Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blash

I think everyone deserves a c1 redesign. So far everyone is getting one essentially. If they are going to change Kasumi’s c1, then they will change practically everyone’s c1.

I'm 100% in favour of this, cos' we know we will see the other outfits as unlocks/dlc.
Unfortunately, cos of Jann Lee and Zack, I would say most C1's are gonna be very similar, if not the exact same to the last few iterations!

Leifang

I want Leifang to be more elegant and graceful like she was DOA2 and 3. Another thing, show her going to college and her wealthy side, like Lili from the Tekken series. Also they need to do something with her heroic side. In DOA3 Leifang rescued a little boy from a group of thugs and in DOA4 she recused a man from Bass. This could easily make her a law enforcement sense she have the strong need to help others who cannot help themselves. Last and not least, make Jann Lee and Leifang a couple. We already know how thirsty they are for each other, so quenches their thirst.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Since they so far seem to go with the characters' DOA5 looks I still hope that they will give Eliot his second a bit unruly hair style as his default hair style and not again that ugly, low resolution conehead. This just looks bad and as if he's hatching something underneath there. D:

conehead.jpg

Hayabusiness

Since they so far seem to go with the characters' DOA5 looks I still hope that they will give Eliot his second a bit unruly hair style as his default hair style and not again that ugly, low resolution conehead. This just looks bad and as if he's hatching something underneath there. D:

View attachment 25183

He is hiding a fivehead underneath that hair... Leave that stuff to Capcom (not the SFV people though blorf).

His hair was nice in DOA4. Wish they tried to recreate that one instead of this Bieber-looking cut (Unless it was the same haircut except with not shit grafix....).

Since they are keeping a lot of DOA5 stuff though I'll assume they might keep it and even keep his main outfit...o_O but that doesn't seem to be the case for all the characters, who knows. Well, here's hoping his cool DOA4 c1 will be back with its long sleeves and whatnot.

Brad Wong could get a makeover and use his elegant outfit as a C1, although I dount TN will make him less of a slob... For being a drunken master he sure doesn't give off ANY impression of being brilliant genius since DOA... Either 4 or 5, tbh.

And in regards to Gen Fu... I want him in vanilla I don't care what people say:cool:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
He is hiding a fivehead underneath that hair... Leave that stuff to Capcom (not the SFV people though blorf).

His hair was nice in DOA4. Wish they tried to recreate that one instead of this Bieber-looking cut (Unless it was the same haircut except with not shit grafix....).

Since they are keeping a lot of DOA5 stuff though I'll assume they might keep it and even keep his main outfit...o_O but that doesn't seem to be the case for all the characters, who knows. Well, here's hoping his cool DOA4 c1 will be back with its long sleeves and whatnot.

Brad Wong could get a makeover and use his elegant outfit as a C1, although I dount TN will make him less of a slob... For being a drunken master he sure doesn't give off ANY impression of being brilliant genius since DOA... Either 4 or 5, tbh.

And in regards to Gen Fu... I want him in vanilla I don't care what people say:cool:
There's nothing wrong with his hair imo XD the game was developed using ps3 assets and DOA5 had terrible hair for the most part so of course his hair was gonna look bad and low res, especially on ps4 since its a ps3 game running on a ps4 port. I'm sure they'll fix all that in DOA6 tho since I noticed Kasumi's hair actually moves like it has weight this time around instead of flowing like a peacock feather in the breeze

Tbh I hope they improve textures all around and remove that silly transparent feature from the hair since real hair isn't that see through or thin to begin with. I hope Kasumi's hair looks long and close to DOA4 length when she wears it down, and Eliot I hope they keep his new straighter hair but just better animate it and make it actually look like it's from a ps4 game. Phase 4 I just want with shorter hair tbh

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
There's nothing wrong with his hair imo XD the game was developed using ps3 assets and DOA5 had terrible hair for the most part so of course his hair was gonna look bad and low res, especially on ps4 since its a ps3 game running on a ps4 port. I'm sure they'll fix all that in DOA6 tho since I noticed Kasumi's hair actually moves like it has weight this time around instead of flowing like a peacock feather in the breeze

Tbh I hope they improve textures all around and remove that silly transparent feature from the hair since real hair isn't that see through or thin to begin with. I hope Kasumi's hair looks long and close to DOA4 length when she wears it down, and Eliot I hope they keep his new straighter hair but just better animate it and make it actually look like it's from a ps4 game. Phase 4 I just want with shorter hair tbh
I just want to see Phase 4 break through MIST's hold on her and watch her emotionally/mentally evolve into a brand new being. She can make her own name and hunt down MIST/Donovan on her own to make sure they never create a being that has to go through the trauma she has. See the Ninjas offer her a place with them and she's like "Nope." and lives her life how she wants to after everything is done.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I just want to see Phase 4 break through MIST's hold on her and watch her emotionally/mentally evolve into a brand new being. She can make her own name and hunt down MIST/Donovan on her own to make sure they never create a being that has to go through the trauma she has. See the Ninjas offer her a place with them and she's like "Nope." and lives her life how she wants to after everything is done.
I would love that! She'll probably still act the same in the base game tho unless they switch her up for the story since she really doesn't have much of a new personality in DOA5 since she's a DLC character xD

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I would love that! She'll probably still act the same in the base game tho unless they switch her up for the story since she really doesn't have much of a new personality in DOA5 since she's a DLC character xD
Wellllllll there's enough in 5 to go off of if you connect the dots.

She was shown in the story mode long before she was ever released as DLC unwillingly slaying Bayman's troops and giving him his scar. Presumably that's the Phase 4 we play as in LR. We can assume the laboratory she was created in was the one destroyed at the end of DOA 5. They could even tie Lisa in with her story (Assuming they haven't written her out of the games, which I doubt they have, they never answered any questions about her). Why was Lisa at the lab at the end of the story? She seemed oblivious to the fact that Hayate was there. Maybe she was there because of whatever unknown she works for sending her in as a double agent to relinquish MIST's programming on Phase 4? It would explain why she doesn't offer much resistance and is actually willing to help the Ninja out in their mission and even pleads for them to destroy the final Alpha.

If Phase 4 in DOA 6 is free from MIST's control she could cut her hair and turn it black in rebellion of MIST programming her as a replica of Kasumi. She could have a vindictive goal towards MIST reflecting as an aggressive but good personality as a fighter. Instead of "I don't want to hurt you... But I will." Something like "There is something I must do... I won't let you stand in my way!"

KwonJigglypuff

Hitomi and Lei Fang should have more mature designs and personalities.

Kokoro could have a darker personality, and her DOAD hair should come back.

Tina, Mila and Lisa should have abs definition and be marketed as "Zack's Muscled Angels".

Christie should have an entirely new suit, something that says "I'm gonna take Donovan down and be the queen".

I'd like Phase-4 to have white hair.

zQyVra5.jpg

And I would love them to improve Helena's ponytail if they still can. :(

Hayabusiness

There's nothing wrong with his hair imo XD the game was developed using ps3 assets and DOA5 had terrible hair for the most part so of course his hair was gonna look bad and low res, especially on ps4 since its a ps3 game running on a ps4 port.
I'm not talking about the technical aspect or anything (in fact I haven't even played DOA5 on PS4, I still own the Ultimate physical release), I just think his haircut looks bad and makes his forehead and cranium look unnaturally long, that's all.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not talking about the technical aspect or anything (in fact I haven't even played DOA5 on PS4, I still own the Ultimate physical release), I just think his haircut looks bad and makes his forehead and cranium look unnaturally long, that's all.
Uh that IS what I meant, technical aspect IS why his hair looks bad XD and tbh I think his default is better than his alternate imo, it suits him better imo

Jadeinchains

I mean...his alternate hair style is definitely much more what is actually a popular British male hairstyle tbh. Anyway I'd have to vote for his alternate personally, Don't have a massive problem with his default just prefer the alt. Speaking of hairstyles I wonder If the girls that got more alts in VV will have them in DOA6? For those that don't know -

Marie got a ponytail
Kasumi got a low pony
Momiji got a side pony

And yeah If phase 4 is back which I can only imagine she will be since she's important to the story it would be interesting to see her do something to her hair or something to have a different look from Kasumi.

Hayabusiness

Uh that IS what I meant, technical aspect IS why his hair looks bad XD and tbh I think his default is better than his alternate imo, it suits him better imo

No, even if his hair had textures from the year 205X I think his hyueg cone head would look weird for a game like DOA5, which has that art style that mixes anime and realism but doesn't exaggerate or stylizes proportions like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry 4.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I mean...his alternate hair style is definitely much more what is actually a popular British male hairstyle tbh. Anyway I'd have to vote for his alternate personally, Don't have a massive problem with his default just prefer the alt. Speaking of hairstyles I wonder If the girls that got more alts in VV will have them in DOA6? For those that don't know -

Marie got a ponytail
Kasumi got a low pony
Momiji got a side pony

And yeah If phase 4 is back which I can only imagine she will be since she's important to the story it would be interesting to see her do something to her hair or something to have a different look from Kasumi.
I can vouch for that since Grunt has a style similar to eliot tbh xD even tho if I had straight blond hair I would get a hime cut or a style similar to Kuja xD
No, even if his hair had textures from the year 205X I think his hyueg cone head would look weird for a game like DOA5, which has that art style that mixes anime and realism but doesn't exaggerate or stylizes proportions like Bayonetta or Devil May Cry 4.
It's probably his forehead as well since it is quite large XD His hair just covers it, in certain glitches on the PC version his hair is completely gone and he really does have a large forehead. Maybe if they lowered the base of the default hair like the alternate it would look more natural, but I still prefer default since I dislike layered styles except for Kuja's
Screenshot (804).png

Jadeinchains

I can vouch for that since Grunt has a style similar to eliot tbh xD even tho if I had straight blond hair I would get a hime cut or a style similar to Kuja xD

It's probably his forehead as well since it is quite large XD His hair just covers it, in certain glitches on the PC version his hair is completely gone and he really does have a large forehead. Maybe if they lowered the base of the default hair like the alternate it would look more natural, but I still prefer default since I dislike layered styles except for Kuja's
View attachment 25184

Yeah when I had my platinum blonde hair it was pratically Eliot's alt hair lol, same length, style, just much lighter. ( I only have blonde at the top now and already want to bleach it again... would too probably If I didn't know it will feel like hot wax on my scalp. 0_0 )
Anyway I'm going to guess that he'll probably have both from the start anyway so chances are people that like both or one or the other will be happy. ( Wonder If Lisa will still have her Silver hair? I like that alt )

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah when I had my platinum blonde hair it was pratically Eliot's alt hair lol, same length, style, just much lighter. ( I only have blonde at the top now and already want to bleach it again... would too probably If I didn't know it will feel like hot wax on my scalp. 0_0 )
Anyway I'm going to guess that he'll probably have both from the start anyway so chances are people that like both or one or the other will be happy. ( Wonder If Lisa will still have her Silver hair? I like that alt )
I hope he gets at least one more style tbh, like maybe slicked back or like this animal Crossing one which is my favorite look since I like side shaves xD
abb-m.png

Lisa I hope she keeps that silver hair since it was my favorite style for her, I also wouldn't mind her in Momiji's bob either tbh xD

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Exactly, it's anatomically fucked up...and on top of that it is really pixelated and it doesn't move a bit during movement. It's probably the worst realized hair in the entire game. His second hairstyle was a godsent.

the_handsome_men_of_doa__eliot__by_doafanboi-d869a4r.jpg

I hope the fact that they gave him a second hairstyle meant that they had realized that the default hair looked bad.

Customization is probably really limited at release. We can't expect there to be DOA5U or DOA5LR kinds of extras and depth. Fighting games in general get more and more barebones. :/
Because they keep the characters looks, but actually still redo the character models, they would likely redo this hairstyle too. That's all extra work that they might not want to spend for the vanilla version of the game.
Yeah, I've grown very pessimist regarding fighters this generation...but there is a recurring trend of bare bone fighters that only was broken by the amazing Injustice 2. But they invested lotsa money and time into this because they knew it would sell well.

Jadeinchains

Exactly, it's anatomically fucked up...and on top of that it is really pixelated and it doesn't move a bit during movement. It's probably the worst realized hair in the entire game. His second hairstyle was a godsent.

the_handsome_men_of_doa__eliot__by_doafanboi-d869a4r.jpg

I hope the fact that they gave him a second hairstyle meant that they had realized that the default hair looked bad.

Customization is probably really limited at release. We can't expect there to be DOA5U or DOA5LR kinds of extras and depth. Fighting games in general get more and more barebones. :/
Because they keep the characters looks, but actually still redo the character models, they would likely redo this hairstyle too. That's all extra work that they might not want to spend for the vanilla version of the game.
Yeah, I've grown very pessimist regarding fighters this generation...but there is a recurring trend of bare bone fighters that only was broken by the amazing Injustice 2. But they invested lotsa money and time into this because they knew it would sell well.

They have said though that they aren't focusing right now on dlc etc and are just focusing on the game so I wouldn't be surprised at them trying to add as much as they can to it. And yeah like how Kasumi's hair has been improved etc I'm sure they'd do that with any alternate hairstyles etc. So I'm optimistic of that. ( And I'm again just really hyped to see some new info )

But yeah on Eliot's hair in general I prefer his alt hairstyle to his default one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD