"Let's Move!" The Lisa Video Thread!

ailingeternity

Here's Vol.1 of my Lisa series. It encompasses her optimum damage juggles for ALL weight classes.

Couldn't include wall juggles due to time constraints with Youtube but I'll do those another time.

When I get a HD tv I will be re-uploading it with better quality.

EDIT: For those wondering about Welterweight juggles (:leifang:and:pai:) they are EXACTLY the same as Lightweight juggles (:kasumi:and:ayane:) I'm debating whether to re-upload the video just incase people question it...

Last edited:

ailingeternity

The timing on juggles like CH 33P, 7K6, T and CH P+K, 7K6, T always stump me, how exactly do you time those?

I always seem to get them randomly after like 10000000000000000000 tries
The two key factors in landing her air grab are height and distance, after :7::K::6: it's important to be able to judge the right amount of height needed to land the grab but you have to run far enough during Carrera to get close enough to land it, practice makes perfect you'll get the hang of it eventually it's much harder to do it now than it was in vanilla unfortunately.

Last edited:

Tones

Premium Donor
I use the distance between the characters and rhythm to pull it off consistently. DUM DAAH DUM and press it before you think it's gonna land. It's easier to judge the distance with the larger characters.

I do have to spend a bit of time practicing it before comps to be able to use it.

ailingeternity

Here is Vol.2 guys. This goes through Lisa's wall juggles (invisible walls and wall bounds are not included since they are stage situational and will be showcased in a later episode) and her dangerzone juggles.

Next video is her CB setups.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
I am trying to use Lisa in a new way. More of mind games I think. Going in and out of stances and confusing the foe. :)

That's some pretty solid stuff, @AkaShocka. It reminded me a little of how the Ayane players will use all that spinning to catch your eye and induce hesitation. I think you're on to something. Keep it up!

AkaShocka

That's some pretty solid stuff, @AkaShocka. It reminded me a little of how the Ayane players will use all that spinning to catch your eye and induce hesitation. I think you're on to something. Keep it up!
Can you believe I was being a fool thinking i was gonna drop her? Silly me. Lisa is too great to drop!

ailingeternity

Part 3 is here guys! This one was finished a little later than intended, tried a few new editing methods, also overall quality is better than the previous videos, they shouldn't be as poor as before.

This video goes into her inescapable launcher and critical burst setups, from this video you'll get to see a little more of what Lisa is capable of once she lands critical stuns and what mixups she's capable of using to achieve launch/cb.

synce

Sweet combos, I didn't know you could chain 3 of those flips like that, and yet our results are similar... Rachel is a great assist and Pai sucks the most ass :p Also thanks for not bringing attention to a certain something that certain people might ask to be nerfed

ailingeternity

From a power launcher you can get :7::K: in 5 times but it's resulting juggle height doesn't allow many characters to benefit much from it, it's not too difficult to pull off too.

Lisa's more notable pairings are Hitomi, Bass, Hayate, Leon, Leifang and Zack mainly because there are many situations where she gets guaranteed critical burst combos just from doing something so silly as :4::4::h::+::P: and :h::+::K:/:4::P::6::K:. She also deals colossal damage with Rachel (who is quite possibly the best tag partner in the game), Ryu (Who has unbelievably good relaunchers, CR :4::K: in particular) and Tina (Who offers great damage without the use of CB because of her air grabs).

Lesser pairings are without a doubt Pai and Marie Rose because of their poor damage and relaunch options but the worst offenders are Eliot, Akira and Kokoro. Akira, despite his difficult execution offers only moderate damage output. Kokoro and Eliot just lack damage the worst of both being Kokoro, there is a bug that causes :3::P::P::P:, her best re-launcher in tag to register as :3_::P::P: instead the instant she is tagged in, which unfortunately forces a delay in juggle time before she can use it.

Other notable mentions are Momiji who easily has the best tag relauncher (:6::P::K::K:/:6::K::K:) and Ein (Who also has 1 guaranteed CB combo with Lisa).

Gruff757

Standard Donor

Not too sure how I feel about my performance overall....I see improvements, but I also notice a lot of dumb mistakes I REALLY need to fix.

Something-Unique

You'd get a lot further if u punished. For example the last match u posted. I remember it explicitly. The round with back to back 3H+K's was kind of a troll cause I knew u wouldn't punish it. You did a lot better than usual though which is good

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD