Kick Cancel's

Lulu

Oh hey.... I didn't notice that....
Anyway I just found you can use that cancel as a legitimate side step option. :)

Calintzsan

Oh hey.... I didn't notice that....
Anyway I just found you can use that cancel as a legitimate side step option. :)

Yes, it's a very powerful tool since you can use her many options from there. The most common and useful are:

After 2(or8)P+KH in Flamingo:
K (extremely fast)
2KT (very effective and a quick way to get a command throw in while the opponent is attacking after cancel sidestepping)
4P+K (good evasive parry flip that will dodge everything including throws in case you realize that you know you're about to get hit)

That 4P+K in Flamingo will literally get away from everything. Personally tested this myself. Lows, mids, highs (both punches and kicks), throws, wake-up kicks, etc. Has a pretty good window for avoiding those attacks too.

Last edited:

Lulu

Yes, it's a very powerful tool since you can use her many options from there. The most common and useful are:

After 2(or8)P+KH in Flamingo:
K (extremely fast)
2KT (Very effective and quick way to get a command throw in while the opponent is attacking while you sidestepped)
4P+K (Good evasive parry flip that will dodge everything including throws in case you realize that you know you're getting hit)

That 4P+K in Flamingo will literally get away from everything. Personally tested this myself. Lows, mids, highs (both punches and kicks), throws, wake-up kicks, etc. Has a pretty good window for avoiding those attacks too.
The AI grabs me whenever I try that Back Flip.... when I'm at disadvantage advantage I get caught by i11 mids and when I'm at at advantage I get grabbed by neutral throws

Calintzsan

The AI grabs me whenever I try that Back Flip.... when I'm at disadvantage advantage I get caught by i11 mids and when I'm at at advantage I get grabbed by neutral throws

You might not be using it fast enough. In the middle of that Flamingo back-flip, the opponent cannot grab you. I made several tests with a human player to confirm that. If you want to know the timing or if you want to see it in action, I can most certainly show it to you, so long as you don't play on the Xbox or PS4, otherwise I won't be able to, lol.

Last edited:

Lulu

LoL I'm on the 360.... and I've been doing as fast as I can..... when the Dummy Blocks :8::K: or :4::K: it can throw me at the beginning of the Back Roll Animation. Strikes will miss though... by milimeters.
If the dummy blocks:6::P::4::K: then it can throw or hit me with an i11 Mid..... jabs still miss though.

Calintzsan

LoL I'm on the 360.... and I've been doing as fast as I can..... when the Dummy Blocks :8::K: or :4::K: it can throw me at the beginning of the Back Roll Animation. Strikes will miss though... by milimeters.
If the dummy blocks:6::P::4::K: then it can throw or hit me with an i11 Mid..... jabs still miss though.

That seems odd because I've tested that move on pretty much everything several times with many different timings. All instances were a success, although if the opponent manages to initiate a throw right at the very start of the black-flip, I think they can get a hold of you. I'm not entirely sure on that one since it was difficult to time that within a couple of frames. I wonder if the 360 version is different with that?

If I can find a way to put up a video, I'll show you just so you can see (I know you probably believe me and whatnot) for the sake of it. That is odd though.

P.S. It sucks that we are on different consoles. Dx

Lulu

That seems odd because I've tested that move on pretty much everything several times with many different timings. All instances were a success, although if the opponent manages to initiate a throw right at the very start of the black-flip, I think they can get a hold of you. I'm not entirely sure on that one since it was difficult to time that within a couple of frames. I wonder if the 360 version is different with that?

If I can find a way to put up a video, I'll show you just so you can see (I know you probably believe me and whatnot) for the sake of it. That is odd though.

P.S. It sucks that we are on different consoles. Dx
LoL thats what this site is for.... to bring us all together.... and now PC gamers can get in on the action too :).

Okay let me see if I can record it an try punish myself... (I always mirror matches when I practise Sarah's moves)

Lulu

Okay so heres whats happening.... after:4::K:..... I can't grab Sarah while shes backflipping with Command Throws like :6::F:..... but :5::F: still works..... so after that kick one should be ready to break some neutral throws.

Calintzsan

Okay so heres whats happening.... after:4::K:..... I can't grab Sarah while shes backflipping with Command Throws like :6::F:..... but :5::F: still works..... so after that kick one should be ready to break some neutral throws.

I'll try that one again when I get on just to make sure. I think I may have skipped over the neutral throws. I'll check in a bit for you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD