actually a trick..... although I mention that you can get the first combo to work by changing the timing.... thats just something you have to do affect whats really causing it not to work..... what the 2nd combo does is essentially the same thing only you don't need to time it carefully.

The running theory I have right now is its affected by distance.

Now :4::P::P: is going to give You a lift stun..... at some point during the animation of the lift stun the opponent will step backward away from Kasumi.... ofcourse that won't happen if she :7::K:'s too soon..... and thats where the timing comes in.... if you wait long enough to give your opponent's Lift Stun Animation to take its course then the gap between You and them will be slightly longer..... :7::K:ing at that point should make the Juggle work....... in Theory.

I'm too lazy to slip out if bed to make sure that that is absolutely the case.
Don't worry, I'll try it myself tonight to see if this is the case. I'm 100% certain it would work on alpha 152 since she's a feather weight, so if I just do as you described and make sure I'm on point with it, doing it and connecting should be easy.

Lulu

LoL..... Alpha has soooooo many of those types of combos..... thats why I'm saving her for last.... I already have my hands full with the testing the light weights.

If you want to then feel free to test Alpha Krossups for me..... shes just so damn light.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
LoL..... Alpha has soooooo many of those types of combos..... thats why I'm saving her for last.... I already have my hands full with the testing the light weights.

If you want to then feel free to test Alpha Krossups for me..... shes just so damn light.
Like a helium baloon! XD

Chapstick

If you're gonna do a juggle after going under, do PP7K~P+K. Looks a lot cooler and actually connects unlike the 6PK of 2P 6PK. Probably does more damage as well.

Though if you're gonna launch at lv2 with 7K you'd probably wanna do 7K~K PKK6K

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Been playing around with the going under thing, and it's very useful for getting away from corners and getting your opponents near a danger zone without all that much hassle. And @Chapstick was right, PP7K~P+K is another flashy juggle you can use, and the window for when it connects is pretty wide.:-D

Lulu

If you're gonna do a juggle after going under, do PP7K~P+K. Looks a lot cooler and actually connects unlike the 6PK of 2P 6PK. Probably does more damage as well.

Though if you're gonna launch at lv2 with 7K you'd probably wanna do 7K~K PKK6K

That one and :P::P::6::P::6::K: have the highest consistency amoung all the one's I've tested.

BT:2::P: is the one the has special requirements.

Okay so now I'm go over something I called "Tip Range" Setups......what these do is they ensure that :7::K: connects as far away from the opponent as possible..... theres going to be some Hurtbox issues using these.

So for Critucal Level 2 you have
:3::P:
:P::P::7::K::6_:

And:

:4::P: or :6::P: depending on the "thickness" of your opponent (not including super heavy weights)
Then :7::K::6_:

I believe there's another that I used to use but I've latched on to those since last night..... they're just easier to remember. Those setups should expand the possibilities of what you can do once you teleport. Theres this one setup up that allows you to perform :P::K::K: on super light weights..... for some reason the final :K: will not connect. :eek: its pretty weird.

LoL..... I can't remember my Critical Level 3 setups right now. I'l up date as soon is I figure them out :oops:

Sorry guys.

Edit: Okay so I don't remember my CL3 set up for :P::P::7::K::6_:..... because that one is difficult to setup. But for a raw :7::K::6_: you can use:
:3::P::P:
:7::K::6_:

To give you some Idea of what the differences are.... pick a Welter Weight Class Character (I used Pai Chan because I hate her for beating me so many times) and Teleport from that set up then try:
:P::P::7::K::5::P+K:

If I'm right then that should work and trying to do the same thing After her critical burst should cause the High Jab to miss after the Back Turn Low Jab.

I'm currently working on the super light weight setups..... I just found out you can also :P+K: after the BT:2::P: and now I'm just so exhaust because I have to go back and make sure these don't work on Gen Fu and the Middle Weights....... :confused: its just so much work.

Last edited:

Lulu

I was wondering if its possible to do the samething with Phase 4.

Edit: Anyway..... if it is a glitch.... heres Everything I could Do from it.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It is a glitch. They just haven't removed it out of the game. You can do it, but you would would literally be hammering your pad in order to do so. In most cases, it just happens. Sacrificing damage, too. It is cool though. lol

Last edited:

Lulu

Thats why I've been trying to squeeze every last bit of damage I can..... the most I could do was about 100 points on Light Weights.

Anyway damage was never my thing anyway..... I've actually been trying to get good carrying distance or to labd moves that have good knock back ranges.

Which I managed to do.... sort of. So at this point its just about trying to find ways of making it more practical and consistent.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD