Limited Edition Ninja Gaiden 3 Will Include DOA5 Demo

Awesmic

Standard Donor
According to Famitsu, the 360 Limited edition will have Hayabusa and Hitomi as playable characters, while the PS3 version will have Hayate and Ayane as playable characters.

However, the Collector's Edition will make all 4 characters playable, regardless of which version you buy. The release date for NG3 is March 22, 2012.

The DOA5 demo is downloadable via serial code, regardless of which platform or version of the game you buy.

4ee96c7663d9a.jpg

Awesmic

Standard Donor
The TN Twitter has recently stated that the release date announced was Japan-only. There will be a gap between release dates. US and EU players will have to wait a bit after March 22, 2012. No solid date has yet been announced.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.

So there's three editions of this per platform? Regular, special and collector's?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Only two versions.

The Limited for two characters, and Collectors for all four. And that's for each platform.

Hope that clears things up.

x Sypher x

Not bad. So in a way I'm assuming this is a good opportunity for players to test the game out and give feedback.

Berzerk!

Europe will be March 23. That's what it is in Australia, and we follow the Euro release schedule.

I was always going to get Ninja Gaiden 3. So, this is nice.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Nope, I'm still confused. Why call it a limited edition if it's just the regular edition? Yeah, I probably will be getting the collector's edition just for full access to the DOA5 alpha trial. Just an FYI, this doesn't appear to be on the disc, but rather as a downloadable via a code included with whichever version of the game.

DR2K

Nope, I'm still confused. Why call it a limited edition if it's just the regular edition? Yeah, I probably will be getting the collector's edition just for full access to the DOA5 alpha trial. Just an FYI, this doesn't appear to be on the disc, but rather as a downloadable via a code included with whichever version of the game.

IN the US at least the limited edition is just the first run of copies. So any NG3 will have a DOA5 demo, characters depending on console version.

Megawarrior

The TN Twitter has recently stated that the release date announced was Japan-only. There will be a gap between release dates. US and EU players will have to wait a bit after March 22, 2012. No solid date has yet been announced.
Hayashi said on the gamespot Ninja Gaiden 3 stream that the game is coming in March for NA so I think it will be a worldwide release with territories getting the game a couple days apart.

I have a feeling the "limited edition" is just first press copies of the game including the code for the DoA 5 demo. The special edition is probably the actual beefy collector's editions every game gets these days.

Raansu

Like the others said, limited is just the standard thats in a "limited" run. Similar to the limited edition of BF3 that came with the B2K expansion for free. It's just the standard game but the first print was limited.

Tenren

the only thing Im not liking abot all of this is If NG3 hits in March and we are only getting a alpha build. 1 either the game we get will be far behind the current at time build if they are trying for a 2012 winter release. Or 2 its current build and still trying for that 2012 relese

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD