Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnacKrover

Currently starting a 3D design career and getting my Japan visa so I can apply to work in DOA6 and make this an actual thing kkkkkkkkk

No but really I'd LOVE hairy Bayman. Maybe with the beard being removable so I can choose depending on my mood (and bc I love my man fully showing his handsome face and would be sad to not being able to see him without a beard anymore) but the haired chest is a MUST! And the same goes for Leon! Give both of them some hairy chests (and some open shirts so they can show their new furry goodness) a le Miguel from Tekken...:oops:
tekken_7___miguel_2p_by_godlike99kingz-dc1lahd.jpg

Hairy body and beards are HIGHLY~ recommend!

PS. dat boots tho :thumbs up: /insert heels with guns

Hayabusiness

They also have much better light reflection now, although you can't see it in that screen cuz the falcon headpiece covers it.

UpSideDownGRUNT

He also apparently wears eyeliner, he's more brighter in skin colour similar to Hayate and is shinier his cowl mask kooks weird though.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
He also apparently wears eyeliner, he's more brighter in skin colour similar to Hayate and is shinier his cowl mask kooks weird though.

I don't think he wears eyeliner, lol. It might look that way because his eyelashes are blurred together due to the video compression. This is a screenshot of a Youtube video.
I'm glad they changed his eyeshape. They looked just weird in DOA5 and Ninja Gaiden 3.

They also have much better light reflection now, although you can't see it in that screen cuz the falcon headpiece covers it.

Lighting is in general greatly improved. DOA5 had, even at its time, bad, faked lighting, shadow and self-shadowing effects.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That's because they're using dynamic lighting this time around, I read in a DOA6 article that they used panned pre made lighting for characters in DOA5(Very glaring in their win poses and lose poses) but in DOA6 they're using better stage specific lighting for all fields like SFV and Tekken 7 and Dissidia FF NT and basically any current gen game uses

Tyaren

Standard Donor
No clue if already mentioned but... maybe they'll make Lisas skin darker again?

Hopefully they won't whitewash her again.

I honestly think they rather go a couple tones lighter again than darker. That's unfortunately a recurring trend with darker skinned girls in Japanese games. :/

@Jadeinchains

Has Helena face been changed/improved ?

helena2.jpg

One has to keep in mind though: Lighting and perspective can significantly alter the appearance of the same face...

Jadeinchains

No clue if already mentioned but... maybe they'll make Lisas skin darker again?
Hopefully they won't whitewash her again.
I honestly think they rather go a couple tones lighter again than darker. That's unfortunately a recurring trend with darker skinned girls in Japanese games. :/

@Jadeinchains

View attachment 25302

One has to keep in mind though: Lighting and perspective can significantly alter the appearance of the same face...

*shakes back and forth*
They can't lighten her skintone, I don't think they would either, And If you look at pics of Lisa in doa5lr she was still clearly darkskinned/black etc. So I really don't think they would lighten her skin. I'd like her to either have the dame skin tone as in doa5lr or darker if it was changed at all.

...I just really want to see her, Hopefully she's revealed soon. Tomorrow marks a month since the game was revealed so hopefully we get a reveal soon.

Jadeinchains

Mccuse me! :eek: I thought I said something like "in 2 days it will be"? Oops if i didn't lol. Anyway tomorrow it will be so a reveal would be great...I doubt we'll get one but yeah.

i want a reveal so bad! It will be so cool to see Lisa and everyone with new outfits and how they look now in doa6. :)

Ninoasker

I noticed that they completely remodelled Ryu's eyes, they are of a different shape and shading:

View attachment 25299
I wonder how he'll look like maskless... I'm one of the few people in this world that actually liked his DOA5 face (not my fave one but for me he doesn't look as bad as people try to make him look), but it won't hurt a small retouch to his face complexion. For now, I think the eyes look MUCH better. The eyeliner/eyelashes make his eyes look more like he's actually alive and less like he has a dead fish's eyes lol.

Hayabusiness

I wonder how he'll look like maskless... I'm one of the few people in this world that actually liked his DOA5 face (not my fave one but for me he doesn't look as bad as people try to make him look), but it won't hurt a small retouch to his face complexion. For now, I think the eyes look MUCH better. The eyeliner/eyelashes make his eyes look more like he's actually alive and less like he has a dead fish's eyes lol.
I have a crappy screenshot:
Screenshot_2018-06-08-20-39-47-1.png

You cannot judge much due to his expression but you can see his eyes are better and his eyebrows are much more fuzzy (thank God).
If there is something else we can judge, his skin looks smoother. However I think he'll keep the eyebags.

Ninoasker

I have a crappy screenshot:
View attachment 25304
You cannot judge much due to his expression but you can see his eyes are better and his eyebrows are much more fuzzy (thank God).
If there is something else we can judge, his skin looks smoother. However I think he'll keep the eyebags.
Yeah, the expression tells me nothing LOL, but it's nice to see some little details fixed! Now we only need to wait for his neutral face to see if they retouched the structure at all.
It's also nice that he's keeping the eyebags since I personally love them.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I love Jann Lee facial expression and skin graphics upgrade. Can’t wait to see Leifang like this, including the rest of the other characters. View attachment 25303

To be honest, I think they made Jann's neck too short, not just on the image above but I noticed that in general in all new footage. :/

I wonder how he'll look like maskless...

For completion also in-game captures of Hayate and Ryu witout hood or mask:

hayate.jpg

ryu2.jpg

Sotherius

Wow, i just noticed that his headpiece now resembles a dragon.

I'm slow.

Also, while not back to his bishie days, Ryu looks better than DOA5/NG3RE here on DOA6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD