Killer Instinct Thread

synce

Hisako giving me Makoto vibes... I likes it. Can't play it, but I likes it. Don't mind me btw I'll just sit in the corner here and hope for a PC port.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
i will just stick with fulgore

haven't played this in a while

I got the adapter that enables me to use my ps4 stick on the one, so I might be getting back into it.

Hazard

Standard Donor
Well, since this thread was last used, they added a bunch of characters, including Shin Hisako, Rash (Battletoads), Arbiter (Halo), RAAM (Gears of War), Killgore, and some more I can't think of. Still rocking Jago, but at the same time still just mashing buttons because I'm still learning the game from time to time.

Lulu

@Hazard
Me Too... although things are going slow since I got nobody to play with...

I have been watching Tournaments though, Iron Galaxy really outdid themselves in Season 03... thanks to the Changes they made to the Cinematics and The Interface has really made the game as fun to watch as it is to play.... This was an issue In Season 02 because the animations were so fast and Erratic you couldn't tell what was really going sometimes.... so I'm glad they fixed that.. plus its also a fantastic learning tool.

Hazard

Standard Donor
This was an issue In Season 02 because the animations were so fast and Erratic you couldn't tell what was really going sometimes.... so I'm glad they fixed that.. plus its also a fantastic learning tool.

KI honestly has been quite beginner friendly with me. Pretty amazing tutorial, the ability for shadow play function (or whatever it's called) makes it good to practice on your own.

Lulu

the ability for shadow play function (or whatever it's called) makes it good to practice on your own.

LoL... I believe its called Shadow Lab... and its not Available offline unfortunately. The Dummy Options in Practice Mode are severely limited.... infact theres no Reversal Ootions of any kind.... outside of Practising Combos (which doesn't take that much time or effort) its pretty Useless for checking how effective Setups are in various matchups.... to do that you would have to do the whole press the other way around.... use the record function to record the setups... playback the Setup against yourself and then you can perform all the reversals. Its obviously Time Consuming and not as effective as it should be.

Combo Breaker Training on the other Hand is Freaking Fantastic !!! :)

As is Combo Assist.... I don't use it myself but I'm glad its there... it will make pitching this game to my Friends much easier.

Given how well executed Shadow Lab, Combo Breaker Training, The Dojo and Combo Assists are.... it seems especially weird that the Dummy Options in Practice Mode are so bad.... even The Attack Data and Hitbox Display are great (not as great as Skullgirls but its better than what Street Fighter gives you... which is nothing).

Still though... Great Game, Partner or No Partner I'l definitely be Pouring Almost as much time into Killer Instinct as I've poured into DoA.

Plus its good to have a Back Up game incase The Devs change something and Piss You Off. :cool:

Lulu

Now maybe this is just my imagination but do you guys think that Killer Instinct's "Unique" Roster makes it harder to choose a Character... ?

Don't get me wrong.... other fighting games have Unique Characters too but the difference is KI has a bunch of Non-Humans in the Mix, This isn't an issue with Aria and Arbiter because they atleast have Personality... no Story Mode Required.

But for Saberwolf, Fulgore & Riptor I feel like the lack of any human Traits makes them unlikely choices.

Even Tekken's Bears & Robots have character.... they're dumb as door nails but thats part of their appeal.

What do yall think ?

Hazard

Standard Donor
Now maybe this is just my imagination but do you guys think that Killer Instinct's "Unique" Roster makes it harder to choose a Character... ?

In terms of gameplay, a lot of them have vast differences and gimmicks that allow them to have a good variety. In terms of actual character? I mean..it's just mainly about who looks cooler. Wanna play a Robo-Shredder? Go for it. A raptor? It's there too. Ninja? Werewolf? Man on fire? All there.

Lulu

LoL... True... But I feel like its so hard to get attached to the non-humans...

I mean your main is like your Shadow... you have to live with not only their Gameplay strengths and weaknesses but also their Character/Personality (or lack thereof).

I was lucky... I knew I was going to Play Hisako before I even got the game (thanks to LCD/Larry) and for a dead chick shes very likeable.

I don't know... maybe I just have to play through Fulgore's Story Mode to see if I'm missing something.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD