News Last Round Release Date + More

Shortly after 2015 begins, we will have the last game in the DOA5 series: Last Round. We already know there will be at least two characters (1 male and 1 female), but what other content will Last Round add to the Xbox One and Playstation 4 editions?

F2P seems to be the new go-to marketing scheme for fighting games, and Dead or Alive: Last Round brings this element back to not only the PS4, but the XBONE as well. It is not known if the PS3 or 360 versions will include this mode (which are digital only, by the way).

The (PS3?) and PS4 will have an "Ultimate Edition" but the contents of the package are yet to be revealed. One would assume that the XBONE version would have this version as well, because it's actually packaged, and the PS3 version isn't, but given Team NINJA's relationship with Sony, we should just wait for more information regarding this packaging/content. One could also assume this could be a Japanese only exclusive.

Newest female character will be the "biggest." We are supposed to leave this comment to the imagination, but I can't picture any character having bigger boobs than Nyo... so maybe the character has the biggest body size?

Last Round is scheduled to released 2.19.2015, expect more news pertaining to characters, stages and balance changes in the future.

My crusade to see Ryo Hazuki added to DoA5 will not end here! >:U
(Unless a cool dude like Raidou or Genshin is confirmed.)

I hope its Genshin + Sonia
Sonia was decomfirmed on fb this confirms she will never be playable in the future obviously. Keep in mind the Tecmo team from 1988 that created Irene has left the company in the mid 90s. Thats why she will never be playable. The current Team Ninja really dont care for her there just using her to fill plot holes in the ninja gaiden story line. On a side note she looked way hotter with red hair never liked the bleached blonde hair. Also Anthony Birraux on fb has begged the DOA team to never add her in doa. He posted every day of the week also months (January) - (May) Sadly I believe Team Ninja listened. :( Expect to see Irene as a damsel in distress in Ninja Gaiden 4 again. Besides Irene Kasumi-Chan was also kidnapped by Christie in DOAD after defeating Raidou for those of you that didnt know.

Sonia was decomfirmed on fb this confirms she will never be playable in the future obviously. Keep in mind the Tecmo team from 1988 that created Irene has left the company in the mid 90s. Thats why she will never be playable. The current Team Ninja really dont care for her there just using her to fill plot holes in the ninja gaiden story line. On a side note she looked way hotter with red hair never liked the bleached blonde hair. Also Anthony Birraux on fb has begged the DOA team to never add her in doa. He posted every day of the week also months (January) - (May) Sadly I believe Team Ninja listened. :( Expect to see Irene as a damsel in distress in Ninja Gaiden 4 again. Besides Irene Kasumi-Chan was also kidnapped by Christie in DOAD after defeating Raidou for those of you that didnt know.

What is happening here...

Irene so far is not in the game exactly for the same reason because aren't playable characters created from TN as Raidou or Bankotsubo, so for a decision of the developers. Her absence here and now has nothing to see with what will be her future fate, and definitely this has nothing to see with her being created from another company when we have seen how TN made a remake of the original Ryu Hayabusa and made of him the main character of a new franchise. In the same way it's wrong to say that TN don't care for her when actually Irene doesn't fill any holes in the Ninja Gaiden storyline and the reason because she was created again in NG2, mentioned in NG3, appeared again in NG3RE and got a role in the main plot of the DoA series with Dimensions was just because evidently the developers like her and/or she has a fanbase.

Anthony doesn't influence an entire company more than you and me can do it, and his behavior anti Irene was dictated from the loss of patience toward other people doing the same with his and other requests (by the way he just stated his opposition many times: I don't remember that he has ever started posts directly addressing it even less begged TN for not adding the character, if something the users that from time to time act in similar ways are others). Like I said on DOAW, seems to me really silly to attack openly the requests of someone because, in addition to be a bad attitude, has really no purpose if your reason is the one to not see fulfilled hat request: for that it's enough to not show support toward it for making realize to the Team that the request is unpopular.

I understand that you can be disappointed that a favourite character is not in the game, but we need to remain objective without being affected from the mood of the moment and stating things that are obviosuly fake. In addition Irene remain always one of the character with more chances to be added in future, so I don't see really the reason to be so pessimistic (contrarily to the fans of characters that, with their moveset inherited by other ones, they can really consider them out from the series for an indefinite time).

Sorry for the off topic.

Last edited:
What is happening here...

Irene so far is not in the game exactly for the same reason because aren't playable characters created from TN as Raidou or Bankotsubo, so for a decision of the developers. Her absence here and now has nothing to see with what will be her future fate, and definitely this is has nothing to see with her being created from another company when we have seen how TN made a remake of the original Ryu Hayabusa and made of him the main character of a new franchise. In the same way it's wrong to say that TN don't care for her when actually Irene doesn't fill any holes in the Ninja Gaiden storyline and the reason because she was created again in NG2, mentioned in NG3, appeared again in NG3RE and got a role in the main plot of the DoA series with Dimensions was just because evidently the developers like her and/or she has a fanbase.

Anthony doesn't influence an entire company more than you and me can do it, and his behavior anti Irene was dictated from the loss of patience toward other people doing the same with his and other requests (by the way he just stated his opposition many times, I don't remember that he has ever started posts directly addressing it even less begged TN for not adding the character, if something the users that from time to time act in similar ways are others). Like I said on DOAW, seems to me really silly to attack openly the requests of someone because, in addition to be a bad attitude, has really no purpose if your reason is the one to not see fulfilled hat request: for that it's enough to not show support toward it for makin realize to the team that the request is unpopular.

I understand that you can be disappointed that a favourite character is not in the game, but we need to remain objective without being affected from the mood of the moment and stating things that are obviosuly fake. In addition Irene remain always one of the character with more chances to be added in future, so I don't see really the reason to be so pessimistic (contrarily to the fans of characters that, with their moveset inherited by other ones, they can really consider them out from the series for an indefinite time).

Sorry for the off topic.

I said the same thing but sadly Kronin you will soon realise Irene is just a cameo chick now. Keep in mind im her biggest fan.

I said the same thing but sadly Kronin you will soon realise Irene is just a cameo chick now. Keep in mind im her biggest fan.

She is the character created by TN more asked for from the fans, TN didn't forget her when there was no reason to show the girl, and she ended to get a main role in DoA from which she could remain far forever. For me this is more than enough to be sure that sooner or later she will be playable, you/we just need to get patience.

I'm pleased there'll be a free to play version of Last Round. Moreso that it'll be on the One as well, I was so dissapointed that Microsoft didn't allow free to play games on the 360 so I had to miss out on a good bunch :oops:

Can't wait for 20th of Feb!!!!

Biggest... I wonder if they include some sort of "female bob". If so, it will be... I just wouldn't know how to react to that. They took a big leap with Marie Rose, and that turned out alright, but I dunno.

It could also be a cyborg or someone wearing a lot of armor.

Then again, TK lives off costumes now, I can't imagine the new character to have low sex appeal. Is there any deredere we are missing?

I think she's going to be "big boned." There has been alot of call for that, and i think it could turn out bad given the physics DoA has. Either it'll be overly unrealistic with physics on, or you'll have people constantly bashing her.

The DOA5LR website has been updated, here's what's to expect to come on the current gens.

Both PS3 and Xbox 360 will have a free update of the game from DOA5U to DOA5LR. The current gens won't have NEW STAGES, HAIRSTYLES, and COSTUME OPTIONS SCREEN.
There's a Last Round Set DLC which will include the new characters and costumes.
New Image.jpg

Please do check for more details on what's in store for DOA5LR: http://www.teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/uk/productInfo.html

Didn't expect DOA5 Last Round to be coming out so early. I was just going to get it for my PS3, but I kind of want to get the full experience. Even if the visual upgrade is just "minor", can't go wrong with a 1080p/60fps 3D fighting game. Plus, Team Ninja plans to still support Last Round with new DLC in the future. Loving the support!

Good news then!!! Fuck yeah! You guys should update these news on the front page (if you're not already on it).

There is actual upgrade patch from DOA5U to DOA5LR... so far I was pretty sure 5U was going to get outdated (like it happened with DOA5 -> DOA5U transition), but this is not the case gladly! :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD