DOA5LR Kokoro 1.04 Patch Notes

Commmanda Panda

Made her easier to fight with.

P+K: Changed overall frames from 22(4)24 to 22(4)23, and adjusted to be able to perform a followup mid attack of up to 14 frames against many characters who are staggered after this move.

8PP: Changed damage from 25 to 20, wall knock-back distance on Counter from 1m to none, and status after air hit from down to juggle.

Back-turned P6PP: Changed damage from 23 to 20, knock-back distance on Counter from 1m to none, and status after air hit from down to forced getup.

I'm happy with the changes. :)

thoughts?

Tempest

I'm not 100% on that 8PP change but I think it's saying you can use it as a refloat similar to BT P6P, which might be useful.

P+K guaranteeing 66P is nice but not significantly better than what 6P was giving you. It's kind of sad since Kokoro has so many great 15 frame options you can't get guaranteed off of this.

Commmanda Panda

I'm not 100% on that 8PP change but I think it's saying you can use it as a refloat similar to BT P6P, which might be useful.

P+K guaranteeing 66P is nice but not significantly better than what 6P was giving you. It's kind of sad since Kokoro has so many great 15 frame options you can't get guaranteed off of this.
I like the changes to P+K simply because it allows for more options. She will be getting 66P and 7P as follow ups now. 66P is able to get a close hit, able to hit wall, and 1 extra frame of stun over 6P. If the threshold is high enough, 7P will grab you a guaranteed critical burst or give you 7P2K string options.

As for the other changes, they look good as well. However, we can't really gauge those changes until we actually try them in game since we don't know the exact property changes to the moves

Tempest

I like the changes to P+K simply because it allows for more options. She will be getting 66P and 7P as follow ups now. 66P is able to get a close hit, able to hit wall, and 1 extra frame of stun over 6P. If the threshold is high enough, 7P will grab you a guaranteed critical burst or give you 7P2K string options.

As for the other changes, they look good as well. However, we can't really gauge those changes until we actually try them in game since we don't know the exact property changes to the moves
Unfortunately 7P is 20 frames. 66P being able to wall hit is something I like since P+K will be guaranteeing a wall-splat now. I don't think you can get close hit in stun though.

Tempest

P+K 66P is already pretty good, something like 33P, P+K, 66P will put you in critical burst territory, which is right where Kokoro wants to be. P+K is actually slow enough that if someone panic high holds it will still catch them.

Edit: unfortunately this isn't very good if they stagger escape.

Last edited:

Tempest

Ok so BT P6PP refloats now. I haven't played around with it too much but for 7k on NH you can get 7k, p6pp, p2kp on middleweights, which does 63 damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD