DOA6 Leifang and Hitomi Rock the Boat

At the EVO 18 Showdown, Team NINJA released some teaser images of Leifang and Hitomi, and a day before Gamescom kicks off they release the official trailer for the characters and also show us the new pirate ship location titled Forbidden Fortune complete with plenty of environmental damage opportunities. With Dead or Alive 6 information releasing more steadily, it seems like upgrading FSD was a good idea, wouldn't you say?

Leifang and Hitomi begin this trailer with an intro that could be unique to them due to the mimicking of kicks before the fight begins on the top outside area of the ship. The first frame of the fight starts off by showing us that the stern of the pirate ship can catch fire, and right away we see a classic PP2K string from Hitomi that is held by Leifang who then follows up with a 66P that sends Hitomi flying into boxes and a barrel on the port that disturbs an octopus surrounding the ship! The ship falls down a ravine and Hitomi stumbles while Leifang keeps her composure and continues the damage with her 6K string.

The next part of this demo quickly showcases Leifang's fatal-rush combo that sends Hitomi flying through more boxes at the bow of the ship. After that, Hitomi stuns Leifang and uses her break blow (that replaces the power blow mechanic) to bust Lei through the boxes on the starboard, and this irritates the octopus enough to grab Lei with one of its tentacles, squeezing her and then proceeds to smash her into the treasure room with Hitomi unscathed! This is the first multi-tiered stage revealed for DOA6!

On the bottom level of the ship, Lei parries Hitomi's 3KP sting and follows up with her famous Ren-Taiko-Chogyo chained Offensive Hold, then her 66T OH into explosive damage which Hitomi also demonstrates with her wall throw, before that using the new 3PK. The next clip shows us Hitomi's returning Fujin punch that knocks Lei into explosive damage that sends her into the air allowing Hitomi to deliver her forward K string in the now sparkling and treasure filled ship. The demo highlight shows us the rest of the stage with more crazy height damage at a rising gate after Hitomi uses Ein's BT4P, and ends it with 4KPPP after the wall hit.

Leifang gets the closing sequence that shows her break blow before the DOA6 logo ends the video. There is quite a bit to analyse in the minute long video, and this ship brings out everything you would want from a DOA stage and really proves Hayashi's statement of the levels being treated as if they were characters. Leifang's new and fresh design has been praised by the DOA community, including one of the best Leifang players, Black Moon Rising. We may not see a lot of new stuff for Hitomi yet, especially with her early design and default costume, but at least Team Cabbage is officially announced and confirmed for DOA6.

Last edited:
A great trailer, though it is a quick one. I am loving the stage as it has a more “DOA” style dangerzone and with the multiple levels. However, it does seem to have the same DOA5 square shape with the darkness and grity look going on. I am still hoping for bigger, more dynamic layouts with some more color. But it is looking like a fun stage.
Both Lei Fang and Hitomi are looking good. I wish Hitomi had a better reveal outfit and Break Blow, but I get it too.
I hope for some more gameplay from gamescom.

These reveals are taunting me, wish I could hibernate till release date

EDIT: The Kraken is a "natural"ly "mature" octopus, and he's "cool", lol

Last edited:
A couple string changes for Hitomi. 3PK is new, she got Ein's BT4P, and 4KPPPP is shortened to 4KPP (from what I can tell). I didn't notice anything new for Lei Fang beyond the low hold/parry I clearly don't play Lei Fang and obviously the BB and FR (shouldn't really need to say that).

So the explosive barrels are back. :leon::P+K::T: shenanigans with Break Blow resets are going to be nuts. You all have been warned.

Last edited:
A couple string changes for Hitomi. 3PK is new, she got Ein's BT4P, and 4KPPPP is shortened to 4KPP (from what I can tell). I didn't notice anything new for Lei Fang beyond the low hold/parry and obviously the BB and FR (shouldn't really need to say that).

So the explosive barrels are back. :leon::P+K::T: shenanigans with Break Blow resets are going to be nuts. You all have been warned.

Thanks for catching the Ein BT4P. Assumed it was something else because of how the move started in the opening frame. Definitely hope your Leon makes it in for this stage.

I think her outfit is fine. She's had that gi since doa3. I do hope she will have her denim outfit though. Her BB is fantastic imo. It fits her perfectly and the sound has some serious impact to it. Loved it.
Oh I know. I started with 3, with Hitomi. Just I really like Lei Fangs new look here and it makes Hitomi seem kind of stale in comparison. I actually do enjoy her gi though. Just would have rather had something “new.” But Im good with it. Its a classic.
And anything is better than her 5 circus get up, lol, imo.

The character biographies are up for Leifang and Hitomi... and they are very weird, but kind of expected. Looks like Team NINJA is trying to push the romance narrative for both girls... will they finally find love? Find out in DOA6's story mode I guess.

Just a tip for anyone trying to predict what will happen: pay attention the ellipses on the American website as they always like to suggest something.

https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/characters.html

The character biographies are up for Leifang and Hitomi... and they are very weird, but kind of expected. Looks like Team NINJA is trying to push the romance narrative for both girls... will they finally find love? Find out in DOA6's story mode I guess.

Just a tip for anyone trying to predict what will happen: pay attention the ellipses on the American website as they always like to suggest something.

https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/characters.html

Really isn't all that weird for Hitomi. I mean, that's been the narrative since she was introduced.

Lol, "Toning down the fanservice", my ass :p! (I hate those gamefaqs morons...) Team Ninja just had to find an opportunity to add some tentacles + LeiFang eh? Really liking LeiFang's new outfit, much more sporty and less conservative that her usual red Mandarin dress. As for Hitomi, I would have preferred if she debuted in her denim outfit, but she's rockin' dat gi! The blood splats look less gratuitous now also. But, yeah, the new stage looks FANTASTIC so far! Holy crap DOA6 is going to look amazing!

Now, about that... :ayane:.

Really isn't all that weird for Hitomi. I mean, that's been the narrative since she was introduced.

They've shifted so far into Hayate's own thing and he pays so little attention to her that I think it is. I actually think it's more weird for Hitomi because Jann Lee seems more down to earth and is obviously more human. I'm also taking into account the way these biographies are written and hashed out on the site is weird as I did mention in that same comment that it was the expected narrative.

So we got to see another new change to Hitomi in the stream.

214kp now has a downward punch after the quick double punch animation. They used it during a juggle and the downward slam caused the player to bounce off the ground leading to a 236p follow up. I quite like that addition to a string that was kind of meh in doa5. Also, they showed her fatal rush and its pretty awesome. Her break hold has a cool animation too. Looks like a stylish parry animation. I got thrown off by it at first, I thought maybe they changed her punch parry animation or she got a new parry then I saw the text and was like "oh its just the broke hold *sad face* but it looks cool at least lol."

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD