DOA5U Lisa Changes: UPDATED FOR 1.05 26/03/2014

AkaShocka

This is how it is. ok I would do (tried this in training) :4::K::K: - :6::P::8::K: now, in vanilla you would be able to follow up with :6::P::8::K: :7::K: CAR :P::+::K: but I can't do it in Ultimate :(.
So in critcial they would let you do that combo in vanilla, but not in 5U :(. The launch height is changed I guess.

Tones

Premium Donor
Pretty funny that a blocked BT p+k still guarantees a 6p.

1k can be used as a stun reset that pushes them to a distance. This is a give and take, previously close in it would give you a run in 50/50 66p+h or a knock down on CH. At distance it still gives you a run in 50/50 66p+h

1pkkk is the same is was before 1pkk2k is the same as before. Pretty sure you meant 1pkk2k not 1pkkk and that 1 frame difference would be the active frames and the spacing.

Was your post done prior to the intial DOA5u patch?

Last edited:

ailingeternity

Yes it was, I'm on xbox so updates are 10 years too late. I don't take minor frame differences like that too seriously, especially with a move such as :1::P::K::K::K:. I did think it was a spacing issue initially but I tested it enough times for me to believe it was solid. I'll remove it.

Last edited:

Tones

Premium Donor
Can you add the 1k stun change and also that it can be used as a stun reset as well.

ailingeternity

Done, I'm also going to change :6::6::K: as soon as I can test it, in game it says it's +18 on block but I think you can still be interrupted when using moves lower than 18 frames afterwards, just need to finalize it before I do so. It's either a buff that hasn't gone underway or an in-game error.

EDIT: I can confirm :6::6::K: is -6 on block just as it was in vanilla. Disadvantage "changes" removed from op.

Last edited:

Batcommander

hey all, long time no see :)

There are a couple of hidden buffs that i didn't see listed yet:

:K::K::P: has been sped up. It was useless in DOA5 because it was +2 on hit, it is now +14 on hit, making the followups usable. I've been using it today and i find it a fair mixup with :K::K::K:, which everyone and their mother can hold.

:236::F+P: got a range increase, don't know if anybody noticed. It's actually not bad to throw out every now and then right outside of mid range. Caught quite a few attacks today, could never say the same about it in 5.

I know it's been mentioned that :1::K: causes a stun reset, :2::K: does the same thing as well, don't know if it was like that in 5.

:P::P: is no longer a NC, but BT :P::P: is. :P::K: is still a Natural Combo too and still leaves you at +9.

I am LOVING the new BT OH, so fun. It looks swag as hell too; I like using it after SS :P+K:, :9::P:, or even a splash feint for extra style points. :cool:

It's a pity about the :1::K: nerf, i don't even use it anymore; it's way too much of a liability. :K::2::K: was one of my favorite ways to harass people too. The nerfs would've made more sense if the followups were improved, but alas, they're still shit.

Even tho wakeup :F+K: was nerfed, it's still a pain in the ass for people to deal with, and still a great way to bait a low hold, which is great for our low OH. I feel bad for people stuck in the corner with Lisa knocked down, they still get fucked even if the stun is nerfed. In fact, if you hit somebody with this, they are at perfect range for :236::F+P: .

FT nerfs suck, but that got nerfed for everybody.

Overall, i love Lisa atm. In fact, I like her better than vanilla. She's still strong and now you are forced to be more tricky, instead of braindead spamming :1::P: and getting easy peasy half life combos. The :9::K: nerf doesn't even matter imo, it still works on CH so it still has its place.

She is still badass, and more importantly, still hella annoying to deal with, which is all that really matters imo lol

ailingeternity

Yes, the new Lisa has a very high skill-cap now and requires knowledge of so many aspects of the game to pick up.

As an FYI a stun reset defines a move that with certain advantage matching can make a continuous combo, the specific move literally connects with an unblockable frame just after the stun duration ends, which can either still be slow escaped (in some cases not) or held out of, I don't believe Lisa has any of those unless I'm proven wrong.

For example - http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/critical-stun-reset-glitch-350-dmg.2797/

If what people are suggesting is that she can stop the stun game with x move, that to me is resetting pressure rather than the stun game itself since it doesn't guarantee an additional critical stun.

Yes BT :P::P: is indeed NC on NH, :K::K::P: is +6 when slow escaped even if it isn't at +14, nothing links with it, the frame data in this game is so damn stupid! :236::h::+::P: has most definitely increased in range. I'll add all of these to the changes.

I wish TN would get rid of :K::2::K::K::K:/:1::K::K::K: and :K::K::6::K:

Thanks for finding what I've missed Bat, it's good to see you back on the Lisa boards.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Nooo dont get rid of the :K::2::K::K: variations D:

Thats my favorite thing to harass people with on counter hit next to :4::h::+::K:

No one ever expects the Mid kick lol

Batcommander

thanks for the info on stun reset ailing, learn something new everyday :)

As for that handstand kick, i would say it needs to be a sitdown stun to become viable. The mixups after would actually be legit.

I know you can slow escape :K::K::P:, in fact its quite easy to do unfortunately. However, you cant slow escape :K::K::K:, which is really what :K::K::P: is for-- a distraction for when you actually do go for :K::K::K:, which of course is far more rewarding.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
lisa bug
:6::P::4::P: second part of this string will go through a blocking Ein.

This has been a bug since DOA5 1.3 and I'm surprised they never addressed this issue.

This can happen on Brad, Christie and Hitomi too (Christie is an exeption, because her hurt box is retarded and some mids straight up whiff in her face when she's ducking).

Also, :6::P::4::P: is -4 on Leon, wtf?

Batcommander

Just a minor gripe, but :6::P::4::P::P: was nerfed as far as how long you could delay it. You could delay the last hit for ages in vanilla, now its a lot more strict :confused:

ailingeternity

For 1.05 I believe :4::4::h::+::P: has been tweaked but not nerfed, by translating the patch notes it seems at the ropes the hold window has been altered. I'll update the OP as soon as the patch is released as it's not particularly clear.

ailingeternity

OP has been updated for patch 1.05.

:4::4::h::+::P: has had a minor nerf since 1.04 in that :6::P::8::K: afterwards is holdable (:6::P: still guaranteed) but extremely hard to do on reaction, it's still a highly viable tool. For 1.05 at the ropes you now get +13 if you cause the rebound stun (not the wall knockdown) allowing for some amazing shenanigan setups.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD