DOA5U Kasumi's match video and critique thread

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
That looks right. If Brad attacks, he get's hit by it. So it would only get ugly if he's going to overuse 4P against opponents with such evasive (neutral) stances while not using it's followup, because then he's open for punishment on whiff, may it be by a throw, OH or by lows which are pretty known for being used from that.

Allan Paris

4P2K stops that stance. So 4P can still be used often against Brad. I would actually recommend a heavy use of it against him because of his crushing abilities. There are more matches of Shade Swifteye playing against him than me. You will see Shade use 4P often against Brad.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
4P2K stops that stance. So 4P can still be used often against Brad. I would actually recommend a heavy use of it against him because of his crushing abilities. There are more matches of Shade Swifteye playing against him than me. You will see Shade use 4P often against Brad.

Oh right, I forgot 2K is also available from 4P. I only had Phase's options from 6P in mind, haha.

Tempest

Anyone has some advices on these? How do you beat this
That Lisa player wasn't very good, but you didn't look very comfortable with Kasumi. After you got counter hit a few times you started playing very patient, which is why he started to just run all over you. Lisa is very slow so as Kasumi you can apply light pressure like 2p and p safely. For some reason you went for 6pk a lot and didn't really capitilize on the knockdown since he wasn't going for many wake-up kicks. I can give you some matchup specific advice but I don't think that's why you lost there as you really didn't fall for anything stupid.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Anyone has some advices on these? How do you beat this?

When she's in back turned, P, 6P, & 4P knocks her out it. 4PK you can use if you catch her jumping to laucnh & then combo. Most Lisas' are going to try to be as acrobatic as they can with the character so you have to be aware of her jumping grabs & OHs' If you duck her throws, low throw her. You may need to go to the lab & work on it to make sure that you have muscle memory.

Also, you're Kasumi. You shouldn't be retreating to a relatively slower character like Lisa. You mainly lost because you stayed on the defensive rather than attack. Same for Gehaktbal's Rachel.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
That Lisa player wasn't very good, but you didn't look very comfortable with Kasumi. After you got counter hit a few times you started playing very patient, which is why he started to just run all over you. Lisa is very slow so as Kasumi you can apply light pressure like 2p and p safely. For some reason you went for 6pk a lot and didn't really capitilize on the knockdown since he wasn't going for many wake-up kicks. I can give you some matchup specific advice but I don't think that's why you lost there as you really didn't fall for anything stupid.

Interesting how different the point of views are. That Lisa player actually won the last two offline tournaments in the UK with given character and I don't feel uncomfortable with Kasumi either. Anyway, imo, applying pressure with 2P / P combinations isn't that easy on Lisa because she has jabs that stun on normal hit and are faster as Kasumi's mids on -1 as well as 1P as high crush to avoid her faster jabs.

Also, you're Kasumi. You shouldn't be retreating to a relatively slower character like Lisa. You mainly lost because you stayed on the defensive rather than attack. Same for Gehaktbal's Rachel.

As you know, I'm not a friend of staying in one's face because I hate to deal with wakeup kicks ;). However, I guess that's right. I may need to vary my offensive more to avoid getting crushed out of it that often.

Thanks for the input guys.

Tempest

Interesting how different the point of views are. That Lisa player actually won the last two offline tournaments in the UK with given character and I don't feel uncomfortable with Kasumi either. Anyway, imo, applying pressure with 2P / P combinations isn't that easy on Lisa because she has jabs that stun on normal hit and are faster as Kasumi's mids on -1 as well as 1P as high crush to avoid her faster jabs.
I'm not really good at telling how good a player is online. But Lisa has only 14 frame mid pokes that are not very scary on block or on neutral hit, and a 12 frame "get off me". If you continually apply 2p she does not have any safe options.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Sidestep can still blow you up pretty easily, and that's what he used. Also, 2P on counterhit only results in a pushback that puts her into an position that favors her more as Kasumi.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor

As you know, I'm not a friend of staying in one's face because I hate to deal with wakeup kicks ;). However, I guess that's right. I may need to vary my offensive more to avoid getting crushed out of it that often.

Thanks for the input guys.
When you knock them down, in open floor (assuming), if you feel that way, either 7P or 8P+K to get away from it then lol

Tempest

Not sure what you mean with "suck". It grants a stun and that's all she needs.
Compared to what other characters have they aren't very good. Sidestep k has no legitimate follow ups if you stagger escape. Sidestep p is stance dependant. Both are unsafe.

Allan Paris

Anyone has some advices on these? How do you beat this?

Against Lisa you lacked punishment knowledge. Lisa did 1PP and you did 6P2K. 6P6K is a free punish from that all day. Lisa is at -8 after that string. This Lisa player also whiffed 1K at bad distances, they opened themselves up to eat 66K or P every time, yet, you just stood there and watched it. If you duck her Offensive Holds you do standing throws to punish them. When you dodge or she misses her aerial body slams you Low Throw to punish them, if you are not in range you run and 66K or P if you are to far away to throw. The Lisa player got away with throwing themselves on the ground for free too many times, and you just stood there.

When going on the offensive 4P is what you want if she goes BT on you block. Lisa's 4P from BT will eat your jabs and 6P alive. You can get away with a 6P here and there but the spacing and timing must be right. If it is not right you will get launched counter poking with 6P while she is BT. When she is not BT still watch how you throw Jabs out, you are asking to be crushed. You kept tossing out jabs in a state of panic and you kept getting counter blown because of it. You do not need to fear anything from Lisa as Kasumi. For the most part you need to know what Lisa can do so you can stop playing like you should be scared of her.

Against Rachel, well he didn't respect you at all. I could tell by some of the stuff he was doing to you. All I can tell you is here is to throw when you see players repeatedly holding the way he was, and learn how to get to your damage. Even in the Lisa video you did the wrong juggles at times or you landed strikes and did nothing to capitalize on the mistakes your opponent made after you hit them. There was some lag going on in the Rachel match because you missed a few punish throws, and ended up being Hi Counter Blown because of it. That was not your fault in any way.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

I admit, I was a bit frozen while fighting Lisa :cool:.

I never thought about about 6P6K for retaliation, 4P usage is more intended in general. I know about the low throw punishment, but I'm not always sure about if I'm in range to get it in time. About 66K, I'm not sure either since it tends to miss if someone is to close to the ground due to it's hitbox.

Gehaktbal does not respect me in any way when we play against, that's right, lol. Using throws on purpose sadly often results in the thing you mentioned in the last sentence.

Thanks a lot though, getting back into the right juggles is the easiest thing, while capitalizing on mistakes with the right moves is not.

Soaring Zero

I can certainly understand. I'm not very good at fighting Lisa either and I tend get very defensive in matchups that I don't know as well. As in relying more on blocking than trying to go for a bunch of holds. But like was said above you seemed to just not know when and where you should be punishing her which is simply a matter of learning. Also for players who get hold happy like that Rachel, try to learn one of the good juggles after 236T. Just in my experience, when you punish bad hold attempts with a throw like that the player usually will learn to stop doing that because 9 times outta 10 they are trying to guess with the holds and not actually reacting to what you're doing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD