Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope -R-

I've some to the conclusion that if NiCO's hair weren't that horrible platinum cyan color, she might be tolerable. Maybe black, or a red-head. But, as is, every time I look at her, I involuntarily cringe. TO THE PHOTOSHOP!

Well, not now. But, maybe eventually.

Last edited:

jellypvdding

after rewatching the trailer a couple of times since yestersay's live stream:

i like nico's design. she's serving turquoise loving evil scientist realnesss. she said: "science lab clothing safety regulations who? as long as most of my hands, arms and legs are covered i'm turning this look out because i came to what? that's right, werk. clock the glasses, molecule hairclip and ID access card honey". haha.

la mariposa has returned! but wait, those feathers... that beak... this must be her new alter ego, la gallina! :-D

and kokoro was there too wearing something different, next. ;-P

anyways, it's impressive how informed y'all are on this thread. shweet. y'all know if there's more new characters to gas up or is it just the rest of the crew left until 2019?

Macca Beam

That was when I first started DOA so I didn't look at or even considered the details you are describing. I just needed something obvious to learn who was who. For example, Ayane is the purple hair ninja, Kasumi is the brown hair ninja in blue, Mila has red hair, etc. DOA5 was the first and only game where I had an issue differentiating characters from one another. Now that I think about it I'm surprised that the issue can even exist.
yep, characters in this series aren't very varied in terms of personality, occupation AND face. it just turns into a big blur eventually.
and if you're using color to distinguish them, it's no surprising that a game that toned down the colors is giving you trouble. don't get me started on 6 making hitomi's hair almost black for some reason. NOW i'm gonna have trouble telling her from kokoro for sure.

People have their own views about their games. Some people think Honoka and Marie were too out there and didn't fit DOA. I just saw them as some good looking females being added to a game that has been doing exactly that for a while. I didn't want a blonde loli and a schoolgirl but it wasn't strange at all for them to be added. Also, contradictions are just a part of fighting games.
yeah. well, with utmost respect, those people have brain problems. we had two schoolgirls acting cutesy and hopping around before. i think you have the right idea of what's going on here. the DOA formula is simple

character = conventionally attractive design/trope (+ big tits) + fighting style

and that's not what they've been doing "for a while", either. itagaki dug the series' own grave by not only sticking to the formula from the start, but making the part in the parentheses mandatory for every goddamn character by giving all of them kasumi's body. years, decades of this have induced severe brain rot in people who are content with more of the same. until ultimate arcade dropped a nuclear bomb that caused the world to go apeshit in different ways, ranging from "why is this not following the formula?" to "oh this series is doing something new for once" from the neighboring communities.

interestingly, after a time of "it's too different!" people's schtick has changed a little. now SIMILAR is bad! let's take a look at the new bitch

not a schoolgirl/ninja, but a scientist
not an authentic martial arts practitioner
not a hair color that's been used before
not a body type that's been used before
...wait
"d-d-dude the trailer says she's EIGHTEEN!!!!1111!!!! i saw this number a few times before how dare them!!!!1!1"
just shut the fuck up man

other fighting games don't have much of this issue. why? because they didn't cripple their own variety and establish a strict formula from the get go. you can safely introduce any new character without inciting a shitstorm, aside from a few incidents pointed out by Xhominid which are more like spontaneous mass stupidity (or just a bunch of angry waifufags) than anything.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
NiCO might not be a natural blue but I actually like them doing something else with the hair colors, NiCO’s face might be like Marie’s but in general NiCO is original, everyone that joined after Marie Rose weren’t original. Nyo was a copy of Bankutsubo, Phase a copy of Kasumi, Honoka a copy of Honoka of love love and the rest of the DOA Cast. If NiCO wasn’t a 18 year old Loli I guess people would’ve liked her more. NiCO really doesn’t deserve the backlash since she’s actually really cool.
Btw why did they change Lisa’s age to unknown? Like we didn’t know she was 23.

she's serving turquoise loving evil scientist realnesss. she said: "science lab clothing safety regulations who? as long as most of my hands, arms and legs are covered i'm turning this look out because i came to what? that's right, werk. clock the glasses, molecule hairclip and ID access card honey". haha.
This made me laugh, I love your post.

Where did I insult you in that post? The fact you found that post insulting means that you find that being called a pervert is insulting... but considering how you consistently keep bringing up breast size in every other post, you MUST be a pervert. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
It was more for insult Otakus and fans of the fanservice of the series.
You know those people who are being supporting this series as much as you all this time, I mean woha you insulted some lifetime fans because they are angry for the less sexy characters.

The worst thing is than Aparently TN in some way still care of those fans, just look the last DOAFEST.
For some wierd reason you think you are better than others fans, that is why you keep insulting them.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
It was more for insult Otakus and fans of the fanservice of the series.
You know those people who are being supporting this series as much as you all this time, I mean woha you insulted some lifetime fans because they are angry for the less sexy characters.

The worst thing is than Aparently TN in some way still care of those fans, just look the last DOAFEST.
For some wierd reason you think you are better than others fans, that is why you keep insulting them.
Cool!

Complaining because bosoms aren't big enough for you is still a bad look. It always will be. That's nothing to do with anyone here insulting you or bashing on you. It's just a bit weird. =x Call your mom and tell her you're upset that Team Ninja isn't giving all of the girls huge honkers and listen to her reaction.

Anyway.

Lisa's redesign has filled my hype meter to burst. I literally just want to go into hibernation until February.

just_me

Standard Donor
I mean woha you insulted some lifetime fans because they are angry for the less sexy characters.

Nah… nobody gets insulted just because they like fanservice… people primarily make fun of you and the rest since you are tilting at windmills for months now.

Edit: Forgot the actual reason I looked at this thread…
So the official site also confirms that Miyabi and Hidden Garden are connected in the stage section

“There's a steep hillside hidden by a bamboo thicket, and if you push your opponent towards it just right...”
“... they will crash right through and land on a secluded spot, surrounded by autumn-colored trees and a small pond.”

wonder why Miyabi wasn't available in the build. Maybe it had a bug with the stage transition or something.

Last edited:

RetroMe91

So they could just do dlc the way Senran Kagura and Tekken do dlc now with the closet. They could start selling generic costumes that specific/all females get (males too of course) in addition to character specific costumes. That would make the Christmas/Valentines/Seasonal/Fetish costumes easier. If they give you 3 different color palettes (ie Santa Dress in Red, Black, and Green) and you got to select the one you like best for each character. Most of the female only costumes were just 3 base designs tweaked slightly to be “unique” for each of the girls.

Macca Beam

If NiCO was my ideal girlfriend I've concocted in my head and been worshiping since the day they announced the existence of a new character I guess people would’ve liked her more.
let's just cut straight to the point.

though i just checked the trailer and the bar was tilting pretty heavily toward the "like" side, so it's just another case of the noisy minority making their presence overwhelming.
but after a very long time of being the butt of the joke and "that one fighting game" i think some people have also legit taken "a-a-a-at least i don't deal with the young looking ones like a good boy" as a defense mechanism against outside critics.

now the most eyebrow raising part is how frivolous the word loli is being thrown around.
if that bust size is a loli, then Aoi from Virtua Fighter is a loli
if that body frame is a loli, then my 50 year old aunt is a loli

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Call your mom and tell her you're upset that Team Ninja isn't giving all of the girls huge honkers and listen to her reaction.

That's actually a great metric to judge if ones complaint is warranted or insane. If you have some complaint about your favorite game, ask yourself: Can I call my mom to complain about it...and what would she say?

1) Lack of navels:
Yeah, I can see us discussing missing navels and her totally agreeing with me that there definitely should be navels on human game characters. :)

2) Lack of (even though there is no lack of) huuuge, bouncing honkers:
Nah, that would be slightly awkward.

Funnily enough my mom was always very supportive and involved in my hobbies, also gaming. She knows the DOA series, and that I am a big fan for a long time. Back then she also bought me the first DOAX game and she joked that she felt slightly weird at the counter buying it, lol.
When I won the first costume contest and among other things TN was so generous to send me that Marie Rose blanket and I showed it to her, she loved it and how pretty and cute Marie was, lol. When I explained to her why they designed her like that and why she was on a blanket in the first place, she was like...

giphy-2-1.gif

Last edited:

Truth

not a schoolgirl/ninja, but a scientist
not an authentic martial arts practitioner
not a hair color that's been used before
not a body type that's been used before
...wait
"d-d-dude the trailer says she's EIGHTEEN!!!!1111!!!! i saw this number a few times before how dare them!!!!1!1"
just shut the fuck up man
it doesn’t be matter if she’s a ninja, school girl, or martial arts practitioner. She’s still a petite teenage loli, and all the other bells and whistles like her blue hair and futuristic costumes doesn’t come off as anything other than a generic loli in fetishy cosplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD