"Let's Move!" The Lisa Video Thread!

KING JAIMY

Haha, thanks for the tips guys! Throw punishment is a funny thing, I find that newer players almost never throw punish no matter how unsafe I say something is lol. I think throw punishment just feels unintuitive to most players. He has a VF background so he's accustomed to throws being used in setups.

He did use 1PP too much, which is interesting considering that he used to do 1PKK a lot (which I generally punished him for, though is a much better string than 1PP).

To be fair 236K is a good poke, and BT4P+K is a perfectly fine BT'ed option (I told him how good BT4P+K is). Thanks for the additional tips though. He doesn't keep his mix-up game at a basic level. But yeah, if you whiff 236K, I could punish him heavily for it, though I was mostly focusing on seeing how much reach 236K has. 3K4 is another good poke that I recommended to him.

I think he was using 4PKK for its consistency. 7K6~CAR P+K would be the next technique to add to his repertoire! He does attempt the air throw sometimes.

I definitely agree that Lisa's throw game is heavily underrated. Do not underestimate how potent it is to have i4, i6 and i8 grabs. In his case, he loves Deja Vu lol. :cool:
You're welcome! Hope your friend gets better at the game as time passes.

Tones

Premium Donor
Just get you buddy to work on some more tools, so far he's really only got his BT 4p+k to punish a baited whiff. Just get him to find 2 more things to play around with.

Close in he's better off using pp4 BT1p. BT 1p 6pp stuns to CB if they don'y slow escape, if they do slow escape it's good get off me move that's hard to read. It will always land so long you don't get predictable.

IMO what to get him to work on...
Getting him to play around with CAR from 1k+f6 7k4 will expand his game quite a bit. As it will force him to play around with distance fainting and 50/50s
The mix up between 1k1k and 1k5k will give him the idea about delays, 50/50s, limit their ability to side step during 50/50s and the ability for him find out more to that tool (don't tell him about the 1k5kk 1k5kp+h mix up and if he reads it here hopefully he'll get the idea to dig himself for answers).

Get him to work on only those for at least 1-2 weeks before he works on anything else.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
7K6 & 4H+K6 actually are great moves to integrate into his playstyle. BT4P+K is a great move too, but yeah it can only get you so far after a while. The way how he was learning was by working with a few moves to get him accustomed to how Lisa plays. What do you think of using 7K6 as a good entry into CAR?

Tones

Premium Donor
Good at mid distance (the distance your guys first starts using 236k4 4p+k) as it baits whiffs and straight away puts them in the defence. Talk talk talk talk talk, too much talk, he just needs to play around and do for a bit. After he works on it a bit I wanna see how another vid.

akhi216

Standard Donor
What do you think of using 7K6 as a good entry into CAR?
It is as great as any of Lisa's other moves that can be canceled into CAR. It all depends on what approach he wants to make. I noticed that he was having a bit of trouble figuring out how to approach you Momiji when you were turtling quite a lot. Here he should have done CAR feints to try to open you up a bit, I mean try things like 7K6, 1h+k6, 4h+k6, and 7P6 while feinting in closer and further away - he could mix the CAR feints up with 8P (BT) if he sees an opportunity to start BT shenanigans, or 9P. Also while doing CAR feints he may want to use 7P during CAR if his situation calls for a priority in spacing, and if he 'knows' that a low attack is coming from his opponent he should use 9K early to open up a stun game.

Tones

Premium Donor
Looks like he didn't know what he was doing far off. Get him to use CAR more. It brings out an aggressiveness. Get him to watch the youtube video above your post. Spacing is just about GTFOing

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Looks like he didn't know what he was doing far off. Get him to use CAR more. It brings out an aggressiveness. Get him to watch the youtube video above your post. Spacing is just about GTFOing

Hmm... Sounds like a good idea. He was experimenting with 9K due to the great properties on hit. I've recommended him to look at utilizing 7K6. He likes to try attempting spacing and footsies. But yeah, he could utilize CAR more. Thanks for the feedback.

Tones

Premium Donor
The whole reason to play footsies is to fuck with momentum and distancing. Staying at a distance by itself achieves and only going 9k nothing else does nothing. It's lacks the element of when it whiffs.

Something he can add to his 9k game is to just just whiff 2p and play the stun game or just whiff and go her kk(k/p) game or just whiff and go her pk(k/throw) game. If the 9k hit, quick launch for cheap damage or work for CB.

When that gets put in his game, going 9k and GTFOing has more of a reason.

Tones

Premium Donor
Yo Gruff, that was sick.

Tought matches man. Any comments on your performance, what you could of done different?

I noticed the Jan Lee was a lot more defensive than the other players which forced you to open up a little more.

Last edited:

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Yo Gruff, that was sick.

Tought matches man. Any comments on your performance, what you could of done different?

I noticed the Jan Lee was a lot more defensive than the other players which forced you to open up a little more.

Match 1: I did a LOT of panic holding and I attacked from disadvantage too often. Plus a lot of bad whiffing on my part that had me taking way more damage that could have led me to lose. Had I not stopped getting hit by every dragon gunner, I would have been toast. Then there's all of those failed 9k setups that were clearly not working. My mixup game is pretty bad with Lisa, which is bad since she is a character that relies on mixups and tricks. My spacing with her is what pretty much saves me

Match 2: Ehhh not too much to complain about here, just a bit of panic holding and a few missed punishes

Match 3: Maaaaan......I guess you could say I choked after barely clutching that first match against Alan Paris. He pretty much got into my head. I was attacking out of disadvantage a lot, and I got ahead of myself when trying to scope out free cancels. I just played really sloppy on that match. I was also pretty shaken up about the two round one throws which made me really cautious about the start of rounds.

Last edited:

Gruff757

Standard Donor
@Gruff757 You reckon there's any drills for training you can put together to improve that?

I honestly haven't the slightest idea. I am still pretty much just on the above average spectrum, trying to learn how to actually be better at the game itself.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD