Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Hey everyone

I am new here and I've been checking out this site since 2014 I would say. I decided to join since DOA6 was announced

On topic: I love Helena's new design the most. I want this hairstyle as an option for her

latest

Kasumi's new redesign is awful, basic and boring. I don't think it will ever grow on me as well.

How do you post that picture and then proceed to call anything awful, basic, and boring after?

:p

UpSideDownGRUNT

Just give Hitomi her ponytail as a default and stray away from denims/Tank tops she's supposed to be 20 but still dresses like her dad dressed her lol

But not stray too far from her usual designs hitomi would look dumb in a dress for example.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just give Hitomi her ponytail as a default and stray away from denims/Tank tops she's supposed to be 20 but still dresses like her dad dressed her lol

But not stray too far from her usual designs hitomi would look dumb in a dress for example.

Nooo, her denim jacket is so iconic! D: It was a crime when it was only added as DLC (at least it was free) in DOA5.

Denim jackets always make me look back fondly at the 80s (which I didn't really experience since I was just a couple years old, lol.). :)

dd.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D232

UpSideDownGRUNT

Nooo, her denim jacket is so iconic! D: It was a crime when it was only added as DLC (at least it was free) in DOA5.

Denim jackets always make me look back fondly at the 80s (which I didn't really experience since I was just a couple years old, lol.). :)

dd.jpg%3Fw%3D300%26h%3D232
It wasn't dlc though, it was added on disc to 5U also it wasn't even the actual costume it was her C1 with a denim jacket and a recolour of her tank top. Also it's funny you say that since you always rag on Ein's DOA2 leathers for the same reason.

It's not baaad, just overdone since her C1 is always her denim jacket or a tank top I want something fresh like Ein's redesign in Dimensions. New, contemporary but still the character's usual style.

Jadeinchains

I actually think she could keep the denim, For a start her default in doa5 was great. Or do only I think that? lol. ( the tanktop with denim jeans ) but also secondly, denim/tanktops really popular, Like it's impossible to not see 500+ 20 something year olds wearing tanktops and jeans now a days. I guess she could have something different though, I guess though she'll have some kind of denim thing though as one of her defaults though since Hitomi always tends to have more casual clothes.

TheDragonAwakens

Just a question, why do you think in every game, a character's main costume needs a new design? Why not just use the same design again? Just had this thought when I looked back on Hayabusa's previous LBF designs and they were so much better in many ways compared to his current LBF now. Wish he had kept his NG3 body armor and his NG2 headcrest.

KwonJigglypuff

Seeing Helena's C1 makes me realize Lei Fang might get her DOA1 classic outfit this time, with the bun hairstyle. Plus, most fans wanted this back, so it's the perfect opportunity!
Also, the leather jumpsuit is possible too, the way it was before (no cleavage/fishnet is allowed).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It wasn't dlc though, it was added on disc to 5U...

Are you sure? Wasn't it among a free set of classic costumes a couple weeks after DOA5 came out? Did I really wait for that long for Hitomi's iconic outfit? D: Hitomi was back then one of my favorite characters...

Here's by the way Hitomi as a little girl with her father Hans and her older sister Greta:

family12.jpg

You can see where the love for denim came from...and already back then she was a tomboy.

Jadeinchains

Are you sure? Wasn't it among a free set of classic costumes a couple weeks after DOA5 came out? Did I really wait for that long for Hitomi's iconic outfit? D: Hitomi was back then one of my favorite characters...

Here's by the way Hitomi as a little girl with her father Hans and her older sister Greta:

family12.jpg

You can see where the love for denim came from...and already back then she was a tomboy.

Wow lol, Not Hitomi's dad in this picture actually looking like a younger version too of him in the games -
latest

He lost the spark in his eyes but at least he kept the mustache.

And I remember back when Christie was like joint first as my fave character, Probably related to her because of back when she invented being British.

And now that I think about it I actually don't know If she didn't get that denim outfit from the past games until DOA5U came out?
Also I mentioned it somewhere else but for Christie It would be cool to see these two outfits make a comeback -
3aa7e736fb3987f5969999d0d7228faa20130114201436.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wow lol, Not Hitomi's dad in this picture actually looking like a younger version too of him in the games -
latest

And I remember back when Chrsitie was like joint first as my fave character, Probably related to her because of back when she invented being British.

And now that I think about it I actually don't know If she didn't get that denim outfit from the past games until DOA5U came out?
Also I mentioned it somewhere else but for Christie It would be cool to see these two outfits make a come back -

Lol, that's the red trench coat that people have been crying over for years to be added to DOA5. It never came...

tenor.gif

And that's totally Hitomi's father, Hans! D: He just turned old and gray and disillusioned quickly after Hitomi eloped with a stranger that she randomly met in the woods. Now the dojo is closed because Hitomi's big sister, Greta, didn't want to take over as well. She rather focused on her career in denim fashion.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
latest

And I remember back when Christie was like joint first as my fave character, Probably related to her because of back when she invented being British.

Also I mentioned it somewhere else but for Christie It would be cool to see these two outfits make a comeback -
Yeah she only got the denim outfit in 5U xD and that Butler costume I would want back if they gave her the same heels from,the red trench coat costume to her in black, in Dimensions they gave her ugly black boot ¬_¬
Hey everyone

I am new here and I've been checking out this site since 2014 I would say. I decided to join since DOA6 was announced

On topic: I love Helena's new design the most. I want this hairstyle as an option for her

latest

Kasumi's new redesign is awful, basic and boring. I don't think it will ever grow on me as well.

I was bored so I made this, I stopped when it started to look like Taki lol + I don't think red fits Kasumi that much, although I like the cherry blossom flower I added.
VuS3CfJ.jpg

I know the edit is awful since I did it in like 5 mins. Sorry.
Sorry but I don't like the edit you did, the color scheme is very imbalanced and the blue ribbon doesn't go with it at all, and the blue cherry blossom flower is out of place and doesn't fit imo, maybe since it's blue because of pink. And how is her new design "basic"? The ninja suit is actually very detailed, her original default is actually boring in comparison XD
228px-Doa5_kasumi.jpg

Jadeinchains

Lol, that's the red trench coat that people have been crying over for years to be added to DOA5. It never came...

tenor.gif

And that's totally Hitomi's father, Hans! D: He just turned old and gray and disillusioned quickly after Hitomi eloped with a stranger that she randomly met in the woods. Now the dojo is closed because Hitomi's big sister, Greta, didn't want to take over as well. She rather focused on her career in denim fashion.

Christie's red trench coat saved the fashion industry Yep that's the one...
*looks longingly out window*...when will my $569.99 gucci trench coat return from the war?
( It never came is correct... )
Same with the tuxedo which I also thought Christie was serving some high-class realness in but oh well lol.

And I mean I can understand why that would probably confuse/worry Han's lol. Hitomi's wild though, Falling in love with him like that...I mean...It's Hayate...Imagining falling in love with Hayate. jk
Greta actually designed Hitomi's doa5 default for her, What a good sister.

Also in terms of possible outfits that could return from previous games from doa4 this would be nice If it returned - ( PS: Obviously there's lots and lots of great outfits in doa5 I'd like to see return too )
3de56efd05622b852790e8967a7d04d8.jpg

Although we also got Kodachi's awesome bat themed outfit in doa5 so there's that too. In general for Lisa in DOA6 ( because she will be in, Don't you dare say anything anyone. ) I'm just expecting for her default to be something very high fashion etc.

UpSideDownGRUNT

family12.jpg

her Denim and ponytail wasn't a thing until Ein's trailer Hitomis DLC in Vanilla was 3 bikinis, Bunny bikini, gym bloomers and a school uniform. I forgot about her Oktoberfest dress.

Just a question, why do you think in every game, a character's main costume needs a new design? Why not just use the same design again? Just had this thought when I looked back on Hayabusa's previous LBF designs and they were so much better in many ways compared to his current LBF now. Wish he had kept his NG3 body armor and his NG2 headcrest.
Because the same costume every time is boring, however in asking for change you don't always get good changes. look at most of Tekken 7 defaults lol

Last edited:

Leifasumi

Sorry but I don't like the edit you did, the color scheme is very imbalanced and the blue ribbon doesn't go with it at all, and the blue cherry blossom flower is out of place and doesn't fit imo, maybe since it's blue because of pink. And how is her new design "basic"? The ninja suit is actually very detailed, her original default is actually boring in comparison XD
View attachment 25248

I know, I was actually going to edit the whole thing including the ribbon but I stopped thinking it would look like a mess regardless lol
Even though the example is a mess but her new outfit needs a cherry blossom flower somehow! It's blue because I didn't know how to color it XD.

I do agree about her old main and that's why I lowkey want Kasumi's NGS2's redesign of it to make it instead of the original. I hate black on Kasumi for some reason. The outfit in my avatar is my all time fav of hers, unfortunately that bitch Phase 4 stole it :(

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I know, I was actually going to edit the whole thing including the ribbon but I stopped thinking it would look like a mess regardless lol
Even though the example is a mess but her new outfit needs a cherry blossom flower somehow! It's blue because I didn't know how to color it XD.

I do agree about her old main and that's why I lowkey want Kasumi's NGS2's redesign of it to make it instead of the original. I hate black on Kasumi for some reason. The outfit in my avatar is my all time fav of hers, unfortunately that bitch Phase 4 stole it :(
Bitch? You don't like phase 4? XD
OMG yes please!!! I really want a man beautiful 21 century man with a beard and a nice modern hair cut !!! Rig was a good step in the right direction, but I don't like his fighting style ! Make them look like Chris Pine and I'll be a very happy boy :D
I hate body hair but I wouldn't mind if eliot had like a very light amount of it on his chest like Leon Chiro has when he hasn't shaved in a while:oops: He's the only person I don't mind any body hair on at all as well as Eliot:D

Jadeinchains

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, will admit but I completely forgot this ending of DOA3.

I was looking at some characters that barely had any importance to the game that had some effort in their design and this guy fits the bill a bit.

I seriously doubt it but imagine If it was actually Hitomi's dad that was the new male character in doa6?! Again I seriously doubt it but It suddenly just came to my mind there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD