Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

just_me

Standard Donor
To anyone believing they acted on the backlash they got

Well, they did make Helena's boobs bigger again… but that's about it.

They won't change their marketing approach in the West. We certainly won't get the “Strongest package” over here and whenever Shimbori is asked about fanservice stuff from Western media (except maybe from guys like Giuseppe from Dualshockers) he will still say awkward stuff that is then poorly translated and chopped up, so some retards on the internet can get outraged.

Shimbori has been fairly consistent in Japanese interviews and even to Western media they said basically from day 2 that there will be classic and sexy costumes, they will still make the girls cute, sexy and beautiful and that there will be boob physics.

Nothing changed.

Basically, all that rioting did is generate some outrage bait for Willy boy and embolden a bunch of trolls… you still see “concerned fans” everywhere that clearly never played a DoA game.

I've also seen a bunch of comments suggesting that SJW cuck Shimbori will definitely censor the Western release of the game and he should obviously apologize and be fired.

Also, hardly anyone said that they want some sexy with their fighting… the way more common point was that DoA is trash on any level, especially the fighting and the only reason anyone would possibly buy these games is the fanservice.

The idiocy during this whole ordeal has been absolutely off the charts and this was the first time I've actually been embarrassed to be part of the DoA community. The frequent attacks on Shimbori as a person, the trash talking of the game they are allegedly fans of in a way not even Aris would and the absolute inability to boot DoA5 and look at the damn tiddies was (and still is) mindblowing.

/rant

Xhominid The Demon Within

Yep, it's still a massive dumpster fire and primarily the reason I visit even less forums about DOA than I have previously.

What's even more pathetic is that this isn't even like any of the other controversies that people love to spam "Get Woke, Go Broke!" and act like they know what they are talking about.

This isn't Battlefield V where you have people outright insulting consumers and giving backwards as hell answers on why the multiplayer for that game seems to not even remotely be based on... Battlefield and instead comes off like Fortnite with a simple explanation that could have made it better.

They made the decision on their own to tone it down but still keep it and have been saying so since the 2nd day after their trailer aired and yet people refused to believe, giving off absolutely RETARDED examples that practically shows they never played DOA at all(I'm not going to buy the game until they get massive breasts and be in bikinis... as if that was their defaults...), can't even tell the damn differences between models(Acting as if she has smaller breasts between DOA5 and 6... when she doesn't and it was mainly how her Blue Outfit looks which gives off further illusion of a bigger bust), crying and complaining whenever they get the chance(Lei-Fang doesn't have her Cheongasm!? SJW!?!?!... Even though Helena has one as her base costume and thus it would be dumb for Lei-Fang to have a similar outfit for her main costume) and not helping is that you have bloggers, Youtubers and anyone who has never played the game before acting like they have feeding the outrage long since it was over.

It honestly can't be understated for how stupid this is... OVER IGN'S FAULTY INTERVIEW THAT PEOPLE STILL USE TO THIS DAY!

It reminds me of the costume ban that people still try and say happened when it didn't because Eventhubs decided that it was somehow official and went behind everyone's backs and write an article before anything conclusive can happen, this you had people coming out of the woodwork, "diehard fans" suddenly giving a shit about what happens in tournaments they don't even watch and play and dumbasses trying to mock without even trying to get facts themselves. It reminds me exactly of that how ultimately all of this is a non-issue that really shows people don't like to use their brains, they just react.

zoo

I'm honestly glad I found this site cause all that bs made me think "so wow no one really cares about doa do they" but it's opposite here so that's cool. I just never understood how doa literally gives people a strictly fan service game along with its fighter and people bitch about the fighter trying to be a fighter

Atahotaku

I'm honestly glad I found this site cause all that bs made me think "so wow no one really cares about doa do they" but it's opposite here so that's cool. I just never understood how doa literally gives people a strictly fan service game along with its fighter and people bitch about the fighter trying to be a fighter
My thoughts exactly.

Great community you have here people :)

Macca Beam

I wonder why they try to keep saying they are getting rid of the fanservice only to turn around and jam pack the games with it. Do you guys think it's mistranslation, or are they trying to make the SJW journalists shut up by lying to them?
1) bad translation. this is the same community that believed the text about the series coming back to arcades after 13 years was referring to a character's age because some smoothbrain who could only read the number 13 said so
2) somewhere along the way they realized every single other fighting game series was basically rolling in it and thought "oh shit, we've made a mistake"

and this was the first time I've actually been embarrassed to be part of the DoA community
took you that long? i had to fuck off shortly after LR/X3 when the waifuautism got way off the charts.

Leifang

I agree, love it here too.
6D026953-6A75-4BF2-8BA6-9BE7FEEEE8E0.gif

Honestly there are some people here and there that aren't chucklefucks that try and wrangle in the stupidity from happening, even in places like Eventhubs, GameFAQs and the DOA Reddit. The issue is that you equally have a number of dumbasses and trolls who either can't bother to do info for themselves or want to take advantage of the situation to cause more nonsense.

It's not helped that because of the push in fanservice that happened through DOA5LR, newbies believe that this is the STANDARD of DOA or missed why people was not on board with Tecmo Koei trying to tone down fanservice in DOA5(because there was nothing to legit tone done by comparison from past DOA titles unless you want to bring up DOAX).
Basically it's obvious that most of the people whining and crying is only looking for drama, not helping by the fact you end up with places like OneAngryGamer and EventHubs going for what brings in the most amount of clicks rather than anything even remotely about the news(isn't it funny that the DOA news for 6 was PRIMARILY for the fanservice woes? Including bringing up the Strongest Edition as if it's going to be released for the US to talk about how many fighters there are when they could have used either of the other 2 editions?).

So you end up with this extremely distorted view of the game that is basically no different than politics these days that shows how just how little credibility places like EventHubs and whatever even HAVE anymore...

Kasumi-Phase-X

And here's Marie's Deluxe costume! I like it tbh, it's cute and fitting
View attachment 25873

These costumes look awesome, Honoka's is one of My favorites.

How do you guys feel about the complete 180 TN has seemingly pulled again with DOA6? Just like with DOA5, they originally made it sound like they were neutering the fanservice in the game. The latest footage and bonus costumes finally prove that's not the case. You can see that the sexy lose poses are still in with full viewing glory. Honoka's boobs still bounce like they are ready to blast off into space. And those newly revealed outfits for Ayane, Marie, and Honoka are pretty sexy.

I wonder why they try to keep saying they are getting rid of the fanservice only to turn around and jam pack the games with it. Do you guys think it's mistranslation, or are they trying to make the SJW journalists shut up by lying to them?

Also, I think it's funny because there were a lot of people who seemingly are afraid of boobs and sexiness who were cheering TN on and berating all us fanservice fans when that stupid article came out. "Finally, maybe all the perverts will leave now and find another game to play." Well, sorry, but we're still here and DOA is still our game. Thank you, TN. :D

Assuming they were intent on going for a toned down content (based on whatever western interviews said) or just repeating what DOA5 previously did (before DLC & Updates). The 180 would be better than not having content at all, the stuff they've recently showed from TGS definitely gives Me hope for DOA6 may offer in the future. We also have the gameinformer interview where for downloadable content he is going to see what gamers really want.

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...-on-de-emphasizing-the-sexiness-of-the-series

Its possibly be mistranslation for "less sexual" or "boobs are smaller" opinion, but we still have the one interview that was said in famitsu interview (via google translate) especially when he went to EVO17 (where there is no DOA tournament) & getting opinions from "fans" about wanting a cooler game hence DOA6 current approach before TGS. It wouldn't be a surprise if they're also trying to not get outrage by journalists if we were to consider the psu interview when DOAX3 VR gotten flak for that feature.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa6-famitsu-interviews-shimbori.7060/

https://www.psu.com/news/dead-or-alive-6-interview-with-yohei-shimbori/

mxlwxxh1tbdusy_500-jpg.25882
These incels hating on the game because of "censorship" or whatever lack proper reading comprehension especially considering the fact that it was stated multiple times that the sexiness wasn't going anywhere. You just jumped the gun. Plus, literally nobody was "berating" anyone who liked the fanservice, and IF they were it's because you people don't know how to not act entitled when things don't go your way.

It might just be me, but why exactly are people getting mad at less fanservice in a FIGHTING game anyways? If the game in question was DOAX it would make sense considering fanservice is the #1 priority of that game but I seriously don't get why people weren't going to buy DOA6 and support TN because of this SJW boogeyman. The gameplay's still gonna be good, and isn't that the mainpoint of the game? Dead or Alive's core gameplay without the excessive fanservice is still Dead or Alive, it's not like they're using their tits in the fighting! People like you sound so entitled and don't deserve DOA6 at all...

You don't need to some group like "incel" to hate a game because of "censorship" or what is being said in certain interviews saying the game is toned down.

Why are people getting mad about less fanservice in fighting game? People like Me & belts don't like content toned down even if it has no effect to gameplay, imagine a game like MK well known for its blood & gore deciding to tone down gore & violence just to become popular for eSports (regardless if blood & gore still get huge sales). When your a franchise like DOA (before DOAX games) that has a variety of costumes including skimpy or bikinis as optional costumes (mainly on console releases plus some updates), especially with DOA5 DLC lifespan that is based around costume themes & swimsuits (plus what fans created for Halloween) which lasted for 2012-2017 along with managing to do Season Passes that worth $90 (Last Round). Fanservice is why I enjoy the DOA brand (not just DOAX games), and willing to spend the large sum of Season Passes along with going to DOA tournaments. Whenever comments from other sites think of costume themes & swimsuits, they think of DOA (since its a popular names).

When someone decides to come out with a sequel that decided to make it "less sexualized" like IGN interview that Shimbori said (before fanservice is still here statements & what was updated), when the previous titles were based off "sexualized content" that people like Me would enjoy, it should be no wonder why people are upset.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06...-on-can-team-ninja-balance-familiar-and-fresh

Not buying a game is the only thing people can do if companies are making decisions that people don't like. What would you do if there is a brand you enjoy makes certain decisions that you don't like (like toned down content, dumbed down gameplay, maybe microtransaction) are you going to buy a game regardless of them making decisions you don't like?

Gameplay only mainpoint is just a mandatory job for making videogames, but gameplay isn't everything if you were to consider MVCi sales & updates it even has. Visuals & Content (like Blood & Sex) is also important for a videogame, gives people more reason to buy a game. Fighting games is not a special genre to justify why a game has less fanservice especially for the DOA brand (not just DOAX titles).

human013

Also, hardly anyone said that they want some sexy with their fighting… the way more common point was that DoA is trash on any level, especially the fighting and the only reason anyone would possibly buy these games is the fanservice.
Just to piggy back off this real quick. Its been 6 years since I first started playing DOA and the things people are saying now are the same things they said back then for 5. Every aspect, from the characters and their names to the gameplay, was bad. This was when DOA5 released. How was it possible for a series that has 5+ games failed at every aspect of being a game. I knew nothing about DOA at the time but something was definitely off. Turns out I was looking at the FGC, or specifically the people who don't play DOA, reviewing the game.

Not liking a game is fine and games do have faults but every community I have been in have all been echo chambers. It is especially bad for 3D fighters. I remember on a Tekken forum someone mentioned Tekken should have a tutorial like DOA5U and the people there went ballistic saying things like Tekken doesn't need it and the person who said it was just a DOA fan trying to promote the game and all the usual DOA insults. All over a tutorial system. I grew up with SC and never ventured out of it until 2012 so I was blinded by the community until I started to play DOA and the SC people are also the same as the Tekken people.

Just look at the SC6 vs DOA6 people love to do right now. SC6 and its character models are visually 50 times better than DOA6 because DOA6 is the same as DOA5 in terms of graphics and character models. No improvements were made. Then you have a pro SC player say that DOA6 feels the same as DOA5. The moment that person said that all credibility was lost. A person does not need to like a game to notice these things. You don't even need to compare SC to DOA to show how false the claims are. Just compare one image of DOA5 to DOA6. Read one paragraph detailing the mechanics between 5 and 6 and the differences should be obvious. Its just blind hate.

I mainly play GG, BB, Uniest, BBTAG, SC, and DOA but also played Tekken and KOF a bit. One thing that should be obvious is that FGCs are usually hypocrites and will stick to their games no matter what. Your game is bad since it did that one thing. My game did the same but its fine because reasons.

Besides that you have to remember that regardless of what DOA6 does, every little thing will be bad to those who don't play it. Those little things will be even worse if they play another fighting game. If you want real discussion about a game go to its respective community even if it may be an echo chamber. At least the info you get for your game of interest is reliable.

Raansu

Just to piggy back off this real quick. Its been 6 years since I first started playing DOA and the things people are saying now are the same things they said back then for 5. Every aspect, from the characters and their names to the gameplay, was bad. This was when DOA5 released. How was it possible for a series that has 5+ games failed at every aspect of being a game. I knew nothing about DOA at the time but something was definitely off. Turns out I was looking at the FGC, or specifically the people who don't play DOA, reviewing the game.

Not liking a game is fine and games do have faults but every community I have been in have all been echo chambers. It is especially bad for 3D fighters. I remember on a Tekken forum someone mentioned Tekken should have a tutorial like DOA5U and the people there went ballistic saying things like Tekken doesn't need it and the person who said it was just a DOA fan trying to promote the game and all the usual DOA insults. All over a tutorial system. I grew up with SC and never ventured out of it until 2012 so I was blinded by the community until I started to play DOA and the SC people are also the same as the Tekken people.

Just look at the SC6 vs DOA6 people love to do right now. SC6 and its character models are visually 50 times better than DOA6 because DOA6 is the same as DOA5 in terms of graphics and character models. No improvements were made. Then you have a pro SC player say that DOA6 feels the same as DOA5. The moment that person said that all credibility was lost. A person does not need to like a game to notice these things. You don't even need to compare SC to DOA to show how false the claims are. Just compare one image of DOA5 to DOA6. Read one paragraph detailing the mechanics between 5 and 6 and the differences should be obvious. Its just blind hate.

I mainly play GG, BB, Uniest, BBTAG, SC, and DOA but also played Tekken and KOF a bit. One thing that should be obvious is that FGCs are usually hypocrites and will stick to their games no matter what. Your game is bad since it did that one thing. My game did the same but its fine because reasons.

Besides that you have to remember that regardless of what DOA6 does, every little thing will be bad to those who don't play it. Those little things will be even worse if they play another fighting game. If you want real discussion about a game go to its respective community even if it may be an echo chamber. At least the info you get for your game of interest is reliable.

I think the biggest kicker of this community compared to other FGC's is just simply how DoA players are much more accepting of other fighting games. We have several top doa players over the years from multiple iterations of DoA go on and be top tier players in other fighting games. I can't recall a single player come from other fighters and do that with DoA because of some weird stigma that doesn't even make sense considering the games they play are far more fan service than DoA.

human013

I think the biggest kicker of this community compared to other FGC's is just simply how DoA players are much more accepting of other fighting games. We have several top doa players over the years from multiple iterations of DoA go on and be top tier players in other fighting games. I can't recall a single player come from other fighters and do that with DoA because of some weird stigma that doesn't even make sense considering the games they play are far more fan service than DoA.
That is why this is now the only community I come to and why the SC community lost all credibility. Even the anime fighting games aren't as bad as the 3D ones. The BB vs GG is dumb and it was a shocker when I got into both those games in 2015. I mean cmon, BB is too anime while GG is not? No one looks at GG or BB and not think anime. An anime fighter, GG, is literally calling another anime fighter, BB, an anime game similar to how SF would call GG an anime game. That is like saying Bleach is more anime than Attack on Titan. As dumb as that may sound it is nothing compared to the DOA vs SC and Tekken.

Communities are trying way too hard to be unique and isolate each other it just becomes stupid.

werewolfgold

Not buying a game is the only thing people can do if companies are making decisions that people don't like. What would you do if there is a brand you enjoy makes certain decisions that you don't like (like toned down content, dumbed down gameplay, maybe microtransaction) are you going to buy a game regardless of them making decisions you don't like?

Gameplay only mainpoint is just a mandatory job for making videogames, but gameplay isn't everything if you were to consider MVCi sales & updates it even has. Visuals & Content (like Blood & Sex) is also important for a videogame, gives people more reason to buy a game. Fighting games is not a special genre to justify why a game has less fanservice especially for the DOA brand (not just DOAX titles).
What it comes down to is that people should've waited a little more to see what was getting toned down as opposed to throwing a fit that anything was getting toned down at all. But people ended up showing their asses on that front.

DOA5 did go overboard in a lot of ways. And while I'm sure that some people bought season passes and such, it didn't do much for DOA's reputation in the eyes of the general public. Some of the DOA games let you wear bikinis, but a lot of them didn't. DOA2 didn't, DOA3 didn't unless you had some kind of expansion pack, DOA4 didn't. DOAD didn't. None of the (fighting) DOAs had something akin to OMG mode besides the first one and that was mostly tech related. None of the other ones have 5 different jiggle settings and let you shake the boobs with your controller.

So, with DOA5 being an outlier (even Itagaki [DOA's creator] said that they were going off the rails), you can't say that what we have for DOA6 thus far is some kind of betrayal like some on the ragenet were making it out to be. It's very much in line with most DOA titles.

It's not just as simple as "sex sells". You can't just keep turning up the fanservice because eventually you'll hit a wall where the general consumer base isn't going to respond well to it anymore. TN probably felt they were hitting that wall. So, we're probably not going to get controller shake or OMG mode or gravure vids this time around, you're not going to see Marie on a pole, and we may only get 1-2 swimsuits and not 20. The thing is that no one knows for sure at this point. And anyone is free to not buy the game over those possibilities. But, those possibilities coming true would still equal the majority of DOA titles. So, if that's the dealbreaker, then...how much did you really care about the game to begin with? That's going to get called into question.

Yes. I've seen this far too often. If everyone here were just sex-negative prudes, we wouldn't likely play DOA at all. It's just that there comes a point when everything is getting overshadowed by the cheesecake. That's a problem. There is still a game underneath there. Fanservice is supposed to be a perk, not the point.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

What it comes down to is that people should've waited a little more to see what was getting toned down as opposed to throwing a fit that anything was getting toned down at all. But people ended up showing their asses on that front.

DOA5 did go overboard in a lot of ways. And while I'm sure that some people bought season passes and such, it didn't do much for DOA's reputation in the eyes of the general public. Some of the DOA games let you wear bikinis, but a lot of them didn't. DOA2 didn't, DOA3 didn't unless you had some kind of expansion pack, DOA4 didn't. DOAD didn't. None of the (fighting) DOAs had something akin to OMG mode besides the first one and that was mostly tech related. None of the other ones have 5 different jiggle settings and let you control the boobs with your controller.

So, with DOA5 being an outlier (even Itagaki [DOA's creator] said that they were going off the rails), you can't say that what we have for DOA6 thus far is some kind of betrayal like some on the ragenet were making it out to be. It's very much in line with most DOA titles.

It's not just as simple as "sex sells". You can't just keep turning up the fanservice because eventually you'll hit a wall where the general consumer base isn't going to respond well to it anymore. TN probably felt they were hitting that wall. So, we're probably not going to get OMG mode and gravure vids this time around, you're not going to see Marie on a pole, and we may only get 1-2 swimsuits and not 20. The thing is that no one knows for sure at this point. And anyone is free to not buy the game over those possibilities. But, those possibilities coming true would still equal the majority of DOA titles. So, if that's the dealbreaker, then...how much did you really care about the game to begin with? That's going to get called into question.

Even people were to wait more to see what were getting (which is going to only thing they can do at this point), they would still need to deal with interviews with Shimbori (via English translation) saying stuff that comes off as toning content down with opinions like “We wanted to make a more cool and mature Dead or Alive this time, and to that end we made a conscious decision to make the characters less sexualized,” from IGN or “Toning down the sexual expression doesn’t relate to esports, It’s more of a world trend. We’re considering how to make this franchise well-received everywhere.” Kotaku for examples which creates concerns. Even if the actual goal for DOA6 is different than what was written up for the interviews.

https://archive.fo/BKMYB#selection-1589.0-1589.178

Assuming eyes of general public really makes difference on how profitable DOA5 method is (at the very least kept them longer for 5 years) along with contests, 6 Season Passes (7th cost less & had less pack since it was the finale), and third-party collabs which is insane on what they were able to do unless they're method led to them making less content (like SCV) or one set content (like MvCi) then ended their support then I can accept that opinion. Even if there are other games don't let you wear bikinis, there are still skimpy designs to choose within its library before DOA5. DOAD had one bikini (which is Kasumi's DOA2U costume 19/DOAX Begonia bikini), "control the boobs" part is mainly a PS3 thing since the wireless controller added motion which is what both Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & DOA5 add breast jiggle via sixaxis.

I remember reading the interview from Itagaki when I was part of FSD, but I honestly don't care much on what Itagaki (original creator) himself thinks of DOA5 current direction at the time, since he isn't relevant to current DOA projects along with Itagaki's last game was Devil's Third which I haven't seen anything else from him.

Shimbori is the only one that feels anything about DOA fanservice from famitsu & psu interviews (which are from My previous post) considering he listens to opinions from random comments & mainstream media (which media has problems with sexual content in general), even DOAX3 was mention on taking things too far.

The stuff you mention like OMG, gravure, poles (even though main titles never have pole dances besides DOA4 Christie Ending), and amount of swimsuits. This is the stuff we won't see from the start, its going to be solved with feedback on what gamers truly want which all it needs is a proper platform to being able to speak on what they want.

If I was ever question as to "How much I care about the game?" if I didn't buy the game, I'd give you the opinion "If it was anything like DOA5 Updates/DLC in terms of content, I would've pre order along with getting Collectors Edition if it was available in the US (for DLC codes)." But in reality, I plan on pondering just to see what DLC has to offer along with waiting for survey feedback (since I talked to Shimbori himself) since DOA6 did show some stuff that interested Me.

Even people were to wait more to see what were getting (which is going to only thing they can do at this point), they would still need to deal with interviews with Shimbori (via English translation) saying stuff that comes off as toning content down with opinions like “We wanted to make a more cool and mature Dead or Alive this time, and to that end we made a conscious decision to make the characters less sexualized,” from IGN or “Toning down the sexual expression doesn’t relate to esports, It’s more of a world trend. We’re considering how to make this franchise well-received everywhere.” Kotaku for examples which creates concerns. Even if the actual goal for DOA6 is different than what was written up for the interviews.

https://archive.fo/BKMYB#selection-1589.0-1589.178

Assuming eyes of general public really makes difference on how profitable DOA5 method is (at the very least kept them longer for 5 years) along with contests, 6 Season Passes (7th cost less & had less pack since it was the finale), and third-party collabs which is insane on what they were able to do unless they're method led to them making less content (like SCV) or one set content (like MvCi) then ended their support then I can accept that opinion. Even if there are other games don't let you wear bikinis, there are still skimpy designs to choose within its library before DOA5. DOAD had one bikini (which is Kasumi's DOA2U costume 19/DOAX Begonia bikini), "control the boobs" part is mainly a PS3 thing since the wireless controller added motion which is what both Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & DOA5 add breast jiggle via sixaxis.

I remember reading the interview from Itagaki when I was part of FSD, but I honestly don't care much on what Itagaki (original creator) himself thinks of DOA5 current direction at the time, since he isn't relevant to current DOA projects along with Itagaki's last game was Devil's Third which I haven't seen anything else from him.

Shimbori is the only one that feels anything about DOA fanservice from famitsu & psu interviews (which are from My previous post) considering he listens to opinions from random comments & mainstream media (which media has problems with sexual content in general), even DOAX3 was mention on taking things too far.

The stuff you mention like OMG, gravure, poles (even though main titles never have pole dances besides DOA4 Christie Ending), and amount of swimsuits. This is the stuff we won't see from the start, its going to be solved with feedback on what gamers truly want which all it needs is a proper platform to being able to speak on what they want.

If I was ever question as to "How much I care about the game?" if I didn't buy the game, I'd give you the opinion "If it was anything like DOA5 Updates/DLC in terms of content, I would've pre order along with getting Collectors Edition if it was available in the US (for DLC codes)." But in reality, I plan on pondering just to see what DLC has to offer along with waiting for survey feedback (since I talked to Shimbori himself) since DOA6 did show some stuff that interested Me.

Except here's the problem with your logic and those on GameFAQs, the DOA Reddit and R/Kappa who believe they are the majority:

They aren't. You don't seem to realize that as much as they are the ones who complain about the fanservice being the series' core identity(which makes about as much sense as nothing at all) and thus stifling it in any matter is wrong... You miss how little it actually matters to those who play it... because they love the series for everything else.

Most of the people complaining practically shown they have never touched a Dead or Alive game and never will by the very nature of how they are acting and what's worse is you see them practically acting like the very people that they say is "ruining" Dead or Alive... those filthy SJWs and the ironic part? I've SEEN SJWs help ruin games... Dead or Alive had issues with SJWs and that's why you see the gaming press usually shit on the game hardcore but it was never any of this backwoods nonsense that you see lately where the games literally get censored out the ass because of well being and other crap like that.

You had people so on the edge that you had a mistranslation from the very source of gaming journalism that we aren't supposed to be taken seriously be the so called "rallying cry", fuck what Shimbori says because he must be a two faced hack and it couldn't be the fact that there is simply different ways of marketing to different countries, that has NEVER happened before in gaming...
You have people, even when Shimbori is proven right in the fact that the fanservice is going nowhere and they mean to not put massive focus on it, now trying to pretend that it's either they AND the Japanese fans(yeah sure, the Japanese fans that would have tore the fucking building down if they was that irate...) gave it to Shimbori... despite him talking about it for months on end... or other sites that stoke the flames to further push the retarded agenda for quick clicks.

The worst thing? Even at it's lowest, the GameFAQs DOA board had people who actually wanted to play the game... and now it's primarily filled with trolls that will constantly say that the game is saved now because of Honoka's bouncy chest and that Shimbori got BTFO even among the few that states that it was never going away... that in Eventhubs, you have the same 2-3 people trying to parrot nonsense over and over again even when you have 4-5 people trying to bring in sense in the chaos so that it won't try and spread among idiots. And at this rate, most of the fanbase practically has gone completely QUIET on the issue which only gives further carte' blanche from these guys to pretend that they ARE the fanbase when they are a minority within the minority.

It's honestly gross as hell that this even OCCURED when not only the game wasn't even close to gold yet, but people will practically brush aside everything else as if tits is what causes DOA's fall or not... despite it not causing the fall of DOA5... nor any other past DOA game for that matter nor would Shimbori's "messups" cause the fall of this one. Because as I said before and as others have said as well:

Most of the people complaining about this DON'T EVEN PLAY DOA and the ones that do are in the minority. The majority of those complaining are the ones who legit believe that DOA is terrible and thus the only reason there are still sequels is because of the fanservice, IT HAS TO BE. It's like the same shit with any other fighting game, pick the lowest hanging fruit and see why it's shit to convince your echo chamber on why it's bad. It's been done with SFV, MvC:I, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, Tekken, etc. You even see it in Twitch and Youtube Chat constantly, let's not pretend that they even matter. I've seen more people give DOA a chance after seeing gameplay from tournies than trying to convince those morons that DOA is worthwhile for more than just the tits... but that's low hanging fruit for them because it's the easiest thing they can use against it, just like any other fighting game.

werewolfgold

The game is being toned down. That's not up for debate. You should still see what's being toned down and to what extent before making a fool out of yourself. You read the interviews and you deal with it by waiting.

Assuming eyes of general public really makes difference on how profitable DOA5 method is (at the very least kept them longer for 5 years) along with contests, 6 Season Passes (7th cost less & had less pack since it was the finale), and third-party collabs which is insane on what they were able to do unless they're method led to them making less content (like SCV) or one set content (like MvCi) then ended their support then I can accept that opinion.
If it was so lucrative, they likely wouldn't be changing course. Even if Shimbori felt however which way about fanservice, he still has bosses he needs to answer to. I'm sure that the DLC made them some amount of money, enough to justify doing it. But, they may think that this way, casting a wider net among "general people", will make them more money in the end. They are always looking to sell more product. You need the wider base in order for people to buy the DLC to begin with.

Even if there are other games don't let you wear bikinis, there are still skimpy designs to choose within its library before DOA5.
Yeah. That doesn't change my point. There are a number of things they could "tone down" that would still leave it about where the other games were. You think there will be absolutely no revealing outfits? Maybe. Maybe not. You don't know. No one does. Wait.

I remember reading the interview from Itagaki when I was part of FSD
Are you...not still part of FSD? What's going on? lol

Are your random comments worth listening to any more than anyone else's?

You think "gamers" will want everything that you want for the game?

If I was ever question as to "How much I care about the game?" if I didn't buy the game, I'd give you the opinion "If it was anything like DOA5 Updates/DLC in terms of content, I would've pre order along with getting Collectors Edition if it was available in the US (for DLC codes)."
I don't think you understood what I meant, though it's partly my fault for beating around the bush. If not having the equivalent of a Fortune bikini is enough for you to not buy the game, then I question whether you were really playing the DOA games or actually enjoyed the games at all.

Now, you may not have the line in the sand at Fortune bikini. But if not, then I am curious as to what the line is.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

Except here's the problem with your logic and those on GameFAQs, the DOA Reddit and R/Kappa who believe they are the majority:

They aren't. You don't seem to realize that as much as they are the ones who complain about the fanservice being the series' core identity(which makes about as much sense as nothing at all) and thus stifling it in any matter is wrong... You miss how little it actually matters to those who play it... because they love the series for everything else.

Most of the people complaining practically shown they have never touched a Dead or Alive game and never will by the very nature of how they are acting and what's worse is you see them practically acting like the very people that they say is "ruining" Dead or Alive... those filthy SJWs and the ironic part? I've SEEN SJWs help ruin games... Dead or Alive had issues with SJWs and that's why you see the gaming press usually shit on the game hardcore but it was never any of this backwoods nonsense that you see lately where the games literally get censored out the ass because of well being and other crap like that.

You had people so on the edge that you had a mistranslation from the very source of gaming journalism that we aren't supposed to be taken seriously be the so called "rallying cry", fuck what Shimbori says because he must be a two faced hack and it couldn't be the fact that there is simply different ways of marketing to different countries, that has NEVER happened before in gaming...
You have people, even when Shimbori is proven right in the fact that the fanservice is going nowhere and they mean to not put massive focus on it, now trying to pretend that it's either they AND the Japanese fans(yeah sure, the Japanese fans that would have tore the fucking building down if they was that irate...) gave it to Shimbori... despite him talking about it for months on end... or other sites that stoke the flames to further push the retarded agenda for quick clicks.

The worst thing? Even at it's lowest, the GameFAQs DOA board had people who actually wanted to play the game... and now it's primarily filled with trolls that will constantly say that the game is saved now because of Honoka's bouncy chest and that Shimbori got BTFO even among the few that states that it was never going away... that in Eventhubs, you have the same 2-3 people trying to parrot nonsense over and over again even when you have 4-5 people trying to bring in sense in the chaos so that it won't try and spread among idiots. And at this rate, most of the fanbase practically has gone completely QUIET on the issue which only gives further carte' blanche from these guys to pretend that they ARE the fanbase when they are a minority within the minority.

It's honestly gross as hell that this even OCCURED when not only the game wasn't even close to gold yet, but people will practically brush aside everything else as if tits is what causes DOA's fall or not... despite it not causing the fall of DOA5... nor any other past DOA game for that matter nor would Shimbori's "messups" cause the fall of this one. Because as I said before and as others have said as well:

Most of the people complaining about this DON'T EVEN PLAY DOA and the ones that do are in the minority. The majority of those complaining are the ones who legit believe that DOA is terrible and thus the only reason there are still sequels is because of the fanservice, IT HAS TO BE. It's like the same shit with any other fighting game, pick the lowest hanging fruit and see why it's shit to convince your echo chamber on why it's bad. It's been done with SFV, MvC:I, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, Tekken, etc. You even see it in Twitch and Youtube Chat constantly, let's not pretend that they even matter. I've seen more people give DOA a chance after seeing gameplay from tournies than trying to convince those morons that DOA is worthwhile for more than just the tits... but that's low hanging fruit for them because it's the easiest thing they can use against it, just like any other fighting game.

Honestly the only real answer on who the majority or minority is are the ones that use their wallets as their voice, and getting the stuff they like which speaks louder than words itself. I don't tend to question every user's knowledge of the game if we consider that everyone has their own reasons why we enjoy DOA (plus if their opinions is similar to how we feel) if their opinions have flaws, asking some question, or say certain things its mainly best to counter respond them. Were all individuals, with our own reasons.

Even if game journalism are the guys were not suppose to take seriously (I don't visit their sites, I follow youtubers & oneangrygamer for mainstream garbage), Shimbori would still listen to them if any of them had serious problems mainly not to get any negative response or still does interviews regardless which were bound to get mistranslations if he is following what he previously did with DOA5 before Updates. The only way to show what DOA6 truly has to offer is show off what stuff he has to offer like he did with TGS, which is a step in the right direction.

Honestly tits are never cause of DOA's fall since they're still making games including the 6th installment, what isn't failing shouldn't be changed at all. If DOA was considered terrible, wouldn't it be best to know why the game is terrible (not counting fanservice since they have 0 effect to gameplay & its sequels).

The game is being toned down. That's not up for debate. You should still see what's being toned down and to what extent before making a fool out of yourself. You read the interviews and you deal with it by waiting.

If it was so lucrative, they likely wouldn't be changing course. Even if Shimbori felt however which way about fanservice, he still has bosses he needs to answer to. I'm sure that the DLC made them some amount of money, enough to justify doing it. But, they may think that this way, casting a wider net among "general people", will make them more money in the end. They are always looking to sell more product. You need the wider base in order for people to buy the DLC to begin with.

Yeah. That doesn't change my point. There are a number of things they could "tone down" that would still leave it about where the other games were. You think there will be absolutely no revealing outfits? Maybe. Maybe not. You don't know do you. No one does. Wait.

Are you...not still part of FSD? What's going on? lol

Are your random comments worth listening to any more than anyone else's?

You think "gamers" will want everything that you want for the game?

I don't think you understood what I meant, though it's partly my fault for beating around the bush. If not having the equivalent of a Fortune bikini is enough for you to not buy the game, then I question whether you were really playing the DOA games or actually enjoyed the games at all.

Now, you may not have the line in the sand at Fortune bikini. But if not, then I am curious as to what the line is.

The only thing I know being toned down was the jiggle physics after watching the E3 stream and other interviews thats about it, similar to what DOA5 did before. Whatever still made them amount of money with the DLC they've put out, shouldn't change too much since on how far they've gotten. If "general people" might make more money, then it might be worth experimenting while keeping their content the same.

I've been part of FSD back in 2014 when eventhubs hasn't been delivering DOA content which I comment here & there, around 2015 is bit off topic subject which I haven't been on posting on there as much until years later.

I don't think what "gamers" really want everything I want for the game, it would be unrealistic. That was just a reference to gameinformer interview, which Shimbori is going to be listing to everyones opinion. Oh thats what you meant with "How much I care about the game", I just care about what the previous game did to offer same thing with the sequel.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
79 pages of back and forth???

How does a community speak about ONE thing for short of 5 months bruh? Are we that bored? It seems to be that every time we get over the topic of fanservice and breasts, someone has to bring it back up and then boom, 3 pages of titty debate. It's tired you man.

On god no one cares.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

79 pages of back and forth???

How does a community speak about ONE thing for short of 5 months bruh? Are we that bored? It seems to be that every time we get over the topic of fanservice and breasts, someone has to bring it back up and then boom, 3 pages of titty debate. It's tired you man.

On god no one cares.

Yeah the topic came back up but c'mon lets turn to another topic cause since one has really been discussed as much as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD