Lisa combo's

Cylith

Figured I would re-post this variation I use here since it is the combo thread.
"Was messing around with combos to use and I found this: :7::K::6::P::9::K:BT:7::P:
IF the opponent was dumb enough to not counter the flip kick, since its 31 frames, or shake out(MOST people won't I notice)they get hit with a sit stun that goes straight into a CB. Then adding the the power launcher combos and you're hitting 140+ easy without a CH starter. Over 160 if CH.

What I really like about this combo is the Carrera cancels for mix-up if you're blocked or expecting a counter. It leaves your opponent guessing since there is so MUCH she can do from those.

I've landed this more than I can count, even against competent players who I train with all the time whether its the combo itself or the mix-ups."

I have had great success with specific mix-up/combo. I was even fighting really good A's+ and landing this even though they saw me do it multiple times.

Batcommander

ill have to experiment with that combo, sounds fun! I always forget you can stay front facing after :7::K::6::P: (i usually just hold back to go into BT or just mix up splash/splash feint). I've never actually tried to land :9::K: in a combo before, always forget it can be used during stun game shenanigans.

ailingeternity

:9::K: in all it's forms can either be slow escaped or in some cases held out of quite easily when used as a follow up to a critical stun and then blocked or side stepped before it lands. :K::K::K: is holdable but only during critical stun after landing :K::K: offering a legitimate 50/50 setup between :K::K::K: and Deja Vu. Despite this, it opens great opportunities to punish the specific ways one needs to escape the setup, fitting right into Lisa's punishment game. Remember :9::K: is also safe (-3) so feel free to harass with it in this situation.

Here are a number of moves/strings that you can use to set up for :9::K:.

CS/CH :236::K:, CS/HCH BT :7::P:, CS/CH SS :P: - These can only be held out of. (Use :9::K: or Deja Vu for mixup).

:7::K::P:, :8::K:, BT :4::P:, :4::K: and CH :1::P::K: - These can be both slow escaped and held out of. (Use :9::K: or launch, preferably with :3::3::P: for mixup).

All of these moves in particular are great to set up for CB too, if you land :9::K: always launch with BT :4::P: to secure damage opportunities.

Last edited:

AkaShocka

I have a very good question. Is :K::K::6::K: holdable or unholdable? I've got it held by a Christie player and when some Bass player held it, he only did the sidestep animation and not his jumping kick hold animation. So was that just a bugg or do only a few characters hold it or am I just lost in the world? I am very confused. Before you guys say "Oh you probably did :K::K::K: and Christie held that." No it wasn't that I saw the animation of :6::h::+::K:(well its not really that animation but you know what I mean) come out. Any ideas?
Also, I don't know if its holdable/unholdable because I rarely do it and when I do use it, its either blocked or it lands.

Batcommander

I have a very good question. Is :K::K::6::K: holdable or unholdable? I've got it held by a Christie player and when some Bass player held it, he only did the sidestep animation and not his jumping kick hold animation. So was that just a bugg or do only a few characters hold it or am I just lost in the world? I am very confused. Before you guys say "Oh you probably did :K::K::K: and Christie held that." No it wasn't that I saw the animation of :6::h::+::K:(well its not really that animation but you know what I mean) come out. Any ideas?
Also, I don't know if its holdable/unholdable because I rarely do it and when I do use it, its either blocked or it lands.

hmm, thats interesting. The move is holdable as far as i know. It would probably be a little more decent if it wasn't holdable tbh. Were you playing in tag?

AkaShocka

hmm, thats interesting. The move is holdable as far as i know. It would probably be a little more decent if it wasn't holdable tbh. Were you playing in tag?
No I wasn't playing tag. This is happened in a lobby and ranked match.
Oh and TBH, I can never stop looking at your avatar. Its just too hilarious :D

Batcommander

No I wasn't playing tag. This is happened in a lobby and ranked match.
Oh and TBH, I can never stop looking at your avatar. Its just too hilarious :D
Hmm, ill have to check it out, that might make the move a little more interesting. And btw, thanks! ;) Bat Commander is hilarious to me lol

XVideos

How do you combo from bt 7K into front 4PK? I saw it in a combo video and the guy was able to do 4PK almost instantly after doing normal hit bt 7K it almost seems like he didn't need to turn around at all.

Lulu

How do you combo from bt 7K into front 4PK? I saw it in a combo video and the guy was able to do 4PK almost instantly after doing normal hit bt 7K it almost seems like he didn't need to turn around at all.

Is this for a Juggle or was his opponent still Standing.

Anyway if it was a Juggle this is something I normally see either After La Mariposa's :3::F: or Her :214::[h+k]:. And really all you need to do is Time whatever it is you want to do after :7::K::6_: properly. This is something that took me a while to do properly because I buffer Pretty Much everything I do... but with :7::K::6_: you need to Let La Mariposa run for about a Second... take your finger off the Directional Inputs for about a quater of a second then you may do the next move.

Ironically nobody taught this to me... I had to figure it out after Seeing Emperor Cow and Kwiggle do it.... it wasn't hard but it does take some getting used to.

XVideos

From normal hit, back turned 7K into front 4PK without delay, I couldn't understand how it happened at all. The command input bar was not shown, so I can't copy it.

ailingeternity

The answer is :4::h:. There are a few rules before buffering this way, it's also one of the quickest ways to buffer out of BT for any character not just Lisa.
  • Only strings beginning from :4:, :6: and neutral strings can be buffered efficiently using :4::h:
  • When buffering a string that starts with :4: you can hold :4: down for a smoother (and easier) transition followed by your subsequent inputs.
  • Diagonal string inputs as well as those beginning with :8: and :2: work but have a significant delay time, so you can't begin a juggle with :7::K::6: looping sadly.
*If you're buffering a stance based juggle from BT (for example Helena's BKO :4::P::K:) :h: seems to work just fine.

YBNDM

I'm not sure if this is good but...
:7::K::6_: :P::4: BT :7::K: BT:4::P: On opponent in air :H+P:
(before the air throw on alpha you can use:4::P::K:)

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I'm not sure if this is good but...
:7::K::6_: :P::4: BT :7::K: BT:4::P: On opponent in air :H+P:
(before the air throw on alpha you can use:4::P::K:)

eeyyy the vanilla combo
it's still good

the 4pk works on light weights too, not just alpha i forget if it works on mids

on mids you can end with 7k6 T instead

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD