Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Rachel should get this
rachel contest.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Rachel should get this
View attachment 25537

Oh, I remember this one. O: What happened to that costume in the first costume contest was really unfortunate. If it hadn't been disqualified it would've come far. It definitely would've become the winning costume for Rachel.
I hope there will be more contests like this for DOA6, maybe where fans and Team Ninja have a vote.
And please not just Halloween contests again, everything has basically been done in those. Casual contests however or contests in which everything is allowed could still come up with great, imaginative designs.

Fightaro

Oh, I remember this one. O: What happened to that costume in the first costume contest was really unfortunate. If it hadn't been disqualified it would've come far. It definitely would've become the winning costume for Rachel.
I hope there will be more contests like this for DOA6, maybe where fans and Team Ninja have a vote.
And please not just Halloween contests again, everything has basically been done in those. Casual contests however or contests in which everything is allowed could still come up with great, imaginative designs.

I am curious, why was it disqualified?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I am curious, why was it disqualified?

While the other top 5 costumes had around several hundred votes each this one suddenly made huge jumps into the thousands. At first everyone thought it was just super popular, but then it became very obvious something wasn't right and votes were manipulated. The designer was of course very upset, some even alleged he had something to do with it, but it really only hurt him. Maybe someone just wanted to get it out of the competition or maybe someone actually wanted to help, but majorly messed up. We'll never know. After that they changed the voting process. Which was kind of a shame imo.
That first costume contest sure was exciting. :)

Fightaro

While the other top 5 costumes had around several hundred votes each this one suddenly made huge jumps into the thousands. At first everyone thought it was just super popular, but then it became very obvious something wasn't right and votes were manipulated. The designer was of course very upset, some even alleged he had something to do with it, but it really only hurt him. Maybe someone just wanted to get it out of the competition or maybe someone actually wanted to help, but majorly messed up. We'll never know. After that they changed the voting process. Which was kind of a shame imo.
That first costume contest sure was exciting. :)

Ah, I see. That makes sense :p.
I really like it, and I would still feel good about it being her new default. I am kinda worried about her design if she's going to be in the game and what they'll do with it.
I am quite worried about this '' new direction '' and that they'll go down some prudish road henceforth.
I couldn't care less about bikinis or sexy cosplay, but I really loved Kasumis original costume ( which thankfully will be back ) and I am actually quite fond of Rachels too.
I've seen some good suggestions here tho, but only time will tell what the devs end up doing.
Helena's new costume was great but I didn't like Kasumis new one at all.
Leifangs silhouette looks good too but we haven't seen it yet for real >.<.
I just wish that they'd show off more costumes so that I'd know how to feel about all of this.

I hope that they do more contests like that in the future too. The fans can often come up with stuff that they wouldn't think of.

Jadeinchains

Rachel should get this
View attachment 25537

Wow nostalgia trip to that first contest again, This outfit had me blown away by how great it looked, Still really sad how that ended up after the voting thing. :I That would be cool to see It added to the game. And agreed a fan design pack of dlc would be great, I remember one year we got the Halloween contest winners and then in November got another pack of general fan designs which was cool. So getting Halloween and other fan design dlc packs would be fun. :)

And I've always loved the Halloween design contests so I'd definitely welcome different types of contests like casual ones etc.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ah, I see. That makes sense :p.
I really like it, and I would still feel good about it being her new default. I am kinda worried about her design if she's going to be in the game and what they'll do with it.
I am quite worried about this '' new direction '' and that they'll go down some prudish road henceforth.
I couldn't care less about bikinis or sexy cosplay, but I really loved Kasumis original costume ( which thankfully will be back ) and I am actually quite fond of Rachels too.
I've seen some good suggestions here tho, but only time will tell what the devs end up doing.
Helena's new costume was great but I didn't like Kasumis new one at all.
Leifangs silhouette looks good too but we haven't seen it yet for real >.<.
I just wish that they'd show off more costumes so that I'd know how to feel about all of this.

I hope that they do more contests like that in the future too. The fans can often come up with stuff that they wouldn't think of.

By the way, welcome to the forum. :)

I don't think the worries about the game being "prudish are warranted. So far, liking the new costumes or not (and I also don't like Kasumi's new suit), they are just as sexy, skin-tight or revealing. And if Kasumi's classic blue garb is in the game other classic and more revealing costumes will be in as well.

And I've always loved the Halloween design contests so I'd definitely welcome different types of contests like casual ones etc.

Yeah, maybe we could have...like Lisa casket contests or something like that!

giphy.gif

Jadeinchains

I don't think the worries about the game being "prudish are warranted. So far, liking the new costumes or not (and I also don't like Kasumi's new suit), they are just as sexy, skin-tight or revealing. And if Kasumi's classic blue garb is in the game other classic and more revealing costumes will be in as well.

giphy.gif
Lol, a certain member here is shooketh!

*see's @Tyaren and @KwonJigglypuff 's posts*
tenor.gif

*Sarcasm mode engaged*
And wow...look at her silhouette! They've completely desexualized her! :mad:

Crext

Standard Donor
Rachel could also get something inspired by Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as it makes her more "normal" while in the human world, while still sticking to the theme of being a demon hunter:

Jacket on:
de4548c2d02eda35cbf3e015bc84d17e

Dress Break (without the text of course):
4465831-4152203849-3433..jpg

Princess Kasumi

I am tired of Marie Rose's default costume. I prefer this, because it will make her look slightly more mature.
The shoe design with the ribbon, is going to be so eye-catching in a fight.
I love the use of that demon-heart from her default costume. It's added onto the dress, the shoes and even as a finger-ring.
What I want to be removed from this costume: The eye-patch, the wings and the tail. The rest is perfect in my opinion. I hope they'll make Marie slightly aged. Make her a bit taller and make her body more slim from the other girls to remain as the youngest girl in the character-selection.

195.jpg

Fightaro

giphy.gif

Thx :), and I hope that you're right.
I know that some people here make fun of the whole '' people are mad because breast reductions '' thing. But honestly some of the interviews are just really concering to me, altho admitedly it's also a more personal issue to me.
There's another side to it all wherein there's a lot of demonization and dehumanization going on in this regard, and comments like '' breast reduction = more human '' is just fuel to that fire .
I hope that it was a mistranslation tho.
But it's still sad to see that some people are very dismissive about it and how it can actually hurt people for real.
There's obviously the other side of the extreme too, where people only complain about comments like that because they only care about it for sexual reasons.
But for me and a lot of other people it's a very personal issue and about wanting to be accepted and recognized as actual people too.
It's just a matter of respect and being considerate towards each other.

Rachel could also get something inspired by Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as it makes her more "normal" while in the human world, while still sticking to the theme of being a demon hunter:

Jacket on:
de4548c2d02eda35cbf3e015bc84d17e

Dress Break (without the text of course):
4465831-4152203849-3433..jpg

Personally I hope that they go down an '' Ivy Valentine '' route with her and revamp her entire moveset to make her more of a dominatrix grappler.
I am admittedly not a fan of the Ninja Gaiden series, so I don't really know too much about her. But from a purely aesthetical and gameplay pov I'd love to have a character like Ivy in the game and think that it would really fit Rachel.

I know that DoA isn't a weapons fighter like Soul Calibur. But maybe they could make her summon the '' axe '' that she has in Ninja Gaiden for some moves or a pole and use it like Jade from Mortal Kombat?
Maybe weapon summons would be unpopular in the DoA community, but I wouldn't mind it for certain moves.
When Kasumi grabs someone for example she could use her blade.

I am hoping to see Momiji back too, and hopefully she'll have her old default one too. I really love the black version of her default costume in DoA5.

Last edited:

Fightaro

I am tired of Marie Rose's default costume. I prefer this, because it will make her look slightly more mature.
I love the use of that demon-heart from her default costume. It's added onto the dress, the shoes and even as a finger-ring.
What I want to be removed from this costume: The eye-patch, the wings and the tail. The rest is perfect in my opinion. I hope they'll make Marie slightly aged. Make her a bit taller and make her body more slim from the other girls to remain as the youngest girl in the character-selection.

195.jpg

That's a cool costume ( agree about the eyepatch tho )!
The shoes are also weird to me tho xD. It's the same with Shaheens shoes in Tekken. There's just something about pointy shoes like that which I think looks weird :p.
But as far as I understand, she won't be in the game?

Princess Kasumi

That's a cool costume ( agree about the eyepatch tho )!
The shoes are also weird to me tho xD. It's the same with Shaheens shoes in Tekken. There's just something about pointy shoes like that which I think looks weird :p.
But as far as I understand, she won't be in the game?

I know the shoe design looks a bit weird, but somehow I like it that way, as it makes the costume look less ordinary.
Team Ninja needs to age her alittle bit. Giving her a new standing stance, make her a bit taller and make her overall body more slim from the other girls to remain as the youngest girl in the series.
Her voice actor need to sound slightly more mature too.
She needs her intros and outros changed.
I've an idea for an intro for her. She makes a slight cheeky evilish giggle, as her mouth is also covered slightly by her hand, then she removes it as she says "You think I'm innocent?" or this one "You think I'm weak?" as she ends with an wicked smile on her face, while her eyes sparkles at the same time.
I hope Team Ninja reads this. It will make Marie Rose a more interesting and a fitting character to the series.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

195.jpg

Yeah, this costume should've been realized in the game. The designer did a brilliant job. XD

The theme was of course Halloween, but I bet the designer would actually be okay with removing the tail and wings to make it more casual. I'm not sure about removing the eyepatch though...er, I mean he would probably not be so sure about removing the eye patch. It's imo such a nice detail with the bead that looks like a tear of blood. :)

I think the shoes look a bit weird because they are supposed to look demonic and Halloween-ish. If this wasn't a Halloween design the designer would've probably chosen different ones.

Princess Kasumi

^ I actually like the pointy strange looking shoe design. It makes the costume look less ordinary from "reality". The costume would fit her perfectly, if they are going to make Marie Rose slightly aged, a bit taller, more slim body from the other girls and a bit more mature voice with new intros and outros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD