Lets talk about redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhominid The Demon Within

SaihateDYNAMO

It's pathetic to me that even SRK can actually do DOA news when they actually get news... and Eventhubs just goes for complete clickbait.

No wonder people don't take that site seriously and continue to prove Mike Z right.
If a game isn't made by Capcom or Bamco, or if it doesn't have the words "Dragon Ball" in the title, it might as well not exist to Eventscrubs. Their articles are essentially the McDonald's of fighting game "journalism": There's a lot of them, and a lot of people rely on them, yet there's no actual substance at all and too much of it is never a good thing. So many of their biased/opinionated pieces manage to get popular to the point where I'm almost inclined to think it's part of the reason why the FGC is such a hivemind lately. The articles regarding DOA that aren't just a basic "______ has been revealed!" are messy as hell with constant bashing of the game in the comments section and at times the article itself (the writers just think they're slick about it).

It's a shame it's essentially the only site of it's kind that frequently stays updated and active because the site's authors and users are a total joke. Why did SRK have to die down again?

If a game isn't made by Capcom or Bamco, or if it doesn't have the words "Dragon Ball" in the title, it might as well not exist to Eventscrubs. Their articles are essentially the McDonald's of fighting game "journalism": There's a lot of them, and a lot of people rely on them, yet there's no actual substance at all and too much of it is never a good thing. So many of their biased/opinionated pieces manage to get popular to the point where I'm almost inclined to think it's part of the reason why the FGC is such a hivemind lately. The articles regarding DOA that aren't just a basic "______ has been revealed!" are messy as hell with constant bashing of the game in the comments section and at times the article itself (the writers just think they're slick about it).

It's a shame it's essentially the only site of it's kind that frequently stays updated and active because the site's authors and users are a total joke. Why did SRK have to die down again?

Honestly it's not even just DOA, it's just one of many victims of how awful Eventhubs is compared to any other FGC site. I remember Mike Z practically called them out in the comment section of Skullgirls because somehow they covered the game so little that the only reason they even touched it... was because of a glitch that happened in a tournament. Otherwise, they only touched on when the game was being released, when the game got new releases... and that's it.

Dead or Alive is practically "Costumes", "Character releases" and as of now "whenever we need to talk about muh fanservice". Never talk about the numerous interviews the game has had or even the news of possible crossplay, Arcades when DOA6 releases, nothing. Hell, I bet they are looking for a way to talk about the ass physics and want to try and cover it with something like they did with the Strongest Package(They seriously tried to use it to justify how many characters there will be... when most people in the comment section saw it for exactly what it was).

I can point out so many games that only get coverage for when they come out... and that's it. Blade Strangers, UNIEL, Guilty Gear, Blazblue Cross Tag, NRS(This seems to be a weird one... but lets be frank, how much do they cover this game?), the works.
And then their articles is practically if it's not gameplay related it's "This E-Sports player did this" or "This rapper had lyrics that referenced X" and it's pure clickbait to the extreme when if they actually gave a shit, they would bring up that DOA6 will be showing up in Arcades when the game is released or what people hope for when Blazblue Cross Tag is getting the new collab or what tournaments these low-level games may be doing or even pointing out a what if that Dead or Alive now having it's own Stream for tournaments, what does that say for future gaming streams for Spooky for example(Since there's a stream for Street Fighter, Tekken, Dragonball, DOA and Mortal Kombat)

But hey, they apparently browse this place because that's how they was even able to find out about us talking about the ban, so I guess it's pure not giving a shit for everything else huh?

human013

Didn't remember Tekken 7 being that bad. Nice comparison. DOA somehow always looks better when compared to other fighters.

Never really been on Shoryuken since I always thought it was a SF site mainly but if they are legit then I'll start browsing. What other sites do people use for real DOA coverage?

Macca Beam

let's face it, when you're making a game in unreal engine you're already resigned to being "that bad". that engine automatically gives your game an incurable glossy turd look unless you're arcsys
though DOA has generally looked better than its competitors outside of the washed out ass 3 and 5

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Is it really true??? Has ass and thigh jiggle been seriously confirmed and does anyone have clear proof? I saw @Leifang post an Helena gif where she apparently had some but I couldn't really tell, is there any of Kasumi in her white ninja dress?? I don't feel like looking back through the bulk of whatever this thread is now >_>

Didn't remember Tekken 7 being that bad. Nice comparison. DOA somehow always looks better when compared to other fighters.

Never really been on Shoryuken since I always thought it was a SF site mainly but if they are legit then I'll start browsing. What other sites do people use for real DOA coverage?

Shoryuken is definitely alot more FGC-friendly when it comes to FGC news but as stated, it's basically undergoing renovations and it's not as updated as it once was. But it's a HELL of alot better than Clickbaithubs which says it covers all of the FGC... but anyone worth their salt know damn well they primarily just cover Capcom, Namco at times and DBFZ(hell, that's the ONLY reason why you get alot of Namco news) and most of those times, it's just what random E-Sports player says or some art from an artist instead of anything else.

They are practically ruled by their clickbait and never even try covering anything else outside of those games. Not tournaments(unless the golden games are in), not patch notes(unless it's for big games), not even the small things which can get people asking if other FGC's can do something similar or better(If SFV and DOA6 will get Arcade Cabinets, can other games do so in the future and how can it help the FGC in other places.)

Is it really true??? Has ass and thigh jiggle been seriously confirmed and does anyone have clear proof? I saw @Leifang post an Helena gif where she apparently had some but I couldn't really tell, is there any of Kasumi in her white ninja dress?? I don't feel like looking back through the bulk of whatever this thread is now >_>

Apparently so. I can see it and actually somewhat noticeable but as Hayashi stated in the past, it's hard to even notice gameplay wise.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Shoryuken is definitely alot more FGC-friendly when it comes to FGC news but as stated, it's basically undergoing renovations and it's not as updated as it once was. But it's a HELL of alot better than Clickbaithubs which says it covers all of the FGC... but anyone worth their salt know damn well they primarily just cover Capcom, Namco at times and DBFZ(hell, that's the ONLY reason why you get alot of Namco news) and most of those times, it's just what random E-Sports player says or some art from an artist instead of anything else.

They are practically ruled by their clickbait and never even try covering anything else outside of those games. Not tournaments(unless the golden games are in), not patch notes(unless it's for big games), not even the small things which can get people asking if other FGC's can do something similar or better(If SFV and DOA6 will get Arcade Cabinets, can other games do so in the future and how can it help the FGC in other places.)

Apparently so. I can see it and actually somewhat noticeable but as Hayashi stated in the past, it's hard to even notice gameplay wise.
Ugh then I'm gonna need HQ gifs or something of Kasumi or something before I get worked up, I want to believe it but until I see an interview or more direct coverage of it I can't get excited :-/

Leifang

Yeah it’s true. That’s why I showed the gif as proof.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

just_me

Standard Donor

edit: looks like quoting the link breaks the link due to cropping… edit 2+: there we go… seems to work that way

Well… I feel his excuse for Nyo being pre-order DLC is slightly better than Okubo's for Tira. “We needed more budget and that was the way to get it” is at least something rooted in reality…

let's face it, when you're making a game in unreal engine you're already resigned to being "that bad".

That they use PS3 quality models with low res textures has nothing to do with the engine…
Hxgwpj5.jpg

The grainy shadows (look at it in full size… it's a 4k image) are probably due to the engine, but Sophitia's mutant hands and her weapon straight out of SCII are not…

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Well… I feel his excuse for Nyo being pre-order DLC is slightly better than Okubo's for Tira. “We needed more budget and that was the way to get it” is at least something rooted in reality…
this article sounds interesting but seems to be unavailable now! o_O

Basically it explained plenty of things about how they went about with DOA6 and it's release schedule of characters, gameplay and other things including interest in crossplay.

The reasoning for why Nyotengu and Phase 4 being DLC is alot more rock-solid than Tira's case because:

1) Phase 4 WASN'T going to be playable but they decided against that and they made her Collector Edition DLC(which is why Kasumi seems to have alot more Phase 4 options in her moveset)

2) Nyotengu wasn't going to make the slot but Shimbori is an actual fan of hers and this was the only way to get her in outside of DLC.

And ultimately the main reason was because they are overbudget and something else for why they are like that to begin with.

just_me

Standard Donor

Seems the link in the quote block is always cropped and thus broken (even if I paste the full link and save…) The article is still up though:

Here's the link again.

The reasoning for why Nyotengu and Phase 4 being DLC is alot more rock-solid than Tira's case because:

Eh… the P4 reasons are kinda Tira tier imo “We weren't going to include her, but then we did anyway and now you have to pay extra”.

Jadeinchains

Don't know if It was answered but yeah Kasumi there's butt and thigh jiggle, I saw the Helena clip too and It's definitely there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD