DOA5U Kokoro's: Beginner Tutorial

Allan Paris

Here's another tutorial that I have done. There's quite a bit of info on this character already for players. Still, I did something for the beginners that are looking to pick her up.

I welcome any feedback on the videos and I'll improve and make better in the areas that I need to. I wish the best for the players looking to pick her up and I hope this helps you out some.

Don't forget to subscribe to the channel. I'll have more stuff up for DOA in the near future.

You guys be easy.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I'm not sure I agree with her having good stun game mixups and throws. In stun game, you generally either risk slow escape or you use a high punch after every non-high punch strike. Her 214T is beat by a whole bunch of 12f throws now that almost every other throw in the game has been buffed except her 214T. Overall, though, it's a good video for beginner players how to start playing Kokoro.

Tenryuga

It's the fact that if your opponent doesn't hold they may take damage or allow her to setup launchers that makes her have good mixup. For example if you commit to staggering you allow me to use my highs to set up non slow escapable launchers. If you commit to staggering you are getting launched by 3KP all day. If you commit to staggering you are getting launched by threshold break 9P, 46P, or 6KP all day. 3K itself goes into a low, mid kick, and mid punch to push her through the stun game.

On the flipside if you commit to holding my highs then I can start throwing you or using my mid K and mid P launchers to put you in the air. Pick your poison. I understand what you were trying to say though but you have to look at it from the opponent's perspective. If I guess wrong on my high hold or commit to stagger when I shouldn't I'm taking damage. Kokoro has always been like this since vanilla 5 just 5U makes it so she is even more like that with the nerfs to some of her stuns.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD