Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute

Standard Donor
It was pretty stupid of TN to do that
It was also pretty stupid of you to call Raansu stupid for saying that he didn't want Phase 4 to come back. He didn't declare that Phase 4 wouldn't come back, and yet, if he had, there is a literal precedent of the exact scenario you described occurring in this franchise from this developer. He did state that a character can be in the story without occupying a separate, playable character slot, which is not a stupid thing to suggest nor a joke (see: Kasumi Alpha in DOA2 or Alpha in DOA4), and is a perfectly rational statement.

With Kasumi in DOA6 already showing signs of inspiration from Phase 4, if the latter were included as a separate character in the roster rather than a costume for Kasumi (as Kasumi Alpha was in DOA2), it's likely that she would have a completely revamped moveset. Given TN's reluctance to evolve movesets thus far, I'm not sure how likely that is. All that aside, frankly, I'm with Raansu. Phase 4 was a stupid addition to DOA5 and I would be quite pleased if she didn't return.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It was also pretty stupid of you to call Raansu stupid for saying that he didn't want Phase 4 to come back. He didn't declare that Phase 4 wouldn't come back, and yet, if he had, there is a literal precedent of the exact scenario you described occurring in this franchise from this developer. He did state that a character can be in the story without occupying a separate, playable character slot, which is not a stupid thing to suggest nor a joke (see: Kasumi Alpha in DOA2 or Alpha in DOA4), and is a perfectly rational statement.

With Kasumi in DOA6 already showing signs of inspiration from Phase 4, if the latter were included as a separate character in the roster rather than a costume for Kasumi (as Kasumi Alpha was in DOA2), it's likely that she would have a completely revamped moveset. Given TN's reluctance to evolve movesets thus far, I'm not sure how likely that is. All that aside, frankly, I'm with Raansu. Phase 4 was a stupid addition to DOA5 and I would be quite pleased if she didn't return.
I interpreted it differently and in my defense I was in a bad mood earlier. I think Phase 4 is a great addition to DOA5, but with Alpha still being here it’s kinda unnecessary for her to be here. I’m happy with her in the cast regardless, and I’m excited how she’ll be in DOA6.

Anyway, back to the topic: I wonder if Phase 4 will get her own costumes instead of used Kasumi ones, if they reuse Kasumi costumes at least redesign them so Kasumi and Phase don’t have the same costumes but with color swaps.

Ninoasker

....if TN said they'll be all playable...but not included him? :leon: ok then, I don't wanna give high hope that he would be in roster or anything...if you (Team Ninja) actually abandoned him in 6 vanilla for some reasons.
Shhhh. Let's just keep our hopes up for now. There's nothing confirmed about half of the roster so far, I'm pretty sure TN will surprise us. ;)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
A smaller roster in my opinion, is better. It will be easier to remember the character movelist and their "weaknesses"

It's not how things are suppose to end up though (even if it's an opinion). Lack of characters winds up making the game seem barebones in diversity. Most fighting games in the past only had a smaller roster due to systematic issues where they had no choice -but- to make it smaller.

Smash is about to have the largest roster pool in the history of games as well as stages, and yet the game will sell more than most games. I'm neutral with having a smaller roster, but if all the characters are the same as before or just plain uninteresting, people will ask for more out of this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this from the other thread. Maybe they could bring some of these for DOA6.

1111111111-jpg.25552

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm against the smaller roster because they are going to do that season pass bullshit like KI/Tekken/SF. I hope I am wrong. I really do.

Season pass will be thing for sure. Shimbori mentioned characters being DLC as well so this was unavoidable. In fact, it would be hilariously weird if they don't lol.

HHH816

I'm against the smaller roster because they are going to do that season pass bullshit like KI/Tekken/SF. I hope I am wrong. I really do.

i think TN going to do to like tekken and SF cause they said they overdid the DLC in 5.

TOBMAST3R

So, one thing I am really interested in is - did Team Ninja work on the loose hair? Since Hitomi will be fully revealed soon, it is a topic (at least for me) once again. She will be the first female DOA6 character that will be presented with loose hair.

Do I have high hopes that it looks flawless? No. But I wish it was. I mean - nearly every hairstyle with a bun, braid, ribbon, band looks really good. But when it comes to loose hair, it is something beyond. Why is that? Is more than 20 years of experience not enough to finally figure out how to create good and near as realistic hair in a fighting game? To be fair - for me - DOA has the better hair styles of all fighting games, just to make that clear but I think, it wouldn't kill them to tune up the hair animation. (Also, the hair length could go to the roots...)

This "hair animation" was a thing for me, when DOA5 was announced. I wanted it to be like that.

UpSideDownGRUNT

The black and pink kasumi outfit def inspired her default DoA6 one.
the black and pink jumpsuit is Hitomi I think, the hair is different.

However at the bottom is TOTALLY Helena's braid... so it looks like they're not afraid to use old hairstyles.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, one thing I am really interested in is - did Team Ninja work on the loose hair? Since Hitomi will be fully revealed soon, it is a topic (at least for me) once again. She will be the first female DOA6 character that will be presented with loose hair.

A couple of things we can already see on Hitomi's render and infer from other hair that we've seen:

1) Hairstyle is the exact same
2) Hair got more polygons (should move smoother, less clipping through shoulders)
3) Hair textures are the same but higher resolution
4) Hair is less transparent (makes hair appear less thin)
5) Hitomi's hair seems to have grown quite a bit:

hitomihaare.jpg

TOBMAST3R

A couple of things we can already see on Hitomi's render and infer from other hair that we've seen:

2) Hair got more polygons (should move smoother, less clipping through shoulders)

View attachment 25553

Nice observation. Let's see how it looks like in motion. :hitomi:

KnacKrover

View attachment 25553

About time that her hair would be looks great with more polygon and real HD! (also 4K...)

Probably yeah. Ayane looks like a Dark Souls character lolol.

Lol Ayane on the right looks like a Dark Souls character.

Ayane with that black cape and dark gothic costume theme reminded me of DOA3 swap move set and voice mod

Raansu

Do I have high hopes that it looks flawless? No. But I wish it was. I mean - nearly every hairstyle with a bun, braid, ribbon, band looks really good. But when it comes to loose hair, it is something beyond. Why is that? Is more than 20 years of experience not enough to finally figure out how to create good and near as realistic hair in a fighting game? To be fair - for me - DOA has the better hair styles of all fighting games, just to make that clear but I think, it wouldn't kill them to tune up the hair animation. (Also, the hair length could go to the roots...)

This "hair animation" was a thing for me, when DOA5 was announced. I wanted it to be like that.

I'm sure it will be the same as always. Hairs pretty difficult to do and doing realistic flowing hair can be pretty taxing on a system. Fighting games obviously want to keep the butter smooth stable 60 fps.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I'm sure it will be the same as always. Hairs pretty difficult to do and doing realistic flowing hair can be pretty taxing on a system. Fighting games obviously want to keep the butter smooth stable 60 fps.
Of all the graphical aspects of character models in a fighting game it's also one of the least important priorities. Especially when compared to model quality, texture fidelity, secular mapping, and attention to costume detail. I would take well rigged hitboxes and articulated move animation over ultra detailed hair with realistic physics and collision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD