Killer Instinct Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I've been putting time in the game on & off. I've been on Street Fighter a lot as of late. Haven't decided who I really want to play yet. It's in between Saberwulf, Fulgore, & Jago. I'm really liking Saberwulf though. Still going through the mechanics a bit more & then choose someone before I go back to sparring sessions. It's been a while since I updated it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Never expected them to actually put Mumm-Ra in Killer Instinct.

The ancient spirits of evil couldn't be happier...

Nereus

Standard Donor
If you're not an Ultra owner, upgrade. It's 23.99 to upgrade. A steal if you missed out or chose to save money the first time. Always pays to go all in.

No point... im not going to dish out more money just to get characters a couple of days earlier. I don't care for the outfits and i don't really care for KI2

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There's also going to be a bonus character this season. May or may not be Ultra exclusive. Going to be a Jago variant again but likely the opposite of Shadow Jago and will have his own moveset. They're being cagey about it. I support the KI franchise with as much money as I can. Definitely worth it.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Man I'm really pissed ... like, I'm late to this game and now I cant get Shadow Jago .. They should release him as DLC already or something ...

On a side note,
I just beat Shadow Jago in arcade mode .. lol
Found an AI bug thats ... well .. pretty retarded and helps beat him straight away .. lol

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I bought him from eBay around Evo. They give him away a lot so it's not too hard to get a code. Also, Kan Ra is fucking weird to play. Having a tough time getting used to him lol.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Getting an XBone on Friday so I can join in on the KI fun. Bought the game at work tonight so all I need is the system.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Question about KI disc version. After it installs do I need to actually have it in the drive to fully play it? Got my One on Wednesday and put in Titanfall so it could install that and I am able to play KI without using the disc. Kinda confused me.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Question about KI disc version. After it installs do I need to actually have it in the drive to fully play it? Got my One on Wednesday and put in Titanfall so it could install that and I am able to play KI without using the disc. Kinda confused me.
KI is technically free to play. Without it in you should only have access to characters you paid for. Never tried the disc so I can't be sure but you might not be able to earn achievements without it in. Also you should get season two. Feel free to add me as well.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
KI is technically free to play. Without it in you should only have access to characters you paid for. Never tried the disc so I can't be sure but you might not be able to earn achievements without it in. Also you should get season two. Feel free to add me as well.
Alright, bought Season 2 Ultra and we still had six Day One memberships today so I got Shadow Jago on top of that.

Had a friend explain to me how the adding/friend system works so I think I added you.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Alright, bought Season 2 Ultra and we still had six Day One memberships today so I got Shadow Jago on top of that.

Had a friend explain to me how the adding/friend system works so I think I added you.
You did. I have to also add you to make it official but yeah. Try Kan-Ra. Weirdest character in a fighting game in years.

RH_Stealth

Searched for an exhibition match today... ended up playing 41 matches with the person I got paired up with. We were pretty even, skill-wise. I was better at some things, he was better at others. Really good matches. They were mostly Jago mirrors.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
First online match is against someone who is either streaming or recording a match and thinks he has already played against me. "Huh, he never used Thunder before."
Game has some solid netcode. I'm pretty surprised how good it is.

Edit: Woud be nice if the game had a safe zone set option so I could see all my UI stuff instead of some of it being cropped out. This needs to be a thing in general for Xbone.

Last edited:

synce

Something tells me the results of the poll will be skewed by people who spent $600 to play one game. I'm too lazy to join the forum and vote but yeah I could get back into KI if it was on PC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD