Battle Royal Kwiggle Retains TFC Title

Today there were a lot of intense matches in Top 8, but above all else, Kwiggle vs XcaliburBladeZ in Winners really showed the importance of adapting to your opponent. We begin to see that Kwiggle has studied the Eliot match-up as he proceeds to hold out of Cali's fighting patterns and punishes him accordingly. Of course Cali has more than one surprise up his sleeve and comes back with environmental awareness and mind games... though it's not enough for Cali to win the set against Christie.

A determined Cali bests a crazed Steady in every match which shocked a lot of the viewers due to Steady's incredible performance against Sonic Fox in an earlier set. It's now time for a final, and Cali and Kwiggle get right into it. Hoping for quick reset, Cali turns to Helena for a powerful mix-up and wins the first match. Kwiggle quickly downloads his opponent and Cali turns to Eliot. Kwiggle goes into overdrive and prevents the reset with his main, Christie, despite some great tech and reads from young Bladez. Congrats at retaining, Kwiggle and winning TFC '15. Both players will be flown to NEC to wrap up the 2015 Battle Royal!

Check out the brackets and stream @02:34 if you missed any of the action today!

Our numbers were 58+ and we have been improving our game at Last Round. Congrats community for staying active and learning the game! Massive improvement and performances from Gruff, Black Moon, Allan Paris, Zakkurye, Jinxed, Blackula! A lot of talent at these community events. Not just a few people.

1. Kwiggle :christie:
2. XcaliburBladeZ :eliot::helena:
3. Crazy Steady :tina::sarah::jacky:
4. Sonic Fox :rachel::marierose:

The win that kwiggle managed to pull off was amazing to say the least, they had people at the edges of their seats (if they were sitting in one) and it truly was a very good match, congratulations to kwiggle, and also Xcalibur for getting 2nd place and crazy steady for getting 3rd

Congratulations to Kwiggle for another conquered tournament (but all the last matches were great to see) and to all the other DoA players! =)

There were 72+ registered, but unfortunately a fair amount of no-shows, so the actual player count is probably around what DOAN mentioned.

Congrats to the winners! Stellar performances. It was great to see some newer faces in the ranks. Props to Immer Wolf for running brackets!

Had a great time with @Allan Paris & @ZakkuRye commentating on stream for Top 16. It was fun to help out with that at a major no less. Had hoped to do so again for finals, but there was some snafu with sp00ky, so he didn't let our community do so for the finals. :(

There were 72+ registered, but unfortunately a fair amount of no-shows, so the actual player count is probably around what DOAN mentioned.

The 58 number was pre-registrations. We always count the total entries number as final regardless of if players showed up to matches or not, as they paid entry regardless. Basically it's pretty cool we got the same number of players in NC with a lower marketing on TFC this year. Grats to all of the players who participated to represent.

The 58 number was pre-registrations. We always count the total entries number as final regardless of if players showed up to matches or not, as they paid entry regardless. Basically it's pretty cool we got the same number of players in NC with a lower marketing on TFC this year. Grats to all of the players who participated to represent.

Understood, I was thinking the same thing about the count though. It was great to see the numbers hold especially since a lot of people that were there last year were unable to make it. That means a lot of new faces stepped up.

Had a dope time meeting a lot of new faces and some old ones aswell. Shout outs to @The Enforcer @Allan Paris for the commentary was def fun being able to commentate with those guys.

All in all had a blast, didn't do as well as i liked but can't complain with 5th place. This isn't the last of me, journey just getting started!

Quick Shouts to @Gruff757 @BlackMoon @XCaLibur BLadeZ @CrayCraySteady @Mr.Kwiggle
Cool meeting you guys. Lets make it happen again next year.

I'm watching Gill Hustle's uploads, and I love that people are much more hyped. I feel like I don't remember people ever getting excited or hyped over things, it's more exciting and fun :)

also congratz on #1 :D

Just 70 because first and last rows of the spreadsheet do not count.

What I have got from current roster list version (I guess the last one):

USFIV 151
MKX 119
TTT2 92
SMASH4 84
MELEE 74

GGXRD 71
DOA5 70 ---> 4 competitors away to be the top 5 game! :) <---
KOF13 62
UMVC3 60
SCV 47

KI 34
BBCP 33
PM 25
3S 23
POKEMON 16

UNIEL 15
P4AU 8

Congrats to all the attendance!

Well Summer Jam proved that Kwiggle's Christie is beatable. Too long of a win streak is not good in any community and now people are back on the lab.

Summer jam was great, and tfc was its equal. It's about having fun and everyone at tfc looked to be having a blast. I love seeing everyone improve. Gives me hope for my own training.

Ya, fair enough, I just remember it being over 70 when I scanned it in the middle of the tourney. I didn't pay close attention or know if it was the final count.

Awesome that we were that close to Top 5. I could care less about Smash Bros, but it sure would have been nice to rival Tekken's #'s considering it being the only other key 3D fighter at the moment.

@Gruff757, Yeah you had a good show! It was awesome seeing Lisa rep in the Top 8.

Anyone know of a Kokoro player that borrowed a controller at this tournament? He borrowed Mechwarrior's controller, and it was busted when he got it back. Now, I'm not accusing anyone but it seems slightly suspicious that this happened right before the loser's finals match of his bracket. Also, pointless considering that the Top 4 was basically set in stone.

I had an awesome time too and enjoyed a lot of these matches. Was good to see all the stuff the players have been working on with their characters. And my Lisa will als be making an appearance at SoCal gruff!!!
Ayyyeee lookin forward to it!

What I have got from current roster list version (I guess the last one):

USFIV 151
MKX 119
TTT2 92
SMASH4 84
MELEE 74

GGXRD 71
DOA5 70 ---> 4 competitors away to be the top 5 game! :) <---
KOF13 62
UMVC3 60
SCV 47

KI 34
BBCP 33
PM 25
3S 23
POKEMON 16

UNIEL 15
P4AU 8

Congrats to all the attendance!

According to the Pools Bracket we had 71, tying with GGXRD.

10 + 8 + 8 + 9 + 8 +10 + 9 + 9 = 71

I believe we had 73 or 78 last TFC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD