News Koei Tecmo Showing MORE Interest in PC

With several Koei games coming out on PC shortly after Yaiba's Steam release, the company has made a point to see how many of their players are actually interested in seeing more of their games on the PC platform via their Facebook page.

Would you like to see a port or new Dead or Alive title on PC? Maybe Ninja Gaiden 4? Feel free to discuss the pros and cons to bringing more Tecmo games to the PC market.

I think this could be valuable to a lot of players that either don't play on consoles, or are looking for a new way to play the long running fighter on PC. It would certainly create a bigger audience despite their being less players on PC... especially for fighters.

There are also perverted mod possibilities that would inevitably be battled by a fair share of the community, and possibly even the developers.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Nude mods. What else is news. They're out there for every PC game.

Last I checked those exist even in the xbox version of DOA5, just not so easily usable.

(...sh-t, did I just admit I know of their existance?)

The most immediate benefit is the sharp drop in input delay.

The next benefit would be that it requires no converter whatsoever, so people could use whatever pad/stick they damn well please provided the TO has their shit together and has proper emulation software running for it.

A good PC would pretty much be the ultimate tournament system.

The next benefit would be that it requires no converter whatsoever, so people could use whatever pad/stick they damn well please provided the TO has their shit together and has proper emulation software running for it.

I am a Cake and I approve of this post.

If Team Ninja never gives me a trenchcoat as a DLC costume for Christie, I guess I'll have to buy a PC port of DOA5U and make my own. I need that permanent boost of self-confidence no matter the cost.

As long as they consistently do a good PC port that runs in 60FPS with acceptable graphics option I see no downside to this the PC market is huge and untapped for them, but give us 30FPS with bare minimum options might as well not bother. Yaiba is a decent port so i have high hopes.

Please put DOA on the PC so that consoles wont soil the netcode like it always do. Also dont make the requirements so astronomically high that no one can play the game. SSF4 PC is a huge improvement over xbox because of the netcode. Also give out volume discounts for the costumes as well.

I would appreciate this for future developments. Don't want to buy new consoles perpetually :/
It may also attract more players then.

I'm all for that idea. I'm fighting with my wife over rights to the tellie, so if I am able to move my DoA into the office I'd even be able to mask it as work most of the time.

The Yaiba port was really well done. This could be a great thing however it appears to be more of the original Koei franchises they're working with.

Yesterday I played a SSFIVAE tournament on PC. I can't disagree more with your last sentence Rikuto. Yeah, on paper PC is godlike, but fuck me if it doesn't bring a lot of unnecessary shit to the table in terms of tournament organization. There was a lot time gone to waste configuring sticks (most people in my country have PS3 sticks), PS3/PC pads, the occasional windows/PC crash because reasons. You would still have more or less input delay.

=============

However, DOA on PC would be good. There are a lot of PC only dudes who are missing some good FGs out there because there aren't on PC (Tekken, SC, VF, DOA... mostly 3D FGs as you can see). So it would be smart (maybe) approaching that potential market on PC.

Reactions: d3v
I highly doubt it. If DoA5 were on PC, TN wouldn't make any money from costumes.
If they went on the PC, I doubt they would be targeting costume money anyway.

But to be honest, at least speaking for myself as a true fan, I'd still buy some. I'm the kind of guy that believes that if you really like something, you should buy it. Because if you don't support them, how can they make more of it?

And there are ways to prevent people from hacking the game for them anyway, at least while playing online. No one cares what you do while you play on your own anyway.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD