DOA5LR "Lets Go !!!" Mila's Tackle, Feint and Backstep Cancelling Breakdown.

Lulu

Introduction.
First of All... if you're completely new to this adorable MMA Practicioner then here you go:
and you're welcome ;).

Mila's cancels are pretty straight forward really, she doesn't get positive frames on block like Sarah and Rig and she's not a Frame Shaving Monster like Zack, so for the most part you'l be using them for mix ups.
:mila:
The "Recovery Difference" refers to how many frames are gained or lost when using the cancelled moves. Positive numbers means she recovers faster. Negative numbers means she recovered slower.

Tackle.
This is abit unorthodox, usually attacks cancel into other attacks. But Mila cancels into an Offensive Hold which I have little experience testing with so the best I could do is get the Start Up Frames it takes for the Tackle to go active. On the bright side, she is in a crouching state when she goes for the tackle so high attacks go right over her head.

:6::6::H+P: i21
This will be the default way of performing the Tackle, its pretty fast.... but just because she's crouching it doesn't mean you can Tackle Crouching opponents, Rules are Rules.

:3::K::5::H+P: i19
Now it seems like this might be a faster way of performing the Tackle but I'm not entirely sure... perhaps thats just the start up of the tackle after canceling the kick which may or may not have a start up of its own not included into the move details, if its a just frame cancel then it is faster.

SS:H+P: i33
That number may not be accurate... thats just the fastest I was able to do it and I had to change the side step input to get it to work. Anyway, this one is pretty awesome, first it avoids all linear attacks and then when the tackle begins it avoids highs

:1::H+K::5::H+P: i20
Backstepping into the Tackle is not a bad idea at all, although it maybe abit telegraphed, luckily there's a solution to that. I do believe the start up does account for the backstep aswell.

:P::P::4::P::K::5::H+P: i25
:P::P::4::P::1::K::5::H+P: i20
:P::P::6::K::5::H+P: i25
:4::P::K::5::H+P: i25
:4::P::1::K::5::H+P: i20
:7::P::5::H+P: i23
:7::P::1::K::5::H+P: i20
:4::K::5::H+P: i21
:3::K::5::H+P: i25

As you can see, Mila mostly uses her kicks to cancel into the Tackle, and its always the same two kicks,:3::K: and :1::H+K:.... but the kick doesn't actually come out the only exception being :4::K:.... and :7::P: is the only punch Mila can cancel into the tackle from.

Feint.
Now this part is awesome, I consider Mila's Feint to be a stance if sorts. All though Zack has better numbers in his Ducking Stance, Mila's Feint is still a force to be reckoned with.

:6::6::H+P::5::h: i16
:3::K::5::H+P::5::h: i29
SS:H+P::5::h: i19
:1::H+K::5::H+P: i16

1.:P::P::4::P::P::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-20/+10)
Recovery Difference: -8
2.:P::P::4::P::K::5::H+P::5::h:
3.:P::P::4::P::1::K::5::H+P::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-39/-9)
Recovery Difference: -27
4.:P::P::6::K::5::H+P::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-35/-35)
Recovery Difference: -28
5.:8::P::P::P::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-9/+9)
Recovery Difference: +1
6.:7::P::5::H+P::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-12/+2)
Recovery Difference: -1
7.:7::P::P::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-7/+7)
Recovery Difference: +4
8.:4::P::P::h:
9.:4::P::K::5::H+P::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-37/-7)
Recovery Difference: -25
10.:4::P::1::K::5::H+P::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-39/-9)
Recovery Difference: -27
11.:4::K::5::H+P::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-11/+0)
Recovery Difference: -5
12.:2::K::P::P::P::h:
13.:1::H+K::P::P::P::h:

Mila's Feint comes out faster if you use the strings that inherently have the Feint in them, these are punch strings. Entering the feint by cancelling the tackle does make it come out slower but its still has its uses.

Backstep.
The backstep is kinda sorta interesting, as far as I can tell its primary purpose is to evade Jabs, however she can evade neutral throws as well, it is however sort of weak to Command Throws.
:1::H+K::5::h: i15
The Backstep by itself is isn't all that useful, its actually faster to Free Step Backwards. I suppose you could use it to as a fake out after you've used its other options for conditioning.
1.:P::P::4::P::1::K::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-21/+9)
Recovery Difference: -9
2.:7::P::1::K::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-7/+7)
Recovery Difference: +4
3.:4::P::1::K::5::h:
(Dis)Advantage On Block/On Hit: (-21/+9)
Recovery Difference: -9

Conclusion.
If you spot any mistakes please let me know, I'l make corrections and updates as soon as I can. Also if you have any media to contribute relating to the above strategies then send me a link and I'l put it up there.

Last edited:

Kuga

Oh 1K+GG is useful Lulu. Remember that Mila is setup heavy character. This feint by itself may not look so good but with little creativity it can be great too.

Spacing example.
So lets presume you want to get out out of rising kick range and you, like me, suck at continuos KBD. What you do is 44214,1K+GG and its done.

Forcing whiff and punisment example:
Lets say you do 4K at close-mid distance and it's blocked. Doing 1K+GG here will cause enemy's quick pokes (ie. Kasumi's 3P, elbows and things like that) to whiff and you can punish them.
Or another one - Mila's K+G gives -1 on block so if 10/12/12 char wants to get back initiative and be sure to interrupt Mila's next move he will have to use 2P that will duck under hers P, and hit before her 6P hit's them. In this situation 1K+GG will evade it and allow Mila to punish it with 2T.

Mindgames'fucks example:
66P on block gives great adv. and anyone who knows that will be defending further. But youre not frame trapping this time but instead go for 1K+G and mix it with cancel. Most players automaticaly duck to block or hold low but with feint you can either throw them, or use stuff like 3K, 4K, 3P that give great stun on crouching enemy.

Those are just first examples that came to my mind. You know as good as me that Mila's not simple stun->launch Momiji type of character. In my opinion she's much less oppurtunist and much more, as i mentioned, setup heavy character. And as far as the rule goes - every tool in arsenal of such character has it's practical use. 1K+G is perfect example of that since move itself is a gimmick - everybody knows how to defend aganist it. Without cancel it would be mostly useless, but the cancel is here, and for a reason:).

Last edited:

Giannola

Thank you for taking the time to put this together. It's very detailed and well thought out, great job.

One small thing:
12.:2::K::P::P::P::P::h:

To my knowledge there's only 3 punches in this string, not four.​

Lulu

@Kuga I wish I had a real player to test this stuff on. Because nothing Works on the AI.

@Giannola well the :h: is suppose to stop the 4th Punch from popping out right ?

I actually don't remember so I'll have to go back and check. Thanks for the Headsup ;)

Kuga

Frames do not lie. Mathemathics is the only thing that will not lie to you. All stuff can be easily checked in Training with right settings. With alive enemy its not always this simple because first you must to learn how every player reacts in given situation and then adjust your options to that reaction or in some cases you can manipulate and force enemy to start reacting how you want him to react. AI however abides to no rules from PvP since he knows how to defend aganist your setup from the moment you push the button. It's like playing with alive oponent and saying out loud what you will do next so he may prepare for it and act in right way. You can find a hole in coding and exploit it to nail an easy win with primitive pattern - this however will never work well aganist thinking human. No golden way to go around it:(.

Lulu

LoL... maybe TN needs to invest in a Fighter-tar just like Forza 5's Divertar.

Lulu

LoL... I'm guessing you didn't get caught up on the ridiculous XBox One Hype back during its pe-release press conference... The "Drivertar" is a feature in Forza Motorsport 5 that records your performance data as you drive ineach track in the game, then using the legendary "Cloud" Servers, they will then use that Data to program and reprogram the Opposing and Co-Operative AI's to drive the way real people do, and if you let it, Your own personqal AI will Drivertar AI will go online and Race against your friends on your behalf whenever you're unavailable.

Kuga

Oh i get it now:). Actually Virtua Fighter from 4 have something like this. In game there are AI versions of Chibita, Homestay Akira, Kyasao and other VF-Gods based on their actual gameplay, their patterns, stuff they use etc. It's great...on paper. These AIs can play really well but again there's ALWAYS is an exploit that allow to win aganist them by using 1, 2 moves over and over. I can't imagine real Homestay A would lose to repeated 3K all round.

Still there is no such thing as AI since everything is preprogramed. AI would think for itself while what were dealing with is just VI that operates on advanced variation of simple if->then.

In racing titles the best AI would be...downloading Ghosts of other players with their best times on stage since it's just a playback of player's run. For a fighting game - this is impossible and we must deal with crap:).

Giannola

well the :h: is suppose to stop the 4th Punch from popping out right ?

I actually don't remember so I'll have to go back and check. Thanks for the Headsup ;)

Stops the third p from coming out. exactly the same as her :1::H+K::P::P::P::h: string (which you have posted). Pretty sure you just got carried away with the :P: emotes, who wouldn't? ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD