Community Kwiggle and XCaliburBladeZ Chosen To Represent North America at the DOA Festival

Tom Lee and Big E Gaming have just announced that Kristian "MC Kwiggle" McLean and Ryane "XCalibur BladeZ" Jimenez will be representing North America at the Dead or Alive Festival in Tokyo, Japan on August 1st. The pair will be provided airfare and board by Koei Tecmo.

10730845_1512960685612877_5706284923366133904_n.jpg

Ryane was known as one of the early competitors to dominate the Dead or Alive 5 and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate scene with his Helena, Alpha 152, and Eliot. He's also been known to play a variety of characters in addition to those two so he may have some up his sleeve for just such an occasion. It will be interesting to see if Ryane uses his Alpha 152 in Japan, as it's been reported that Japan believes her to be one of the worst characters in the game.

10350404_1512960998946179_4776205192754709727_n.jpg

Kristian is considered one of the top dogs in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round era of the series. He's the current top scoring player for Team NINJA's Battle Royal 2015 tournament series. He also is a player with a wide range of character usage including Christie, Rachel, Phase 4, and Lisa. It will be interesting to see how Japan handles his excellent adaptation skills with characters that really show off the system and can create a lot of pressure.

I'm sure both players are going to be asked to make the most of their time by experiencing the Japanese Arcade. Dead or Alive 5 coming to the arcades has really stepped up the Japanese play level in the game, so don't count the Japanese out. They've been growing over the past three years just as much as the United States has.

11696546_10152949608850778_6986728618456704961_o.jpg

The next stop of the Battle Royal 2015 will be Evolution 2015 as a side tournament with a $1000 pot bonus provided by Team NINJA on July 18th in Las Vegas, NV. Both players are expected to show for the event, and then they will be off to Japan. At about the same time, the European representative will be decided, with most hedging their bets towards Gehaktbal being the winner to represent the EU.

This is certainly a great year for competitive Dead or Alive 5, as the competitive scene continues to show off great skill and great personalities, and we're only half-way through the first Battle Royal!

Congrats to these guys.

Japanese players believe Alpha is one of the worst characters in the game? Haha.

I think Americans are beginning to as well; haven't heard anything good at least. It's weird to know that, because I thought they were more inclined to use faster characters, and not slower characters like Bass and Leon.

Anyway, congrats to both. I voted for Xcal because of his Alpha-152 representation. If she was anything like she was in vanilla, Xcal would still be controlling the tournament scene. Christie, surprisingly has gotten buffs despite people bitching more about her.

That's how DOA playin' go.

Of course all your wins matter... to you! Hahaa... oh and Sweet Revenge dominated most of Ultimate actually. You dished out some beatings, but Ultimate was a shared game. Last Round is your game thus far.

Last edited:
Two excellent choices who have brought results during the Ultimate era and in the Last Round era. I know my opinion was unpopular when I explained why I chose them, but the votes and numbers don't lie. People like seeing the variety these two bring and their matches in previous grand finals are always entertaining to watch! Congratulations to both of them and I will be sure to watch you both win for America!

Blades might have to use his other characters! The strat to beat Alpha is too well known and to easy to execute. I've seen these to gentlemen fight before and in one of those tourneys, XCal seemed to do better when he didn't pick Alpha. (I know McK knew what to do though)

Having said this, good luck to both men whomever they choose!!

TBH XCali does completely fine with Alpha. He's been starting to doubt her, but his loses at both TFC, and WB were due to simple mistakes. But I think Cali should play a lot of his characters there if it is 2/3. Hit em with that Leon.

TBH XCali does completely fine with Alpha. He's been starting to doubt her, but his loses at both TFC, and WB were due to simple mistakes. But I think Cali should play a lot of his characters there if it is 2/3. Hit em with that Leon.

Well, can you blame him? It is too damn easy -- EASY - to beat her! Everyone and his/her mother knows this!

I will ask again: Player or Character? I think character because no one asks: "How do I beat said player?" It's "How do I beat said character?"

I never said XCali was bad with her - I will never say that, but MUs aren't based on players are they? No, they aren't! The only time character/player should mix is when it's a mirror!

Well, can you blame him? It is too damn easy -- EASY - to beat her! Everyone and his/her mother knows this!

I will ask again: Player or Character? I think character because no one asks: "How do I beat said player?" It's "How do I beat said character?"

I never said XCali was bad with her - I will never say that, but MUs aren't based on players are they? No, they aren't! The only time character/player should mix is when it's a mirror!
I wouldn't really say that Alpha is "easy to beat" if she can fuck up your health bar in a heartbeat just by stunning you with something. I'm interested to see if Xcal can change Japan's opinion on her tier standing.

I wouldn't really say that Alpha is "easy to beat" if she can fuck up your health bar in a heartbeat just by stunning you with something. I'm interested to see if Xcal can change Japan's opinion on her tier standing.

No! One stun from her? Please! One stun or hold from her opponent, then she's fucked up! I think you have it backwards! Remember, everyone else can hold, but her - even expert holds (a select few) and if she's launched from any of them ...

I was just on FB reading about the nerfs to Tanya, thinking she's ruined now, but with an air+ground advantages before the patch ...

Anyway, they may be right once McK shows how to beat her - which again I say is easy as fuck regardless of whom is using her!

Now, the day somebody completely smacks the shit out of a tournament with Alpha from start to finish, then we'll talk! Oh, wait! XCali did, but no one knew how to beat or how easy it was to beat Alpha, did they? (Do read this paragraph correctly)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD