Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

Wonder if Helena will get her DOA2 default (tailcoat) along with the blue/white and black/gold versions as recolors. Could it work as swaps?

Or will it be her DOA5 default along with the red swap? What will be the third color?

Or simply her blue catsuit, along with the red swap? What will be the third color?

Or will they surprise us with her DOA4 red jacket? Her DOAD cocktail dress? A new costume?

Come on TN show me something for her!

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Do they really have CPU cycles to spare? XD
It would be amusing if “advanced physics” are PC/enhanced console exclusive because the base consoles do not have enough CPU power.

Leifang

I'm confident the weird character models, not just the women, in NetherRealm games are a thing of the past. They've completely changed the character art style in Injustice 2 to a much more aesthetic and realistic approach.

35009094041_6a518e8c59_h.jpg

35009092261_bcfdca2774_h.jpg

34329929453_2b1cb7a1f3_h.jpg

35009096181_1725f05ac7_h.jpg

Still the best looking models in any fighting game imo and I am sure Mortal Kombat 11 wil look equally great if not better.
My two favorite, Wonder Woman and AquaSexy.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
butt jiggle confirmed (looks like thigh jiggle, too)

I know that somehow, somewhere, @Tyaren is going to tease me once he sees this l0l

Not that it actually makes any difference like at all. Completely pointless...
I'm sure Hitomi will get butt jiggles too, Gruntie. Don't worry l0l

Interesting interview:

https://www.dualshockers.com/dead-alive-6-interview-part-1/
*Kokoro & Brad Wong teased
*OMG Mode is gone
tumblr_nnhw3nuVVr1tbmi9ho1_400.gif

human013

Are people serious about the consoles being too weak to handle ass jiggle? Should I get a PS4 pro? Any tech savvy person here? I never gave much thought about my console being weak.

just_me

Standard Donor
Are people serious about the consoles being too weak to handle ass jiggle? Should I get a PS4 pro? Any tech savvy person here? I never gave much thought about my console being weak.

The point is not that base consoles are too weak for ass jiggle per se. But for most games on current consoles, the CPU is more of a bottleneck than the GPU and those simulation aspects are usually handled on the CPU (obviously not the actual transform itself, but the computation how to shuffle the vertices around) Fighting games have to maintain a locked 60FPS which is taxing enough and if you are already running on a rather tight budget, there are simply more important things to spend your CPU cycles on than some hardly noticeable physics…

The enhanced consoles have slightly better CPUs… so there are more resources for minor stuff like extra jiggle.

I don't really know how expensive the physics computations are, but I guess the fact that X3 had the hair pierce right through the ground has something to do with all the other physics and collision detection on the models (because the game doesn't do much else most of the time)

Xhominid The Demon Within

butt jiggle confirmed (looks like thigh jiggle, too)

I would pretend that I'm somehow bigger than this... but I'm sorry I gotta call people out who pretend otherwise:

We did talk about this shit a few times here and there if they was going to the females fuller asses for once.
Seems like they decided to go the full 9 yards after adding it in DOAX3 when they said why they didn't in DOA5 was because we wouldn't see it as much and thus pointless.

Apparently it's not pointless after all. YOU'RE WELCOME JAPANESE

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I made a little Tekken 7/DOA6 character model comparison... :)
(Compare in full size please.)
tda19r690v1976szg.jpg

Regarding the butt jiggle:
Hah, I guessed right there was going to be butt and thigh jiggle when I saw that one image where Kasumi's butt and thigh were going crazy a couple of weeks ago. It looked like deformation physics glitching out. XD
Wait, why do you guys think they are not implemented on base PS4 and Xbox One?

SaihateDYNAMO

tda19r690v1976szg.jpg

Hah, I guessed right there was going to be butt and thigh jiggle when I saw that one image where Kasumi's butt and thigh were going crazy a couple of weeks ago. It looked like deformation physics glitching out. XD
I already knew Tekken 7 had horrible hair but this is taking things to another perspective... At this point, anyone who says Tekken 7 looks more realistic than DOA needs to be referred to this image immediately!
:marierose:

Xhominid The Demon Within

A comparison with a Soul Calibur 6 model would be even more damning...those belong back in 2008. Bandai Namco is just really, really lazy.

They legit pulled the models from SC4 and cleant them up a BIT. That's not laziness, that's next level.

tda19r690v1976szg.jpg

It's why I laugh at trolls who try and pull that card. Tekken 7 barely has better graphics where it counts and it's honestly pretty off when you really look at it even on PC. Honestly Tekken 7 has always looked off to me but that just proves how off it actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD