Media Leon Tips and Tricks

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I like your style of combo/setup videos. Informative, to the point and kinda funny.

Pictured Mind

Nice. I saw your Bayman video yesterday. Very interesting stuff.

Also I like the format you're using. At least viewers know what you're actually doing.

DontForkWitMe

great vid only thing i'd add is after knocking an opponent into objects that are near walls a better follow up launcher on light-heavy weight opponents after 3k sitdown is 8ppp, the full string doesn't wall splat and launches high enough for the air grab just not on super heavies where 214p should be used on them

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
great vid only thing i'd add is after knocking an opponent into objects that are near walls a better follow up launcher on light-heavy weight opponents after 3k sitdown is 8ppp, the full string doesn't wall splat and launches high enough for the air grab just not on super heavies where 214p should be used on them
Ah, yeah, that would have been nice to add.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
really fun vid .. great job :)
Thanks. Combo videos are great; however, no one does videos on the mechanics or set ups. I'm just trying to fill that gap.

Thats why I add the note bubbles on my vid for that very reason .. ^^ actually this complements my vid alot. :)

one more thing ...
8PP is a natural combo even on normal hit ;)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
really fun vid .. great job :)

Thats why I add the note bubbles on my vid for that very reason .. ^^ actually this complements my vid alot. :)

one more thing ...
8PP is a natural combo even on normal hit ;)
I thought it needed the sit down on CH. Hmm. I trust ya though.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Nice job.

Have a couple of things to add (that are not in the other thread).

Observe opponent's behavior in regards to teching throws and responses they have after teching. For example, if an opponent does not tech a 6T, quick dash in and ground throw them. If they tech 6T and try to attack immediately after teching, 8K them if they do standing strikes, 3K if they like the crushes for the sit down. If they tech and back away guarding, try running/46P for frame advantage or his tackle (OH) for their panic strikes. If they hold after teching, Desert Falcon.

If they do not tech a 4T you have a guaranteed 2T. If they do tech it you can apply similar techniques to the 6T teching except this time they are at a much closer range and makes it easier to get his tackle in.

Edit: Take care when doing the 33P 7P combo from a small distance away from opponent, at range the 7P is able to be held.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Also, there was one setup a while back, if you set yourself at a slight distance after a knockdown ... full charge P+K becomes super viable vs wakeup attacks ... it was mentioned early days in the Leon forum ..
thats always fun .. :p

same can be done with his 6P+K slap vs people who techroll ... by the time they get up the unblockable frames hit them smack in the face ... lol

Kronin

Great video, very informative and clear, definitely a must for a Leon's player: thanks so much for your work @Sly_Bass! =)

Would be nice to start to create a series of videos about the tips for each characters ;)

Lulu

Just saw the video......
:eek: Scary Indeed !!!

Also could somebody be a dear and sticky this thread....... I think its earned that much atleast. :oops:

Grimace

Maybe you could try contributing some information instead of bringing back a thread from a year ago.

If they wanted to sticky it, it would have been a year ago.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD