Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Kasumi

All the girls with ponytails or hairstyles that aren't tightly done should have that happen tbh

Exactly! <3 I just hope the loose hair in DOA6 wont be garbage and thin like DOA5 and it'll actually have weight to its movement instead of moving like its a feather
Yes I agree.
About SC6. I've not watched much of it, ever since I heared of DOA6.
I guess hair animation is not the easiest to perfect in a fighting game. DOA and Tomb Raider are the only videogames that has the best hair & hair-animation. Tekken 7 got worse with the hair and many other games are lazy with making good looking hair.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yes I agree.
About SC6. I've not watched much of it, ever since I heared of DOA6.
I guess hair animation is not the easiest to perfect in a fighting game. DOA and Tomb Raider are the only videogames that has the best hair & hair-animation. Tekken 7 got worse with the hair and many other games are lazy with making good looking hair.
Tbh it's not that hard to do but game devs just don't devote much time to it, like Tekken 7 in regards to hair has the presentation down but loose hair moves awful(although I like how Lili's hair moves) and DOA made hair too hyper realistic, like it looks good short or tied in hairstyles but loose looks awful xD but I'm sure they'll improve it, they did fix minor issues like bulking the male characters up and with Master on the team I'm sure he'll be making sure everything is perfect this time

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What am I reading? DOA and Tomb Raider being the only games with good hair rendering and hair animation? XD First of all, while DOA has nice and clean looking alpha map hair, you can't at all lump it together with Tomb Raider's TressFX hair technology. Very different approaches, very different level of technology advancement. Secondly there are loads of other games that have great and even better hair rendering and animation than DOA. There are also several other games that use TressFX or a similar technology.

The male characters also aren't bulked up, if bulked up means increased muscle mass. On the contrary, the characters are actually visibly slimmed down. One can easily see it on Hayate in his new costume, on Ryu in the new black falcon suit and on Rig in his hoodie costume. They all had bigger arms and shoulders in DOA5. Rig's DOA5 character model had particularly big arms, which I always found strange since he's a Teakwondo fighter and that fighting style focuses on kicking. The arms were that big that they clipped through parts of the upper body when moving. They do not anymore as the male characters got a muscle mass reduction. What however has increased is muscle definition. Male characters look less like bulked up bodybuilders and more like lean athletes now. This fits perfectly to DOA6's more natural and realistic approach to character modelling. They will probably slim down Eliot as well. :)

Regarding Master fixing characters' looks: Master is the community manager of Team Ninja, his task area is acting as the bridge between the DOA brand and the community, he is particularly engaged with the competitive scene. He probably gives TN good input gameplay-wise. He has however nothing to do with the character model creation, that is done internally by the 2D and 3D art team of Team Ninja in its Tokyo studio.

juliusxcix

What am I reading? DOA and Tomb Raider being the only games with good hair rendering and hair animation? XD First of all, while DOA has nice and clean looking alpha map hair, you can't at all lump it together with Tomb Raider's TressFX hair technology. Very different approaches, very different level of technology advancement. Secondly there are loads of other games that have great and even better hair rendering and animation than DOA. There are also several other games that use TressFX or a similar technology.

The male characters also aren't bulked up, if bulked up means increased muscle mass. On the contrary, the characters are actually visibly slimmed down. One can easily see it on Hayate in his new costume, on Ryu in the new black falcon suit and on Rig in his hoodie costume. They all had bigger arms and shoulders in DOA5. Rig's DOA5 character model had particularly big arms, which I always found strange since he's a Teakwondo fighter and that fighting style focuses on kicking. The arms were that big that they clipped through parts of the upper body when moving. They do not anymore as the male characters got a muscle mass reduction. What however has increased is muscle definition. Male characters look less like bulked up bodybuilders and more like lean athletes now. This fits perfectly to DOA6's more natural and realistic approach to character modelling. They will probably slim down Eliot as well. :)

Regarding Master fixing characters' looks: Master is the community manager of Team Ninja, his task area is acting as the bridge between the DOA brand and the community, he is particularly engaged with the competitive scene. He probably gives TN good input gameplay-wise. He has however nothing to do with the character model creation, that is done internally by the 2D and 3D art team of Team Ninja in its Tokyo studio.
maybe you snapped

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Kinda like him twinky. Lmao
It don't mind him muscular or twinkish really since Eliot could wear a trash bag and I would still like him xD I'm just hoping they don't ruin his face >_>

Screenshot (855).png

I'll cry if they ruin that face :'-(

Hayabusiness

Idk if Eliot will get a copypasta body like some dudes seem to getting, but he was more average (body wise) than the other guys in 5, so I don't think they'll change him too much, since they are aiming for a more realistic approach.

Jadeinchains

latest

I hope she gets into DOA6 and gets some serious buff too. ♥

i doubt you have much to fear there, Marie and Honoka are basically shoe ins at this point with how massively popular they are. I'm excited to see her too though and what they'll have done to her.

hoping she'll have a similarly gothic type look like her main outfit as well as some kind of punk like school uniform like that dlc since that outfit is great.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Idk if Eliot will get a copypasta body like some dudes seem to getting, but he was more average (body wise) than the other guys in 5, so I don't think they'll change him too much, since they are aiming for a more realistic approach.

I'm pretty sure he will get the same copypasta body, just slimmed down a lot, like in DOA5. The poor thing also will be belly buttonless.

I really wonder if they are going to fix that or if they are deliberately gone for good. It's such a weird thing to omit. Right now not many people have noticed, because in the strongly compressed videos you don't really see it and in most images and character renders belly buttons or the lack of them is obscured. People will probably be weirded out by it only when the game releases and then it is already too late. XD

Onryoki

Standard Donor
No he didn't xD he's trying so hard to indirectly quote my messages and sound super intelligent, it's almost painful to watch because I'm not giving him the time of day nor do I give a damn what he has to say. After what he said about one of my friends? No bueno amigo.

ANYWAYS I hope they bulk Eliot up a bit so he can be as burly as he is with that one PC mod I use for him. I get he's 18 but there's well built 18 year olds, and I hope they bring back his DOA4 costume, maybe rip off a sleeve and that belt thing he wears when he gets hit with a BB
You’re being petty right now.He made some valid points though, you might not like him but that doesn’t mean that he don’t make valid points and/or is stupid. To me it seems like you want him to quote you so you can “ignore him” and laugh about it while indirectly quoting him anyway. If you really didn’t care and ignored him, you wouldn’t indirectly mention him. Also, get over the fact he said something about a friend, people always talk shit online, staying butthurt about it really has no use. It happened, now move on.

Don’t say muscle mass reduction too loudly, we don’t want them to start any more petitions... oh wait, they don’t care about the male characters, I forgot.
It don't mind him muscular or twinkish really since Eliot could wear a trash bag and I would still like him xD I'm just hoping they don't ruin his face >_>

View attachment 25535
I'll cry if they ruin that face :'-(
His face has already been ruined by that fugly egg shaped haircut.

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

Well, the girls also shared body types (breasts aside), there just were more of them. They could go this way for the guys too, this time around.

DyByHands

Don’t say muscle mass reduction too loudly, we don’t want them to start any more petitions... oh wait, they don’t care about the male characters, I forgot.
Yeah. So far the dudes are collectively smaller. But who cares about that, lol.

I am crazy interested in how the bigger guys will look, like Bayman and Bass. I had hoped thwy would be coming sooner rather than later. But we know who is coming at gamescom. And I wouldn’t guess either of them to be at TGS either. So it could be a while still.

Jadeinchains

The thing with Rachel is I wonder If because she's from Ninja gaiden and has the iconic black leather outfit there If they'd feel like she needs to keep that as her default outfit if she returned in Doa6? If they don't know and do give her a new default outfit I agree to the casual idea, That black top and shirt she got in the dlc casual pack Is one of my favorite outfits for her.

delSai

I actually like her suit costumes, i wouldnt mind if she got one of those as a default.

But yea, being a NG character im not sure if theyre going to change her much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD